new holographic statue thingie could be the way to go for new tutorial

Machine-Elf

I really like the Holographic Hutt trainer they've offered as an incentive to pre-order. I hope they make it functional though, not just a visual flourish.

In fact I've always thought some kind of tutorial, via holo, should be a part of the game from the very beginning. Those text windows are fine, in the absence of an alternative, but a fully voiced personal guide to help new players get a handle on the game's various mechanics would be ideal.

Conclusion? If this what I think it is, I suggest they eventually make something similar available to new players as well. Except, you know, not with a Hutt. Some other, faction-specific, trainer.

Edited by Machine-Elf

I really like the Holographic Hutt trainer they've offered as an incentive to pre-order. I hope they make it functional though, not just a visual flourish.

From what we know, it seems to be a literal skills trainer like the ones found on fleet and the various planets, much like the portable Malgus and Satele statues.

Please no more Holograms. I know it is Star Warsy as heck and loyal to source material and all that but they always look just so..BAD. Unsatisfying. Like most other feature having to do with dialogue wheels and interaction in TOR, it is overused and spammed to death through the game. Remember in Star Wars, how like 25% of scenes had all kinds of crazy awesome holo **** going? Yeah me neither.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a fully voiced tutorial, though?

Yeah I think that would be a cool Star Warsy approach to tutorials and its a good idea, but not likely to be high on the priority list though.

Edited by Hardwear