Why is my venge jugg not critting very hard in pvp?

Taintedsaint

Hi everyone, had a question.

I have a full set of fearless and crit augs for my jug. He's sitting at like 46 crit chance in WZs and 74 crit multiplier. But the highest I've hit with him is like 47k. But I've seen other jugs pull like 67k crits and others have 79 crit multipliers. So I'm wondering if maybe I'm geared wrong?

As a side note, I have 106 acc and 0 alac. Would really appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Edited by Taintedsaint

Are you sure the other juggs aren't running rage? Veng is a dot spec after all, single big hits are not what the spec is for.

As a side note, I'd run alacrity to at least the first 1.4s GCD cutoff.

Kendra is correct. The spec is designed to spread the burns placed on a single target, to the rest of the group. Also, if you are able to get a large crit on multiple toons, at the same time, you will find you are way outperforming the single target rage spec. Meaning, if you get a 25k crit on 4 different opponents.....you have done 100k vs the 67k you are referring too AND you have spread the burns to 3 others.

I have found I prefer running with 4 alacrity augs. I am normally around 2k alacrity. (42% crit, 70% multiplier). The key is placing burns as quickly as possible, refresh them on target with the Hemophilic Slash tactical, smash, spread, and let them tick away.

Edited by Nickodemous

Hey "Taintedsaint" :)

I hope the following explanation clarifies your situation. As it is all about RNG (math).

Explanation.

1) Depending on both your Relics being active, when 2) You got the 10% bonus DMG (4 pcs) Descent of the Fearless. 3) Uses a Furious Power stack for the additional +25%. 4) All of this while being under the effect of 1-5 Stacks of `Pooled Hatred´ (Utility - Skillful).

If your highest was a 47k Crit (without any stacks of `Pooled Hatred´), that would translate into a 70.5k Crit.

Also the highest Crits are obtained vs. the lowest base mitigation targets (with Armor Penetration amplifiers and before any bonuses from specs and utilities). But some Classes have multiple Utilities adding +x% on top of `Their base mitigation´. Utilities and in Spec Bonuses that make varies Classes have more mitigation than Tanks (without active DCDs) for short periods of time (roughly 6-15 seconds).