Light side appearance change

Mathisku

While I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the idea, it doesn't mesh well with Star Wars. Being in tune with the Light-side is the natural order of things. We already have the Light-side appearance, because that is simply what is normal.

While I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the idea, it doesn't mesh well with Star Wars. Being in tune with the Light-side is the natural order of things. We already have the Light-side appearance, because that is simply what is normal.

Actually normal here is neutral (that's how everyone starts). In order to be light side, you do need to be really good, never hurt anyone and always help everyone. Being light side is an achievement so some might actually want to see it reflect on their characters. And it did work that way in KOTOR, just to mention an example. And of course, you should always be able to hide your alignment modifications from options as that of the dark side anyway, so if you don't like it, just turn it off.

But that's just a personal opinion, I have no light side characters anyway :D

Edited by Dinoszaurusz

Actually normal here is neutral (that's how everyone starts). In order to be light side, you do need to be really good, never hurt anyone and always help everyone. Being light side is an achievement so some might actually want to see it reflect on their characters. And it did work that way in KOTOR, just to mention an example. And of course, you should always be able to hide your alignment modifications from options as that of the dark side anyway, so if you don't like it, just turn it off.

But that's just a personal opinion, I have no light side characters anyway :D

You can be very much in tune with the natural order of things, but you are no less a part of them. In the Star Wars universe, all life is naturally attuned to the Light-side. Only when it deviates from that does it change physically. If you think differently, you are confusing the game mechanics with the reasoning behind them.

Edited by CelCawdro

You can be very much in tune with the natural order of things, but you are no less a part of them. In the Star Wars universe, all life is naturally attuned to the Light-side. Only when it deviates from that does it change physically. If you think differently, you are confusing the game mechanics with the reasoning behind them.

Okay the force is what gives a being it's power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. No one is automatically attuned to the 'light Side' Or the 'Dark Side'. The Sith use the force as a tool, and Jedi do the opposite, they're servants of the force, Jedi try to use the force in less ways as possible, this is the differentiation between a Jedi and a Sith.

Now onto the topic.

The Sith's constant 'Abuse of the Force' as well as feeding off of hate anger and death creates their appearance to be like this. But jedi would actually have a change in their appearance, since they have peace and democracy and just like to help people for the sake of it they Actually have soft calm features, but the problem in putting this into the game is that the difference wouldn't be as noticeable as the 'Dark Side' changes.

Okay the force is what gives a being it's power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. No one is automatically attuned to the 'light Side' Or the 'Dark Side'. The Sith use the force as a tool, and Jedi do the opposite, they're servants of the force, Jedi try to use the force in less ways as possible, this is the differentiation between a Jedi and a Sith.

Now onto the topic.

The Sith's constant 'Abuse of the Force' as well as feeding off of hate anger and death creates their appearance to be like this. But jedi would actually have a change in their appearance, since they have peace and democracy and just like to help people for the sake of it they Actually have soft calm features, but the problem in putting this into the game is that the difference wouldn't be as noticeable as the 'Dark Side' changes.

Not going to get into an EU debate about the nature of the Force. George Lucas stated that the natural state of all beings was attuned to the Light-side. This is why a galaxy free of Dark-side Sith and full of Light-side Jedi is balanced. Because the Light-side is the norm. End of story.

• 8 years later...
I think out eyes should start to look brighter and our complexions get nicer or something. Like we serve good so it should positively effect our appearance

So you want us to be glowy like in twilight ;) Or worse, all walking around with a health pregnancy glow...lol

Just kidding. Personally I wouldn't use it, but if people wanted it, and it could be done, I see no harm in it.