Non-butchered HEROIC missions?

I've been doing every mission including heroics on each planet playing my consular, and right now am finishing up Corellia (just a few final quests remain). I don't remember a single heroic which didn't autocomplete, none of them required to return and speak to someone. I'd much like this auto-complete to be optional, as well, just like the quick transport to heroic site.

I've been doing every mission including heroics on each planet playing my consular, and right now am finishing up Corellia (just a few final quests remain). I don't remember a single heroic which didn't autocomplete, none of them required to return and speak to someone. I'd much like this auto-complete to be optional, as well, just like the quick transport to heroic site.

Even "Fall of Locust"? I ask about this one because the ending conversation is within the instance. You don't have to go anywhere to turn it in.

I'm also curious about "Red Handed" on Alderaan for the Panteers. It's not instanced, but it's just so stupid to have dialog that references NPCs that are no longer even present. So I guess you just take a recordings and keep them for yourself... It's so sloppy and heavy handed what they did. Bioware should be ashamed.

Edited by Dayshadow

Even "Fall of Locust"? I ask about this one because the ending conversation is within the instance. You don't have to go anywhere to turn it in.

I'm also curious about "Red Handed" on Alderaan for the Panteers. It's not instanced, but it's just so stupid to have dialog that references NPCs that are no longer even present. So I guess you just take a recordings and keep them for yourself... It's so sloppy and heavy handed what they did. Bioware should be ashamed.

Hey, at least they finally rescued poor Travi Pott and her eight fingers. It only took them four years to do it.

Something - or someone - at Bioware went out of control when removing all of this stuff.

It's like ... actually kicking us into level 65 ... not only were they removing ALL barriers that kept players from super-fast levelling, but they are also pushing us into level 65 ... They don't care whether we wnt to get pushed or not ...

It's like ... removing the stairs you have to climb up in an old, ancient church or castle tower - with an elevator.

Totally destroying the actual experience of having to climb high on these stairs.

A thing that people did - in my example - hundreds of years before us.

There just is no feeling of an achievement anymore. It's just "hush, hush, go on, don't stop, there's nothing to see here, go on, pass by immediately !"

Sometimes, "modern times" just sucks. And destroys too much.

Something - or someone - at Bioware went out of control when removing all of this stuff.

It's like ... actually kicking us into level 65 ... not only were they removing ALL barriers that kept players from super-fast levelling, but they are also pushing us into level 65 ... They don't care whether we wnt to get pushed or not ...

It's like ... removing the stairs you have to climb up in an old, ancient church or castle tower - with an elevator.

Totally destroying the actual experience of having to climb high on these stairs.

A thing that people did - in my example - hundreds of years before us.

There just is no feeling of an achievement anymore. It's just "hush, hush, go on, don't stop, there's nothing to see here, go on, pass by immediately !"

Sometimes, "modern times" just sucks. And destroys too much.

When I heard they were getting rid of the HEROIC 4 I was like, "Great. Now I can do those quests I was never able to". But of course they had to ruin it. So there is content that I cannot see, but still exists and is voice acted. You should have to have complete at least one class story per empire to unlock any experience boost. I understand veteran players moving quickly though old content they've done, but new players being encouraged to skip content and rush to the end?

I have never heard of an MMO practically trying to force people to endgame. It makes no sense if you actually want to hold subscribers for longer. The only reason I see to subscribe is if you are a PvP nut. If you're not really into PvPing all day what's the point? You reach endgame faster than ever and then... wait??? Pay a monthly sub for 30 minutes of single player gameplay every other month or so? The last thing you'd think they'd want is to have people ignore the wealth of content they'd already established.

Edited by Dayshadow

I have never heard of an MMO practically trying to force people to endgame. It makes no sense if you actually want to hold subscribers for longer.

Yes, this is what actually riddles me - because the longer people stay within the game, the longer the income for Bioware is - or for EA, in that case.

Means that - people should watch cutscenes, because it makes them stay within the game longer - I'm argueing solely from an business point now.

But now - they push players into end game as fast as possible.

Someone there is obvioulsly a lover of Action-RPGs, where there just is NO other content within the game apart from combat. Blizzard established an perfect role model for that with D" : No social interaction at all. Nothing but combat, loot, selling, buying. And this model has been so much driven into the ground no-one can escape it anymore. Games which go astray from that path will fail - or so"the industry" believes. Just look at Divinity : Original Sin ... Oh, wait ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 3 years later...

Sorry about necroing this thread, but I feel strongly towards this subject. I am no expert, but I doubt it will be that hard to let players choose if they want to auto-complete a heroic or finish it the regular way.

I also realize asking for this to be implemented is gonna fall on deaf ears, as there's a ton of such seemingly easy to fix little thingies that have been ignored for years. But hey, hope dies last.

Wait, does this mean that heroic missions used to have ending scenes like regular missions? (I only started playing last fall.) I was doing some on Balmorra the other day and was wondering why they felt incomplete and lacking resolution. If they really used to have endings which were then removed, that is incredibly frustrating. I would gladly go back and turn stuff in if it made for a better story experience :/

• 2 weeks later...