SW:Rebels Season III

t-darko

Lovely promo you found there, taking the liberty to put it in the OP.

Looks like you're right; Ashla AND Bogan is a fact of Canon as of now, did I mention that "Dawn of the Jedi" is my personally part of the EU among other things:)

But interesting input there from the "Bendu"; looks like Jedi Leor Hal was correct all along!!:eek: Fancy that!! Interesting turn in the New Canon . . .

And the best part is: No Lucas to arbitrarily override it.

With Disney being so careful about maintaining consistency across all mediums, these lore details are likely here to stay.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for this.

With Disney being so careful about maintaining consistency across all mediums, these lore details are likely here to stay.

Actually the Disneyverse has a lot of inconsistency issues already. Just saying. It's going to happen no matter what because Star Wars always has been, and will be, a pile of authors' fanfics with a few gems actually worthy of the Star Wars title laying on top.

Despite Lucas' overrides, he actually was kind of a stickler about consistency. Bane was written to be consistent with the movies, and so was Thrawn (before the prequels). The current KotFE plot would NEVER make it past Lucas (as we've been discussing in the Vitiate/Valkorion thread).

~ Eudoxia

Actually the Disneyverse has a lot of inconsistency issues already.

~ Eudoxia

Such as?

I'm not talking about the stuff that got carried over from Lucas, or tiny things like differences in the size of the interior and exterior of the Falcon in the movies.

While I'm sure there a small things here and there, but I honestly don't know of any, current, glaring inconsistencies.

The one I'm thinking of is that in the "Smuggler's Run" novel there is a clone trooper that's in his 40's (when he should be in his 80's or dead) hunting Han Solo. That's a glaring conflict with the movie-canon which says Clone Troopers age twice as fast. Most of the other stuff is minor, yeah. But it's there, and it will continue to grow.

However, with the retconning of the EU a lot of the movie inconsistencies are now back (the republic being 25,000 or 1000 years old, Leia remembering her mother, Yoda training Obi-Wan, etc.)

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

The one I'm thinking of is that in the "Smuggler's Run" novel there is a clone trooper that's in his 40's (when he should be in his 80's or dead) hunting Han Solo. That's a glaring conflict with the movie-canon which says Clone Troopers age twice as fast. Most of the other stuff is minor, yeah. But it's there, and it will continue to grow.

However, with the retconning of the EU a lot of the movie inconsistencies are now back (the republic being 25,000 or 1000 years old, Leia remembering her mother, Yoda training Obi-Wan, etc.)

~ Eudoxia

The clone was obviously in suspended animation or he was part of a special patch of clones that were made many decades later. The author failed to mention that critical piece of information.:p

The clone was obviously in suspended animation or he was part of a special patch of clones that were made many decades later. The author failed to mention that critical piece of information.:p

Doesn't need to be many decades actually or anything outlandish at all. A clone created during the clone wars would be in his 40s biologically.

I haven't read the book in question here, but unless it specifically states he fought in the clone wars, it's not a contradiction at all.

Otherwise, it an oversight by the author, since the rapid aging is already confirmed in Rebels.

Great find, mate, if u don't mind I'm putting it in the OP as well. And after seeing that Mikkelsen feel like the only scoiche possible . . .

Throwing in a contribution from starwars.com

Edited by t-darko

Agreed, something I didn't pay attention to watching this clip before was the music!! I find it really good . . . Thrawn theme?? It's getting better and better by every watch and listening!

Is it wrong to assume Thrawn knows something is up with like Ezra coming out of the shadows like that and Hera is like sneaking around.

Guess in a way the rebels have been dealing with easily fooled Imperials that they assumed Thrawn is like any other Imperial officer.

Is it wrong to assume Thrawn knows something is up with like Ezra coming out of the shadows like that and Hera is like sneaking around.

Guess in a way the rebels have been dealing with easily fooled Imperials that they assumed Thrawn is like any other Imperial officer.

Nah, if he knew they'd probably all be dead right then and there.

He does seem to suspect that there might be more to Hera or that thingamajig (hey, apparently thingamajig is actually a word...) than is obvious.

That or she was just a conveniently located Twi'lek for him to query about the occupation of Ryloth.

Suffice to say, I think it is likely they won't actually make it to Thrawn's office

It's clear they were trying to fit a whole lot into one episode. Looks like next episode will be more focused though.

Thrawn didn't get a lot of screen time, but when on-screen he was in-character. It definitely is giving a bit of an Heir to the Empire vibe whenever they bring him into the equation.

~ Eudoxia