Scheduled Maintenance: July 10th, 2013 [UPDATED]

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

**Update: Maintenance must be extended for European servers, and we expect them to be available at 9AM PDT (4PM UTC), and apologize for the inconvenience! This thread will be updated as soon as more information is available. **

On July 10th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher, will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.2.2 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday July 10th, 2013

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 7AM (2PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Patch Notes!

Edited by AmberGreen
Patch Notes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE

For the love of god. can you guys decide which night is the "Scheduled" maintenance night. "Tuesday" or "Wednesday"? (Australian locale) - Many guilds schedule their raids on a Wednesday (Day after weekly server reset)

Many of us have lives outside of swtor and plan raids around our lifestyle for a healthy game\life balance. Many guilds lose out on a full week of raiding every time you guys chop and change the scheduled patch day. I don't really care if it is Tue or Wed, just stick to 1 day please so that we can plan our raids accordingly.

I truly understand the complexity of patching and that sometimes delays can happen, but think about the community of paying customers when you decide to deploy a patch, is this a patch that could of waited until next Tuesday for example.

On July 10th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher, will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.2.2 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday July 10th, 2013

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 7AM (2PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

PLEASE

For the love of god. can you guys decide which night is the "Scheduled" maintenance night. "Tuesday" or "Wednesday"? (Australian locale) - Many guilds schedule their raids on a Wednesday (Day after weekly server reset)

Many of us have lives outside of swtor and plan raids around our lifestyle for a healthy game\life balance. Many guilds lose out on a full week of raiding every time you guys chop and change the scheduled patch day. I don't really care if it is Tue or Wed, just stick to 1 day please so that we can plan our raids accordingly.

I truly understand the complexity of patching and that sometimes delays can happen, but think about the community of paying customers when you decide to deploy a patch, is this a patch that could of waited until next Tuesday for example.

They are usually on Tuesdays, used to be at least. Then free to play hit and it used to be the cartel gamble packs added on the Wednesday unless they could add it to the Tuesday patch, then all went to... whatever.

In this case I was hoping for a Tuesday one because I have the Wednesday off. Consistency would really be appreciated here, can we have it simply back on Tuesdays? Not counting emergency patches... if they really are emergencies.

I hope it's actually a 2 hour one but they just say 4 hours in case there are delays, but I doubt that as it'd be a first for them. And why can't it be on the launcher yet, it doesn't hurt to put it on there 24 hours in advance, usually you do less than 12, or at least after I make my last log in the day before.

Edited by Lyshar

PLEASE

I LOVE YOU! :jawa_tongue:

i hope they fixed the cathar's fur color slider, im tired of my character looking so white when its supposed to have orange fur. also the bug where a companion cancel a crew skill mission to spawn when you exit a speeder should be fixed asap, or we'll read some more angry topic's after the patch >_>

PLEASE

You do understand that last Thursday was a major holiday here in the US, and because of that, they likely took Friday off as well?

Meaning - any development and testing (giggle) that goes into the patch that would normally be done on Friday had to be done on Monday, and then fixes applied Tuesday for a Wednesday patch?

You do understand that last Thursday was a major holiday here in the US, and because of that, they likely took Friday off as well?

Meaning - any development and testing (giggle) that goes into the patch that would normally be done on Friday had to be done on Monday, and then fixes applied Tuesday for a Wednesday patch?

Yeah, everyone understands that and everyone also understands that their patch days have been irregular more than just this time. Players want to be able to count on which day is patch day for raiding, days off work, etc. It is by no means an unreasonable request. WoW has done it forever, it isn't difficult.

Suspecting cartel market. Can't wait for it. And it's probably gonna be the same disappointment with the assortment of armor as usual. T_T

Meanwhile those of us who look forward to the CM jump for joy and hope we don.t get another "Turncoat Armor". >_>

So? Was the public holiday a spur of the moment thing? No, there is no reason they could not have had things prepared in advance.

Are we going to see a fix for the codex entries having their last line cut off if the entry is too long?

When are droid companions (Namely T7 and M1, as I haven't observed it with others) going to actually move in some cutscenes again? They just warp to locations when the camera angle changes, and do not move/fidget around idly when standing in those cutscenes.

When are companion armor color matching and helmet display on/off going to apply in cutscenes as well? Also being able to select conversation option 3 when the UI is disabled? I can't count the number of times I haven't be able to record cutscenes because of this :rak_01:

Edited by Desmond_Vectom
Adding more content

I really don't get why it's still not on the launcher that should be done at least 24 hours ahead of time, you don't want to tell people you're taking the servers down ahead of time? Another very recent dev post even mentions that less than 5% of subscriber (not even mentioning your valued free players, which I expect has an even lower percentage) check the website.

Not that you can blame the players as you're trying to push everyone to Facedesk-Book again, which was not taken kindly the first time and people still don't like it that when maintenance is extended that's the only place to stay up to date, not even the launcher is updated most of the time.