We need server faction hard caps so Republic and Sith sides are equal.

ColdLogic

It feels almost dead on my full pop server, because the reason it is full pop is because of the sith, not the republic players.

There needs to be a hard cap for factions so that the server remains balanced.

Or lock character creation for imperials if they are 10% above that of republic players on the server.

Here are some good quotes from inside this thread.

What you describe is a co-op game.......look for players via game windows , system chat, /who window etc... We want a proper MMO where we can look in any direction in major hubs and see a loads of players and come across many,many players in the open world. Noone should have to put forth an effort to "make it" a proper MMO when the game should already be that way in the first place. It should be so easy to get groups for missions and dungeons that seeing thread after thread after thread after thread...my god....after thread about the game being empty and not a proper mmo should be practically non-existent.

Good god man, using EQ as an example is ridiculous, the major social hubs were so full its was simply amazing, running around in EQ (one of top 3 biggest worlds in mmo history) and easily coming across all kinds of players was common place. if you couldn't get a group in EQ you were either incapable of using a mouse or a social outcast.

Edited by ColdLogic

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely ridiculous idea.

Why? I lose so many immersion points because we have instanced worlds and hardly any republic players on them... that is because the server is full due to the influx of imperial players, not republic. So theoretically, you could have 75% players we could have 25% and the server would be full, giving the illusion we have many republic players on, when we do not.

So nobody has played Warhammer? This is the Warhammer sequel to the tune of many many millions.

Now we'll get to fight our own faction in the warzone since bioware/mythic woops! Overlooked faction balance.

So what happens next? Well the same thing that happened with WAR, a slow agonizing death.

First comes the mass exodous.

Second will be server mergers and pop monitoring to balance the factions.

Third a lack of bug fixes as the money dries up and resources are wasted merging servers and balancing faction population.

Fourth in a panic they begin adding half ready content to entice people to stay (it will cause more people to quit).

Finally a nearly vacant mmo that is only a dream. This may end in a free 2 play model with little or no further content.

I lived through this with Warhammer and it's sad.

Edited by Errrkill

Because MMOG server populations generally balance over time. Sometimes it will take a few months, but it happens.

Well I'm incredibly concerned that almost everywhere I go is a ghost town and I am on a full server with Que times... there needs to be some kind of hardcap in place to bring in more republic players.

And how is this going to happen? Please provide details to back up your claims.

Since this game is heavy on story, it's a given that empire players will eventually go republic with alts just to experience the story.

Furthermore, MMO devs are pretty good at implementing changes to attract one side to another. Belfs and worgen, anyone?

So yeah....even steven in due time.

So nobody has played Warhammer? This is the Warhammer sequel to the tune of many many millions.

Now we'll get to fight our own faction in the warzone since bioware/mythic woops! Overlooked faction balance.

So what happens next? Well the same thing that happened with WAR, a slow agonizing death.

Third a lack of bug fixes as the money dries up and resources are wasted merging servers and balancing faction population.

Fourth in a panic they begin adding half ready content to entice people to stay (it will cause more people to quit).

Finally a nearly vacant mmo that is only a dream. This may end in a free 2 play model with little or no further content.

I don't see how this is in anyway comparable to warhammer, two different games.

Because MMOG server populations generally balance over time. Sometimes it will take a few months, but it happens.
Yeah...

Or sometimes it requires free faction changes, free server transfers and lastly it still resulted incross realm BGs to reduce queues.

It would balance out if people randomly choose their side, which they don't.

There are a lot favors for the Sith side.

Since this game is heavy on story, it's a given that empire players will eventually go republic with alts just to experience the story.

Furthermore, MMO devs are pretty good at implementing changes to attract one side to another. Belfs and worgen, anyone?

Not a chance.

Well I'm incredibly concerned that almost everywhere I go is a ghost town and I am on a full server with Que times... there needs to be some kind of hardcap in place to bring in more republic players.

The reason that is happening is because right now all areas are still being heavily instanced.

This feature will be removed. I really wish I still had the link to the Developer Interview discussing this.

(goes to look for the frelling article)

Success!

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16510-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-september-15

Edited by JarenVestrit

I'm just saying, if immersion is their #1 priority, no LFG tool, no quick travel stuff, running around mostly everywhere. Why is it so empty? That would be a huge issue if I was on the Dev team. instancing the server does not help with the immersion, in fact it makes the game even more like a ghost town when I hardly see anyone.

Cutting off zones into story areas, long tunnels to reach your ships, ect. All cut down on the immersion of the game.

Having a limited number of republic players vs high imperial numbers is something that needs to be addressed first. Not because of world pvp but because of immersion.

Didn't Warhammer do this? I don't think that worked. Granted I only stayed a month after release so I may be wrong.

I played Warhammer from start until whatever it is now....dead?

This my friend:

Edited by Errrkill

The reason that is happening is because right now all areas are still being heavily instanced.

This feature will be removed. I really wish I still had the link to the Developer Interview discussing this.

(goes to look for the frelling article)

Yes I would love to see a link confirming this because that would be a huge step in the right direction.

I'm just saying I am so incredibly worried about how dead and cold it feels being a FULL POP server, and I don't even feel immersed because of the instanced gameplay and story zones. I rarely if ever get to meet or talk to anyone outside my guild. :mad:

Wait , you're seriously saying, that faction choice follows a random distribution and is not by any means influenced by design? ...

Sorry, but Empire simply is more awesome than republic. That's what the I.P. forced upon the dev's (and the focus on story that is :>)

What this guy said. Gambler's fallacy does in no way apply in this situation.

Also, for everyone saying it will even out, how? Unless they increase the incentive to play on the Republic side there shouldn't be a difference.