What is happening to PvP?

Yame

Let's see.

1. You're getting better with practice, level and gear.

2. The F2P players are hitting WZ's and don't know their heads from their...you know.

3. Both 1 & 2.

Oh, and your a sniper so you can stun and knockback at will, stay in one place and 2 shot people.

In your 20's you finally start getting some skills that boost what you can do. By the 40s you feel like a dynamic player that regularly dominates the board and you get pissed at the noobs to lose the game by not playing to objectives.

Then you hit 50.

And you realize your skill isn't as great as you think and for the first time everybody's gear isn't buffed to the same level.

People don't get "better" at MMO PvP lol

well...in DCUO; Age Of Conan , GW2 you can REALLY get better. Here too actually but here is this Gear>Skill problem.

but thats also alright if you want that kind of progression.

I play all those games. I LOVE the combat from DCUO , there is no better than that Imho, mouse clicks and holds for weaps + a few slots for powers/skills + active blocking, dodging anti cc and good power management. also some gear progression. Age of Conan gave me carpal tunnel, its combat is great too, but after 1.5 is more gear oriented; still VERY skill based. GW2 is the perfect blend of eeverything above , and swtor is traditional.

I play Swtor cause i like to win **** that makes me op sometimes lol; when i wanna relax.

So i sub here and play the others for free. its healthy.

well...in DCUO; Age Of Conan , GW2 you can REALLY get better. Here too actually but here is this Gear>Skill problem.

I play all those games. I LOVE the combat from DCUO , there is no better than that Imho, mouse clicks and holds for weaps + a few slots for powers/skills + active blocking, dodging anti cc and good power management. also some gear progression. Age of Conan gave me carpal tunnel, its combat is great too, but after 1.5 is more gear oriented; still VERY skill based. GW2 is the perfect blend of eeverything above , and swtor is traditional.

I play Swtor cause i like to win **** that makes me op sometimes lol; when i wanna relax.

awww, that's so cute. we have another gear > skill casual

Edited by FourTwent

Let's see.

1. You're getting better with practice, level and gear.

2. The F2P players are hitting WZ's and don't know their heads from their...you know.

3. Both 1 & 2.

Oh, and your a sniper so you can stun and knockback at will, stay in one place and 2 shot people.

F2P's can only do 3 WZ's a week, they are inconsequential in PVP.

DCUO was terrible lol. No wonder why you're bad at this game.

I two-shot a recruit Jedi Shadow yesterday with Shock+(1/2)Shock + Maul.

There was skill involved in that?

So you managed to get around either a 5k shock and a 9k maul (with a proc) or a 7k shock and a 7k maul(with a proc). Neither of those options sounds believable. So there isn't a lot of skill posting made up crap either.

Maybe if you were a carnage mara, you might get a gore+ravage for 10k then a force scream 4k+ but that's still not really 2 shotting.

So you managed to get around either a 5k shock and a 9k maul (with a proc) or a 7k shock and a 7k maul(with a proc). Neither of those options sounds believable. So there isn't a lot of skill posting made up crap either.

Maybe if you were a carnage mara, you might get a gore+ravage for 10k then a force scream 4k+ but that's still not really 2 shotting.

Seems like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

5K Shock + Madness Tree speced Half Shock (2.5k Damage) + 6k Maul = ?

Maybe you can redeem yourself with math.

its 5/week per character per account. very easy to signup with 3-4 accounts and play warzones for 5-6 hours straight.

5 is still inconsequential.

LOL, do you seriously think all the F2Pers are going to open that many accounts? The ones that do, are probably actually GOOD at PVP.

Are you thinking a F2P person can level to 50 with 6-8 toons in 3 days?!?!?!?!

Edited by RycheMykola

It's near impossible to get a full WH set as a f2p- it'd take about 2-3 years or even more since they also have increased costs. Plus, they'd have to spend 12 bucks just to wear the purples- even to get full BM would take over half a year.

Needless to say- if you're a p2p, start hoping lots of f2p come to the game- because you'll start to feel like a good player just due to the gear difference.

In your 20's you finally start getting some skills that boost what you can do. By the 40s you feel like a dynamic player that regularly dominates the board and you get pissed at the noobs to lose the game by not playing to objectives.

Then you hit 50.

And you realize your skill isn't as great as you think and for the first time everybody's gear isn't buffed to the same level.

lol, class comment. So true, although I started PVPing with my main at level 50, and yes learned the hard way, but with Valor 83 now, so was worth it even if sometimes you get crushed by the elite WH geared pre-made groups from time to time.

Leveling up a healer Operative at present, loving it, is lvl 48, but I know what is waiting around the corner when I hit lvl 50 with it, but I am lucky to call upon the services of one of our other healing Operatives from the guild already in full hero to make sure this transition is not so painful :p, and is obviously part of our overall plan for the perfect group to do some pay back on some old foes. Good news is, I have acquired enough comms to get 2 WH bits of armor and not just the boots as well, certainly chest and possibly headgear or even WH weapon, and at least 1 maybe 2 Battlemaster when I hit 50. So although it will be the usual old struggle, it will not be as hard as it was with my main, and will have the support of the guildies, which is kinda key.

Seems like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

5K Shock + Madness Tree speced Half Shock (2.5k Damage) + 6k Maul = ?

Maybe you can redeem yourself with math.

5k+2.5k = 7.5k

+6k = 13.5k

Unless you killed the lowest hp recruit sorc in the game which means they usually wouldnt be in full recruit, as most recruits have 14k hp or a slight bit above 13.5k, I still fail to see how you managed to two shot a recruit geared player, unless it was someone who wasn't using much recruit and had a ridiculously low amount of HP.

The "skill" to have the patience to stick through all those bloodbath Warzones in order to get your PvP gear.

Not if you played since the beginning and kept your gear at the top of the curve, so you were never facing opponents with more gear when the new stuff came out.

With legacy mailing, you can even gear up alts without ever having to play with a gear disadvantage. Newer players don't have that luxury.

5 is still inconsequential.

LOL, do you seriously think all the F2Pers are going to open that many accounts? The ones that do, are probably actually GOOD at PVP.

Are you thinking a F2P person can level to 50 with 6-8 toons in 3 days?!?!?!?!

It's opening weekend. I bet a lot of them paid the money for a pass to see if it was worth it. I know I saw what seemed like a lot of F2Pers in lowbie pvp this weekend.

P.S. most of them are rolling imperial. Glorious day for the republic!