Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

IamtherealKyle
12.18.2019 , 12:16 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
If you're in a situation where cleave is actually warranted, then yes. But if you're using that all the time in ranked, most of your damage will just be meaningless fluff. Stormwatch is obviously superior for single target, which is much more commonly useful.
double chain lightning provides more damage, utility and mobility than the other garbage tacticals

if u think otherwise idk what to tell you

Sertar
12.18.2019 , 12:20 AM | #42
Not saying it doesn't have its place in certain situations. But I've done 12k a few times so far with stormwatch, virtually all single target. That's generally more valuable.
Don't forget that the Volt Rush + 2nd Chain Lightning is all instant so you're super mobile and it also means another root for the enemie(s) + affliction refresh.

I don't say it's always strictly better than Stormwatch like the other guy here, but I generally prefer Ele. Conv. for mentioned reasons aswell. It's more than just a damage boost.

IamtherealKyle
12.18.2019 , 12:22 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
Don't forget that the Volt Rush + 2nd Chain Lightning is all instant so you're super mobile and it also means another root for the enemie(s) + affliction refresh.

I don't say it's always strictly better than Stormwatch like the other guy here, but I generally prefer Ele. Conv. for mentioned reasons aswell. It's more than just a damage boost.
it is always better. im right and ur wrong

septru
12.18.2019 , 10:51 AM | #44
Not saying it doesn't have its place in certain situations. But I've done 12k a few times so far with stormwatch, virtually all single target. That's generally more valuable.
Stormwatch is a really good single target tactical. I would swap it on if you have no cleave in your match. But otherwise Ele Con is your go-to. The other thing you have to realize is that chain lightning spam will keep your enemies in a constant root and slow. It is the one of the most obnoxious thing to play against.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

TrixxieTriss
12.18.2019 , 06:57 PM | #45
Let’s simplify this :

For single target situations I want storm watch build

For multi target situations I want the volt rush build

Until I can afford to get the new, higher end augments (I’m only using 228), what GCD should I aim for?
1.4 or 1.3? Without sacrificing too much damage or survivability.

IamtherealKyle
12.18.2019 , 07:13 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Let’s simplify this :

For single target situations I want storm watch build

For multi target situations I want the volt rush build

Until I can afford to get the new, higher end augments (I’m only using 228), what GCD should I aim for?
1.4 or 1.3? Without sacrificing too much damage or survivability.
stop listening to the clowns

elemental convention is just more damage overall whether you are doing single target or aoeing

1 tactical requires u to cast too much while the other all ur damage is instant so unless ur afk, pve parsing on a dummy or ur one of those wannabe idiots that think pressing cc on a healer and not breaking it takes skill there is no reason to take stormwatch ever

go high alacrity on lightning and if ur really nerdy about it i forgot the exact number if you go a little bit above the 1.3gcd cap you get the most of out polarity

so let's say high alacrity is 10.385% for lightning if u go 11% i think u benefit more from polarity im sure u can find some nerdy post on the forums that explain this in detail but that's the gist of it

JediMasterAlex
12.18.2019 , 08:44 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by IamtherealKyle View Post
stop listening to the clowns

elemental convention is just more damage overall whether you are doing single target or aoeing

1 tactical requires u to cast too much while the other all ur damage is instant so unless ur afk, pve parsing on a dummy or ur one of those wannabe idiots that think pressing cc on a healer and not breaking it takes skill there is no reason to take stormwatch ever

go high alacrity on lightning and if ur really nerdy about it i forgot the exact number if you go a little bit above the 1.3gcd cap you get the most of out polarity

so let's say high alacrity is 10.385% for lightning if u go 11% i think u benefit more from polarity im sure u can find some nerdy post on the forums that explain this in detail but that's the gist of it
You're just wrong. Elemental convection pales in comparison to stormwatch in single target situations. You're just making **** up.

IamtherealKyle
12.18.2019 , 09:07 PM | #48
You're just wrong. Elemental convection pales in comparison to stormwatch in single target situations. You're just making **** up.
i love it when forum warriors that have never actually done arenas in their lives tell me i'm wrong

buddy no one cares about the damage you do w/ stormwatch when you are parsing on a warzone dummy doing a full rotation with no one on you
elemental convention is more versatile and better in every way when it comes to pvp, get over it

"making **** up" btw https://i.imgur.com/MNJNzaj.png

JediMasterAlex
12.18.2019 , 09:22 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by IamtherealKyle View Post
i love it when forum warriors that have never actually done arenas in their lives tell me i'm wrong

buddy no one cares about the damage you do w/ stormwatch when you are parsing on a warzone dummy doing a full rotation with no one on you
elemental convention is more versatile and better in every way when it comes to pvp, get over it

"making **** up" btw https://i.imgur.com/vyUTF1y.png
This is laughably ignorant on so many levels rofl. Don't let me stop you from getting that big bronze flair in season 12 I guess.

IamtherealKyle
12.18.2019 , 09:33 PM | #50
This is laughably ignorant on so many levels rofl. Don't let me stop you from getting that big bronze flair in season 12 I guess.
imaging calling someone ignorant and then using a flair in a dead game in 2019 as an insult LOL!

#ratingmattersin2019

digging urself into a deeper hole, stick to being a forum warrior and playing regs dude