Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So is TORHEAD dead?

DawnAskham
04.27.2015 , 04:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I'm guessing this guy is a former torhead worker who's bitter - at least he's coming off that way.
I doubt it - just calling a spade a spade.

Torhead was based on Wowhead, which at its core allows one to look up any item, quest, NPC, etc in WoW, with community content build around the database for stuff like comments, guides, updates, forums and such.

The Wowhead database (and other similar DBs for WoW) are mostly populated through automated data-mining of the WoW client, with sites like Wowhead going a step further and using an add-on run by players to gather server side data to estimate drop rates, as well as using WoW's web / auction API to pull auction information.

Sadly, every site I've seen trying to replicate even basic database functionality for TOR items has been half done with lots of missing and incorrect entries, and has typically been abandoned after a short period.

Up next to try is torcommunity.com, which seems to have worked out getting a decent database populated with TOR items.

Only time will tell if they are successful in keeping an updated and complete database, as well as updated information on things like progression and leader boards (for the record, their progression data hasn't been updated since Jan).

BrianDavion
04.27.2015 , 05:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Well, it kind of is.
guess all those people playing the game I see are figments of my despiratly lonely imagination

AshlaBoga
04.27.2015 , 10:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Wulff View Post
As I understand it the people who used to contribute to Torhead decided that with 3.0 they weren't up to cataloging all the updates and decided rather than keep a now outdated database up they would pull the plug. There is supposed to be another group trying to make something to take Torhead's place but I haven't personally seen it yet.
Nah, they'd fallen behind before 3.0.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

MaximusRex
04.27.2015 , 11:06 PM | #24
Well, it kind of is.
Yes, the 4th most profitable MMO is dead.

ShadowzGreymoon
04.27.2015 , 11:34 PM | #25
from their twitter they said they closed the doors to TORhead and offered http://torcommunity.com/ as an ALT along with swtor on reddit , as for them not updating, I think it's mostly due to the fact that ZAM the company that owned TORhead decided to pull that plug. They do have a large vast majority of games they update on more so then SWTOR. sad to say, but it's the truth, this is the game list for ZAM http://www.zam.com/gamelist.html

Raansu
04.28.2015 , 10:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Yes, the 4th most profitable MMO is dead.
And yet the population on most of the servers is dropping off significantly. Harbinger is pretty much the only "healthy" server and that's only because it has US and APAC players on it.

Celwinn
04.28.2015 , 12:41 PM | #27
And yet the population on most of the servers is dropping off significantly. Harbinger is pretty much the only "healthy" server and that's only because it has US and APAC players on it.
The Ebon Hawk is another server that is healthy.
Don't let the past define you

Ilayas
04.28.2015 , 04:19 PM | #28
You should try playing on some different servers more jedi covenant is doing just fine. I'm not saying there aren't servers with population problems but it's not just Harbinger or nothing.

But it also seems that you are really committed to saying this game is failing and will probably ignore all evidence to the contrary.
◚◚◚◚◚◚ịịịịị▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic