Top 5 Most Underrated Characters of SW

BrandonSM

Post your list!

Here is mine

In no particular order

1. Ahsoka Tano

2. Count Dooku

3. Bastila

4. Odan Urr(Big time on this guy. Look him up on Wookieepedia)

5. Qui-Gon Jinn

1. REVAN (He's not the most underrated - but he's the first one that comes to mind in light of recent debates)

2. Darth Maul (He just feels over-looked to me)

That's all I got.

Not just power.

5.Ludo Kressh

His decision was wiser than Sadow.

4.Darth Zash

To be fair she was the backbone of Nox, without her knowledge and research there is no way Nox could become so powerful and defeat Thanaton. And prior to that, her plan would be successful if Khem Val didn't jump in.

3.Darth Bane

He saved and remade the dying Sith.

2.Qui Gon Jinn

Like Bane, his idea saved and help Yoda/Obi Wan remade the Jedi.

1.Darth Plagueis the Wise

The Great Manipulator of living and death, he could bring back the dead(no others could do, not even Abeloth) and could use the Dark Side rejuvenate himself rather than let the body being to corrupted and aged by the Dark Side.

lol I'll bet you saw that coming from a mile away!

You must have seen the title of the thread and been like "Oh boy... MasterMe's gonna post something about Revan. Here we go." :D

Not you specifically, but I knew someone would.

As to Revan being under-rated. I wouldn't say that. Many over-rate him, while few under-rate him. Few compared to the number of people that over-rate him. I wish we could find a middle-ground...

Anyway, people really should have Odan-Urr and Qui-Gon on their lists.

Power level or characterization?

what is this dragon ball z or something?

sometimes the force is with you sometimes its not ;) From my point of view skill is ever changing it flutuates with time.

That is how i look star wars anyway.

Not just power.

5.Ludo Kressh

His decision was wiser than Sadow.

4.Darth Zash

To be fair she was the backbone of Nox, without her knowledge and research there is no way Nox could become so powerful and defeat Thanaton. And prior to that, her plan would be successful if Khem Val didn't jump in.

3.Darth Bane

He saved and remade the dying Sith.

2.Qui Gon Jinn

Like Bane, his idea saved and help Yoda/Obi Wan remade the Jedi.

1.Darth Plagueis the Wise

The Great Manipulator of living and death, he could bring back the dead(no others could do, not even Abeloth) and could use the Dark Side rejuvenate himself rather than let the body being to corrupted and aged by the Dark Side.

Yeah i agree with that list pretty much. I could trow in a few other characters. More recently Revan seems to be on the spotlight go wonder why.

However if i had to mention probably Ulic quel droma, and Nomi sunrider, as well Count dooku seems to have less credit in wich is due.

Edited by Spartanik

what is this dragon ball z or something?

sometimes the force is with you sometimes its not ;) From my point of view skill is ever changing it flutuates with time.

That is how i look star wars anyway.

Plagueis then.

He's a great manipulator with unique power.

Not even Luke or Palpatine, not even th Ones, not even Abeloth could revive people from death, and he did it over and over again.

Plagueis then.

He's a great manipulator with unique power.

Not even Luke or Palpatine, not even th Ones, not even Abeloth could revive people from death, and he did it over and over again.

Didn't the Daughter revive Ahsoka? Or at least save her from death? And didn't Cade Skywalker revive people too?

EDIT: And I believe Sidious revived the Death Star's chief engineer multiple times in order to prolong his suffering after the first Death Star war destroyed.

EDIT #2: He used a holocron to trap the engineer's body in clone bodies as he executed each one in new and "creative" ways.

Edited by Aurbere

Didn't the Daughter revive Ahsoka? Or at least save her from death? And didn't Cade Skywalker revive people too?

EDIT: And I believe Sidious revived the Death Star's chief engineer multiple times in order to prolong his suffering after the first Death Star war destroyed.

Sazen was close to death, and the younglings on the shuttle feared for him. The Zabrak himself was calm, though, telling the others that there was no death, only the Force, in what he believed would be his last words. Cade was unable to cope, however, and used the Force to revive his Master, skirting very close to the dark side in doing so. The shuttle took off just as Sazen regained consciousness, though Kol had been killed. In a fit of rage, Cade expressed his desire to turn back and avenge his father's death. Realizing that his apprentice had almost touched the dark side, Sazen warned him not to leave the ship, telling Cade that fighting the Sith would only further corrupt his connection to the Force. Cade did not listen, however, and when the Jedi shuttle came under attack from Imperial fighters, he left the ship, flying an X-83 TwinTail starfighter against the Sith fighters. Sazen contacted him via comlink, but Cade disregarded his warnings and continued to fight. Eventually he was shot down, and his presence in the Force could no longer be felt, though Sazen knew Cade had not perished; their bond had been strengthened after Cade brought him back from the brink of death, and he knew that he would have felt if Cade had died. The shuttle left Ossus, and Sazen and Vao went into hiding.

Cade could save people from near death, The Daughter also revived Ahsoka from near death.

No, Sidious clearly said he didn't know the power to cheat death.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Also not sure if mentioning the daughter is actualy fair.

Both the Father, daughter and son were extraordinary beings.

That's true.

As to putting Plagueis on the underrateds list. I would say that he is underrated, but his real claim to fame is his ability to save people from death. That's how we first hear about him from Palpatine. He's no slouch with the Force, but his main focus was on mastering the art of midichlorian manipulation. He had even discarded other knowledge he felt had no use to him.

He should be on the list, but I would mark him at around number six, as there are others who are not as well known as him that should get some recognition.

That's what he was able to do.

On the same day they had allowed Venamis to die.

Then, by manipulating the Bith's midi-chlorians, which should have been inert and unresponsive, Plagueis had resurrected him. The enormity of the event had stunned Sidious into silence and overhwelmed and addled 11-D's processors, but Plagueis had carried on without assisstance, again and again allowing Venamis to die and be returned to life, until the Bith's organs had given out and Plagueis had finally granted him everlasting death.

I gotta say, that is impressive. However, his main goal was to achieve immortality through this method. Obviously, he was not able to.

I would put him on my list. He's a great character in my opinion.

He was able to let his body rejuvenate itself, heal his wounds and "eventually he would cease to age altogether."

I think he wanted to share all these with Palpatine because they could save each other from death, but Palpatine could not allow someone to share power with him.

Not you specifically, but I knew someone would.

As to Revan being under-rated. I wouldn't say that. Many over-rate him, while few under-rate him. Few compared to the number of people that over-rate him. I wish we could find a middle-ground...

Anyway, people really should have Odan-Urr and Qui-Gon on their lists.

Well you may be right when it comes to most people. But when it comes to the people on these forums, I must strongly disagree with you concerning Revan.

When since is Qui-gon underrated? I always thought he was pretty beast. Are there many others who disagree?

He was able to let his body rejuvenate itself, heal his wounds and "eventually he would cease to age altogether."

I think he wanted to share all these with Palpatine because they could save each other from death, but Palpatine could not allow someone to share power with him.

I believe Sidious never really wanted to be under Plagueis' thumb anyway. It is the nature of the Sith to kill the master and take the title from him. Plagueis had come to trust him, in a way, eventually giving him more and more knowledge of the Sith. Eventually, Sidious saw no more use for Plagueis and decided to kill him. It was about time too, as Plagueis was going to keep Sidious under his thumb for the rest of his life.

Well you may be right when it comes to most people. But when it comes to the people on these forums, I must strongly disagree with you concerning Revan.

When since is Qui-gon underrated? I always thought he was pretty beast. Are there many others who disagree?

The way Qui-Gon died is why he is underrated. He was killed by a "Sith apprentice" even though he was a Jedi Master. Not only that, but not much was known about him. That's one of the reasons I made a thread about him, to bring him into the light. I do believe Qui-Gon is starting to become a more respected character though.