Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Airborne Agents tactical proc question

idonotdonot

I have a question on this tactical.

" Shrap Bomb / Corrosive Grenade spreads Hemorrhaging Blast’s / Weakening Blast’s effect. Dirty Blast / Lethal Shot does splash damage to all targets affected by Shrap Bomb / Corrosive Grenade. "

For the Weakening Blast effect to kick in, do you have to use corrosive blast after weakening blast or will it kick in if the corrosive grenade DOT is present on the target?

• 1 month later...

As long as one of your targets that is in range of your Grenade has Weakening Blast's effect on it, Weakening Blast's will be spread by the Grenade.

So to spread all Dots, you should:

1. Corrosive Dart

2. Weakening Blast

3. Corrosive Grenade

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still pretty green at this.

Edited by PierceSG

• 2 months later...

That's the right order. Corrosive grenade spreads both dots when AA tactical is in play so pre-loading both before CG is the way to go for max dot damage. Then alternate between cull>takedown and lethal shot spam (2-3 shots depending on your alacrity rating) for max AOE on targets within range of the boss, or just spam lethal shot for general AOE work with in-range targets when there is no boss. Best tactical in the game for virulence IMO. Splash damage range is the same as corrosive grenade from what I can see, so if CG hits them, lethal shot splash damage will, too.

Series of shots does not trigger dots, so don't bother unless you need a timing filler or fast finisher. I also only bother with suppressive fire now when mobs are too spread out, or am just goofing off soloing a heroic.

Just be aware that when the target goes down, the cast time for lethal shot is reset, so I usually pick the highest rated mob as my main target when I can to maximize shot rate. Depending on the targets, group makeup, etc. you can adjust the dot load, too, you don't always really need all dots on garbage mobs, so you can speed things up in some cases, by just going straight to CG and lethal shot, or CD>CG>LS etc. Some practice in heroics and experimentation will give you the feel for it, and speed up your runs.

Also be aware of your aggro, I have pulled mass aggro off the tank, especially in PUGs where you have a tank that doesn't taunt, or adds that haven't been taunted yet, etc. It can make life "interesting" :)