Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

JediRios

I agree that there are good reasons for her death. However, I believe Ahsoka's death would be too soon, and would send Anakin nuts way too early.

Look at Season 4, Episodes 15 and 16, when Obi-Wan fakes his death. Anakin goes on a rampage, force choking people, etc. in order to get revenge. He is prevented from this vengeful killing only when he realizes that Obi is still alive.

Do you think Ahsoka would be any different? Anakin would lose it all over again, but this time he wouldn't stop until he had struck down the one responsible. If he's already done this, why would killing Dooku seem like such a huge hurdle in Episode 3? Anakin can't take that plunge to the dark side too soon. Sidious is very careful in his timing.

Again, I agree that there are valid reasons for Ahsoka to die. I'm just trying to make a fair case for the opposite. Like Filoni has said, nothing is set in stone as of yet.

If Ahsoka does die, it should be near the end of the series. The best time would probably be the finale so that Anakin doesn't have time to rampage. He'll have to get to Coruscant ASAP.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say this for the last time. Ahsoka Tano must MUST die. Not because of some personal bias on my part, but because of the plot of the whole prequels.

Look at this from the manipulators perspective. Everything that has happened has driven Anakin closer to the Dark Side. Shmi's death, sowing distrust in the Jedi Council, manipulating him with Dark secrets, and finally the visions of Padme's death. Now there are far more, but these are the obvious ones.

Now from his perspective, what is going to drive Anakin further down the path? Ahsoka's death. But this has to be carefully planned. The result of some catastrophie that will force Anakin to look himself in the mirror and ask himself the big questions. Can he protect those he loves? Does he have the power to do so? Ahsoka's death will set him down the path of power and the all consuming desire for more. This also adds to his drive for more power when the visions of Padme begin.

There are plenty of reasons for her to die. If need be I can name many of them, but if you look at this from Sidious' perspective you can see that Ahsoka's death will benefit his plan greatly.

You could say the same thing about Obi wan ,WHO would make Anakin fall alot faster and harder then taking Ahsoka out.

You could say the same thing about Obi wan ,WHO would make Anakin fall alot faster and harder then taking Ahsoka out.

Obi-Wan was taken out of the picture by the jedi Council. He was sent to fight Grievous which basically cut Anakin off from his master. There was really no one on Coruscant that Anakin could turn to excpet palpatine and Padme. Padme's dying so he confided in Palpatine. All part of the plan. And Obi-Wan needed to be kept alive so that a final battle between the two would prove if Anakin was truly Sith.

Obi-Wan was taken out of the picture by the jedi Council. He was sent to fight Grievous which basically cut Anakin off from his master. There was really no one on Coruscant that Anakin could turn to excpet palpatine and Padme. Padme's dying so he confided in Palpatine. All part of the plan. And Obi-Wan needed to be kept alive so that a final battle between the two would prove if Anakin was truly Sith.

It wasnt part of the plan for Anakin to face Obi wan. Even Palpatine said he senses lord vader may be in trouble. Obiwan only persued Anakin because of Yodas orders. Obi wan could have been taken out as his connection to Anakin is alot stronger then Anakins connection to Ahsoka. Even in TCW Ahsoka is distancing herself from Anakin and Obi wan,doing more things on her own.

The council sending Obi wan on his own mission did allow Palpatine some leeway to put thoughts in Anakins mind unhindered,but I dont believe it was part of Palps plan,just a good chance to take advantage of.

Edited by Vepariga

It wasnt part of the plan for Anakin to face Obi wan. Even Palpatine said he senses lord vader may be in trouble. Obiwan only persued Anakin because of Yodas orders. Obi wan could have been taken out as his connection to Anakin is alot stronger then Anakins connection to Ahsoka. Even in TCW Ahsoka is distancing herself from Anakin and Obi wan,doing more things on her own.

The council sending Obi wan on his own mission did allow Palpatine some leeway to put thoughts in Anakins mind unhindered,but I dont believe it was part of Palps plan,just a good chance to take advantage of.

The Sith tradition has always involved the death of a master for the apprentice to rise. Killing Obi-Wan would have proven himself as a true Sith Lord. Even though he failed, he still had his uses. A confrontation between the two was inevitable, Sidious had foreseen it. But he had thought Vader would be able to defeat Obi-Wan. When he sensed trouble, he departed for Mustafar to make sure the Chosen One was still alive. It pays to have one of the most powerful beings ever on your side.

Yes. Palpatine could have had Kenobi taken out. But as stated above, Anakin needed to overcome his master in order to fully embrace the Dark Side. And Kenobi is not easily defeated. That's what Dooku was for. The battle on the Invisible Hand was meant for Dooku to kill Obi-Wan and make Anakin fall to the Dark Side. That's why Palpatine was like "Leave him or we'll never make it!" So since Dooku failed, he decided to let his future apprentice do it as a test.

No. If she is mature enough to lead her own campiagns she doesnt need to be mentioned. I'm sure you dont mention your friends names in everything you do.

The scenes in ROTS had no place or time for a mention on Ahsoka anyway.

Lol wrong, not a friend, a student of a Jedi KNIGHT who happens to be the main character of the entire film series, for something like that, you make the time, and find a place, or you leave the stupid Padawan/cheerleader character out of the story completely.

They have made Anakin's inability to let go of loved ones very obvious, to see Ahsoka go off to do her own thing would have no bearing on his character and she would be useless to the SW plot as a whole, but if she died i can tell you that would be very traumatic for Anakin and would help cement his decent into darkness.

I'm going to say this for the last time. Ahsoka Tano must MUST die. Not because of some personal bias on my part, but because of the plot of the whole prequels.

Look at this from the manipulators perspective. Everything that has happened has driven Anakin closer to the Dark Side. Shmi's death, sowing distrust in the Jedi Council, manipulating him with Dark secrets, and finally the visions of Padme's death. Now there are far more, but these are the obvious ones.

Now from his perspective, what is going to drive Anakin further down the path? Ahsoka's death. But this has to be carefully planned. The result of some catastrophie that will force Anakin to look himself in the mirror and ask himself the big questions. Can he protect those he loves? Does he have the power to do so? Ahsoka's death will set him down the path of power and the all consuming desire for more. This also adds to his drive for more power when the visions of Padme begin.

There are plenty of reasons for her to die. If need be I can name many of them, but if you look at this from Sidious' perspective you can see that Ahsoka's death will benefit his plan greatly.

I disagree that she has to die in CTW series. Simply put, at the opening of ROTS when Obi Wan and Anakin are flying over Coruscant, because Ahsoka is not a good pilot she could have been sent to another planet to lead troops. This can be shown in the series finale of CTW. She is THEN killed by order 66. They only showed a handful of Jedi dying in that montage, there are literally hundreds of Jedi not shown. Did they ALL live? No, all but a handful were killed. Ahsoka was one of those killed and not shown. At that point, Anakin no longer cares about her anyway. DONE!

I disagree that she has to die in CTW series. Simply put, at the opening of ROTS when Obi Wan and Anakin are flying over Coruscant, because Ahsoka is not a good pilot she could have been sent to another planet to lead troops. This can be shown in the series finale of CTW. She is THEN killed by order 66. They only showed a handful of Jedi dying in that montage, there are literally hundreds of Jedi not shown. Did they ALL live? No, all but a handful were killed. Ahsoka was one of those killed and not shown. At that point, Anakin no longer cares about her anyway. DONE!

I don't think you understand exactly what lengths Palpatine was willing to go to keep Anakin going down the path to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would push Anakin further down that path. This would also explain his desire for the ability to save people from death besides the death of his mother.

Dying in Order 66 would be fine, but she is close to Anakin and her death would serve the purpose that the Prequel Trilogy set forth- the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

I don't think you understand exactly what lengths Palpatine was willing to go to keep Anakin going down the path to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would push Anakin further down that path. This would also explain his desire for the ability to save people from death besides the death of his mother.

Dying in Order 66 would be fine, but she is close to Anakin and her death would serve the purpose that the Prequel Trilogy set forth- the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

I don't think that you understand the FACT that TCW is a kids TV show and killing off a primary character is most likely not gonna happen. Think about the season premier last week. The jedi who was killed was a nobody and they did not show her in the process of being killed (they focused on Maul's face), and they never showed her body (they focused on Obi Wan's face). Do you REALLY think the writers and animators could write a scene where Ahsoka is visibly killed in front of Anakin and for all viewers to witness? I think not.

I don't think that you understand the FACT that TCW is a kids TV show and killing off a primary character is most likely not gonna happen. Think about the season premier last week. The jedi who was killed was a nobody and they did not show her in the process of being killed (they focused on Maul's face), and they never showed her body (they focused on Obi Wan's face). Do you REALLY think the writers and animators could write a scene where Ahsoka is visibly killed in front of Anakin and for all viewers to witness? I think not.

I don't care if it is a kids show. We have seen primary characters get killed off in plenty TV shows. They would do a disservice to the PT if they kept Ahsoka alive. I don't think you understand the scope of the Grand Plan. One of the plan's primary objectives was to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would help in that matter and it would provide much more incentive for Anakin to seek the ability to save people from death.

I don't care if it is a kids show. We have seen primary characters get killed off in plenty TV shows. They would do a disservice to the PT if they kept Ahsoka alive. I don't think you understand the scope of the Grand Plan. One of the plan's primary objectives was to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would help in that matter and it would provide much more incentive for Anakin to seek the ability to save people from death.

I disagree.

I highly doubt we will see her death. It is in fact a kids and they already borderline with some scenes. For example them having take off some of Ventress's executions. They most likely will continue it in a novel or comic.

EDIT: I fixed my mistake...

Edited by BrandonSM

I disagree.

I highly doubt we will see her death. It is in fact a kids and they already borderline with some scenes. For example them having take off some of Ventress's executions. They most likely will continue it in a novel or comic.

EDIT: I fixed my mistake...

I understand that it's a kids show. I'm not saying that the death should be graphic or anything like that. But I am saying that it would further the Prequels purpose and explain certain things about Anakin's demeanor.

This is just my opinion. While my logic is sound, I don't see her death happening. Don't want to damage the feelings of those poor kids.

unfortunately Lucas has decreed it canon and it is actual considered by LL to be higher canon than all the EU novels, comics and games so no SW authors are allowed to contradict it (they made a new canon level called T canon for the series which is now above C (the EU) and right below G (the movies)) ... there is even talk about them retconing a brand new timeline for the clone wars era once the series is almost over to fix the few continuity errors

hell the last EU novel series even referenced an episode of the Clone wars series... the main villain Abaloth was tied into the Father, daughter and Son from the Clone Wars series...

I'm ok with the series in general except for one thing... and that is *********** Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... seriously *** I really wanna know how Obi-wan is gonna explain that one to Qui-gon's force ghost

Well, if Obi-Wan checked to make sure Maul was dead we wouldn't have that problem now would we? Personally, I like Maul added to TCW because he adds more menace to the series. Maul and Savage have done more with their lightsabers then dooku, asajj, and palpatine combined.

I understand that it's a kids show. I'm not saying that the death should be graphic or anything like that. But I am saying that it would further the Prequels purpose and explain certain things about Anakin's demeanor.

This is just my opinion. While my logic is sound, I don't see her death happening. Don't want to damage the feelings of those poor kids.

See now if this was the 90s, kids wouldn't really be bothered as much for characters dying since shows did show that. For example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcChyV6o4&feature=player_detailpage#t=11s

Just outright did it, and Dan was a supporting character in the show and appeared multiple times in various episodes he was likeable and people liked him and here they just ouright killed him.

See now if this was the 90s, kids wouldn't really be bothered as much for characters dying since shows did show that. For example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcChyV6o4&feature=player_detailpage#t=11s

Just outright did it, and Dan was a supporting character in the show and appeared multiple times in various episodes he was likeable and people liked him and here they just ouright killed him.

We could get into a discussion about this sort of thing, but I fear it would cause infractions so I'm just going to say that killing Ahsoka wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But it won't happen because it's a kids show. If this were the '90's or even just like 10 years ago her death would not be out of the question. I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't think they have decided yet why she is not around anymore when episode III takes place. Maybe they might not decide that at all during the run of the show, because as long as people watch it they make more seasons and for that reason keep her around, and keeping her around might actually help that the show continues (despite that some might not like her, for others, especially female viewers, she might be the main reason to watch it). So, it might be something we will read on day in a comic or novel, or in a last season when they have decided not to continuethe show, but only if they know that while making the last season and do not decide that after seeing how few people keep watching.

• 3 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about this.

First to get things out of the way, I love Ahsoka. She's turned into quite the little bad *** and she's a good partner for Anakin.

There are 2 ways this could go, and both are equally good to me.

1. She dies. Palpatine has her killed and frames the jedi. Potentially even having Anakin be the one that kills her. I like this scenario a lot because it would further cement Anakin's story line and personality tendencies. This would also be awesome because it would reinforce the idea that this isn't just some kids show. They're already pushing the boundaries quite a bit as of season 4, there is some seriously dark and demented material there. Much much MUCH darker than any of the movies. This would be a major shock and a HUGE cliffhanger to end a season on. It would be great for the show.

2. She doesn't die. She becomes a Knight and is sent off to do some other business during Episode III. Order 66 is executed but she overcomes the clones and escapes into exile. While there she forms a resistance with some of the other exiled jedi and a spin-off show is formed. She would have to struggle with having her previous master and good friend coming to hunt her and her allies. That would make a great plot line for another animated series, lots of potential for character growth. We could also hope to meet Galen Marak and tie in his story since it was so great in the Force Unleashed and helped explain how the rebellion was formed.

So yeah, I'm torn on what I'd like to happen to her.