Grim Determination (Imp)

Mournblood

We're one of the oldest, original Imperial guilds formerly from BC. We're essentially a guild of respectful, mature players who enjoy all things end-game. While our reputation has previously been for PvP, our focus has shifted to PvE recently due to the player attrition that most guilds have suffered in the past year. It is my hope that we'll be able to re-enter the PvP scene at some point in the relatively near future.

That said, I'm opening up recruitment for our guild for all classes. I'm looking for mature, dedicated players who are interested in the opportunity to be involved with rebuilding one of the best guilds on the server, and who will help us maintain the good reputation we've worked hard to keep over the years. To jump start this recruiting drive, I'm suspending our normal application process - you will NOT be required to submit an application on our guild website - however, we will still require a short interview (10 mins on average) on TS with prospective candidates to determine membership compatibility. You will therefore need to have TeamSpeak3 installed with a working mic in order to apply.

Our current membership consists of members of the US military (including myself), private industry professionals, and most of us have families and careers outside the game. Our age restriction is 21 years or older.

Particularly active and reliable members will be promoted quickly. Leadership positions are available to motivated members who can meet our expectations. I'm also willing to consider guild mergers with anyone in a small, relatively new guild. (Obviously, we would need to have some discussions about that to make sure it's a good fit for all involved.)

As already mentioned, our current focus is sustained PvE (Operations, World Bosses, Conquest, FPs), with the eventual intention of re-establishing a viable, skilled PvP presence. We have a TeamSpeak server, a completed guild flagship, and of course a website. If you're interested at all, please contact me in game on Mourne to arrange a short interview. Thank you to all the potential applicants in advance for your time and interest in our guild.

Edited by Mournblood

As both a shameless bump and a clarification, I wanted to reiterate that for those interested in our guild we are NOT requiring you to submit an application on our website. For the current recruiting drive, and the foreseeable future, we only require a short 10-15 minute conversation with you in TS. This allows us to verify that you have TS installed with a working mic, that you've at least reached puberty, and gives us a brief opportunity to get to know you before we invite you to the guild.

Your points of contact for guild recruitment are either myself, or one of my Admin officers (Iatric or Morphling) if I'm unavailable.

Finally, we are a military friendly guild. Being career military myself, I can promise you that we don't penalize members who will be away from the game because they are deployed on military orders in places where internet gaming is not feasible.

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Edited by Mournblood

Bumped

This guild is Very supportive of Military members. As I'm in the Navy and they are being very supportive with my deployment and being very patient with me being deployed! Though I'm not in the guild yet and am still out to sea. (Navy). I was welcomed with open arms and will be invited as soon as I am ready and back home!

So if your in the military I highly recommend this guild!

-Elle

• 1 month later...
GrimD is Back! While we tend to be more PvP centric, currently we are still rebuilding our PvE/Ops raid roster. Although we do not RP, we do support RPers in the guild as we enjoy all aspects of the game. If you're interested, please contact either Mourne, Iatric, or Morphling/Daztrak to arrange a short TS interview. Community event planners should contact Slavish. Edited by iamredrobin
Grammar errors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Grim Determination has successfully concluded its recruiting drive, and our guild roster is better than ever! We wish to thank everyone who indicated interest in joining our guild. While we will always be willing to recruit competent, mature players who fit into our guild's culture, new applicants will be required to complete an application on our guild website to initiate that process going forward. If you would like to learn more about us, we invite you to visit our website at http://www.grimdetermination.enjin.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Great to see GD rebuilding after left to die for so long. Good luck!

Thank You PrapCaster. Yes, we have gathered a great team. Grim is a ready to fight now :) We are always willing to accept an online application from our website. We are also queing for Ranked PvP every Sunday night at 7:30 pm CST. You should que up and join the fight!

• 1 month later...

World War 4 is coming! X-Faction/ Open War Set your Calendars for April 28th @ 6pst.

SPONSORED BY: <Grim Determination> & <A Murder of Crows>

For More Info Contact: SLAVISH (Ambassador/Grim Determination) or Leupold (Vetern/A Murder of Crows)

RULES: 1) No Cheating! Stay out of the Safe Zone! 2) HAVE FUN!

• 3 weeks later...
Very interested in your guild. I have several characters, both Imp and Republic, that I play. I have all of the crew skills either mastered or near mastery. I am self sufficient, not looking for hand outs or credits. In fact I can help which ever guild I join with making specialty items with my toons. I am a Navy veteran having served almost 9 years in the service and am looking for people that will play together and do missions. I have both TS3 and Discord, but prefer TS3. Please send me a whisper in game as Tarl Cabot or Baldomir Grim if you'd like to speak with me.

Very interested in your guild. I have several characters, both Imp and Republic, that I play. I have all of the crew skills either mastered or near mastery. I am self sufficient, not looking for hand outs or credits. In fact I can help which ever guild I join with making specialty items with my toons. I am a Navy veteran having served almost 9 years in the service and am looking for people that will play together and do missions. I have both TS3 and Discord, but prefer TS3. Please send me a whisper in game as Tarl Cabot or Baldomir Grim if you'd like to speak with me.

PM sent.

• 1 month later...

An update, and an announcement.

We are still recruiting, but we are focusing purely on PvP at this point. While we tend to be more strict about WZ conduct than some guilds, it's because we hold ourselves to a higher standard of conduct. If you're a good player who enjoys PvPing with more mature players, stop by our site (link in my signature below) and submit an app! We want to hear from you!

As for the announcement, GrimD will be doing an item give away this coming Sunday, June 17th, at 3pm CST in DK for newer players levels 30 or below (preferred or subscriber). No strings attached. Just an opportunity to give back to the community, make a good impression on newer players with free stuff, and give them a chance to meet us. The items are armor sets, weapons, mounts, and other goodies from Cartel Packs. Nothing extravagant that anyone is going to get rich from. If you have a lowbie alt, feel free to attend.

In advance, thanks for stopping by!