Hk-51

migzmando

Hello, i will be playing a Jedi Knight on the Ebon Hawk server. I am wondering what the best way to gear him would be starting at level 1? I'm going to purchase him through legacy and I want to get him well geared ASAP. Also, I am a little confused at his stats, as it seems he uses aim, and cunning. Can anyone provide insight as to which stats might be best for him? Thank you in advance.

You should recieve gear fitting him through mail. Also, feel free to tell me your toon's name! I'm a heavy RP-er, and have been trying to make a few toons on Ebon Hawk lately. (I switched from Jung Ma, not a fan of the PvP-part. I'm not back on my origin server, Ebon Hawk.)

It's not level 1 gear you get in the mail it is level 50 so it won't help you at all at level 1. Since the Knight gets a droid companion already anyway you will see driod parts as quest rewards which will help you a lot. Outside of that the GTN is your friend though driod parts can get expensive.

Unless I'm wrong, you can't buy him unless you've run the quest to obtain him at least once?

Or have I missed something?

You run the quest to get him at least once, you are correct. My level 50 sniper did that so I can unlock him via legacy on my alts now. :)

Unless I'm wrong, you can't buy him unless you've run the quest to obtain him at least once?

Or have I missed something?

Correct.

Need one 50 to actually run the quest before you can unlock on alts via Legacy.

Hk has 2 main stats as you noticed; aim & cunning. At higher levels, to avoid diminishing returns, you would want to keep these equal, but at lower levels I would think either would be fine. The best bet would be to gather orange droid parts and assemble him over the first 15 levels or so. I don't think there is going to be a way to fully outfit him before that. I dumped my ceybertech long ago so I don't remember the levels for crafting various droid parts.

I just got HK-51 for my level 7 alt. When I entered a fight with him, after the fight, he had the red broken armor looking icon flashing over his bars stating that he does not meet the requirements for the level 50 equipment he came geared with. I was hoping that it would just scale down, and increase as you level, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

I just got HK-51 for my level 7 alt. When I entered a fight with him, after the fight, he had the red broken armor looking icon flashing over his bars stating that he does not meet the requirements for the level 50 equipment he came geared with. I was hoping that it would just scale down, and increase as you level, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

it will say that and it does scale, i have it on my 19 merc and it increases stat's as you level even though the gear stats them self stay same the stat on the droid does not (DR or something similar i guess)

it will say that and it does scale, i have it on my 19 merc and it increases stat's as you level even though the gear stats them self stay same the stat on the droid does not (DR or something similar i guess)

Awesome! Thank you very much for this information. :)

This is completely wrong.

His base stats increase when he levels, just like it does for every character. He is getting zero benefit from his gear. You can test this by removing his gear and seeing that it does not change his stats. Note that you won't be able to reequip it until level 50, so you will need to bank it.

You also cannot simply replace the mods. The shells alone have a level 50 requirement. I tested this myself last night on my 14 Operative.

Some classes have a droid companion anyway and will get gear through quests starting after the world the unlock that companion.

(Knights from the start, Troopers later, Agents really really late)

If you get HK earlier than that, or on a class with no droid (ie Consular), you will need to either buy or craft gear. The crafted gear with moddable slots all has base level requirements, starting at level 12, then 16, 24, and 30. It can wear 2 of each type (2 Parts, 2 Motors, etc), so you should be nearly kitted out by level 30.

He uses Sniper rifles, and there are Orange rifles for cheap on the GTN with a requirement of level 1. His offhand is a vibroknife, and those are cheap on the GTN as well, with orange ones eventually available.

He uses both Aim and Cunning. Avoid gear with Defense, Shield, or Absorb since he is not a tank and can't use shields.

You can just throw T7's/C2's parts on him as they're handed out as mission rewards.

Ehhh... both characters and companions naturally gain stats as they level. The increase in stats you've noticed are just that, increase in stats, it does not come from the gear. The gear contributes absolutely nothing as long as it's "unequippable".

Edited by Pscyon

You can just throw T7's/C2's parts on him as they're handed out as mission rewards.

Ehhh... both characters and companions naturally gain stats as they level. The increase in stats you've noticed are just that, increase in stats, it does not come from the gear. The gear contributes absolutely nothing as long as it's "unequippable".

hmmmm dont seem like that to me ill try it out this weekend disliking the merc at them moment... sorry for the miss information ill do some more homework next time (more than i did this time)

• 1 month later...
Hello there Star Wars fans - I have a question. I'm going through the HK quest for the first time as a Jedi Sentinel. The only piece I have left to get is the one from the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. A guild mate had mentioned that the only way to get this piece is to play as a Imperial character and mail it back to my main. This is information can't be accurate, can it? Please advise, and my the Force be with you.

Hello there Star Wars fans - I have a question. I'm going through the HK quest for the first time as a Jedi Sentinel. The only piece I have left to get is the one from the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. A guild mate had mentioned that the only way to get this piece is to play as a Imperial character and mail it back to my main. This is information can't be accurate, can it? Please advise, and my the Force be with you.

It's only partly true...

You will need a level 15 or so alternate Imperial, mail him/her the scanner to find it in DK, then once you do find it, mail the part and the scanner back to your Republic main.

Legacy ftw!:D

I may be wrong but I thought the part just shows up for your main character after you obtain it from the Lower Level alt you made on the opposite faction. At least I do not remember mailing the part back to my main and my main does have it. I could have just been tired and forgot mailing it, but I seriously do not remember doing so. :p

It's only partly true...

You will need a level 15 or so alternate Imperial, mail him/her the scanner to find it in DK, then once you do find it, mail the part and the scanner back to your Republic main.

Legacy ftw!:D

Hey there - thanks for the reply. I was able to pick up my HK since posting my question but thank you for taking the time to let me know the process. Cheers!