STO is going to Xbox One and PS4

CKNORTH

As far as ground combat it's a horrible game, space combat is actually pretty good. I still play it when they release something new. I will admit though, I do like Q's Winter Wonderland ground stuff during the winter; kinda fun.

I saw that STO was coming to Xbone and PS4 and admittedly my reaction was "this isn't going to end well". I think it's a bad idea.

ESO works pretty well on consoles - I play that on xbox one and it's a solid game. Aside from relying entirely on voice chat it's also fairly identical to the PC game, and tbh the voice chat is done well enough that it isn't a problem (imo).

Personally I won't buy sto, and if the sub model is more restrictive than eso (wouldn't be hard) I don't see it doing well.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

ESO works pretty well on consoles - I play that on xbox one and it's a solid game. Aside from relying entirely on voice chat it's also fairly identical to the PC game, and tbh the voice chat is done well enough that it isn't a problem (imo).

Personally I won't buy sto, and if the sub model is more restrictive than eso (wouldn't be hard) I don't see it doing well.

Don't think Ark owns ESO, however with STO you don't really need a subscription to enjoy All the PVE, they have a market to convert 7000 refined dilithium per day into ZEN, their store currency, and they have a credit cap of 500k but you can purchase the cap unlock with 500 Zen to acquire the 1Billion limit which everyone has including subscribers.

I really enjoy their space combat. But like someone else said their ground combat is a bit meh.

ESO was made for consoles then ported to the PC

ESO free (well.. buy to play, but the non subscriber version) is pretty decent actualy. sure you have to buy DLC's separately, but other then that content is completely unrestricted. moreover - you get the same amount of crowns per month for subscribing as you do if you just bought $15 worth and at the moment aside from DLC acess as long as you subscribe, the only perk is 10% added experience and gold acquisition. now, once new DLC comes out - subscription becomes a little more attractive due to crafting material bag being available to subscribers only, but even then its not even remotely as restrictive as SWTOR

that said, imo the biggest problem with MMO's on xbox or playstation is that you have to buy xbox gold or playstation plus to even be able to play. just internet connection is not enough.

They're also finally removing veteran ranks at the end of the month, and replacing them entirely with champion points which are earned across account. Will make alts a lot more feasible now that you don't need to spend 80-90 hours after hitting endgame just to use the best gear - 160 champion points in your account will essentially make all of your chars vet 16 now.

Also I like ESO's model as well - I only really care about pvp, so I bought imperial city DLC and ignored everything else without paying the subscription and it works out well for me.

"...however with STO you don't really need a subscription to enjoy All the PVE, they have a market to convert 7000 refined dilithium per day into ZEN, their store currency..."

Yes theoretically this game is free but to achieve something like for example min/max several k of dps you have to grind energy credits or pay real $ to gain power...it's fully p2w game/or eternal boring grindfest.

There are no real roles in their pve...dps is king and pvp was killed by devs long ago, many players ragequit this game...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes theoretically this game is free but to achieve something like for example min/max several k of dps you have to grind energy credits or pay real $ to gain power...it's fully p2w game/or eternal boring grindfest.

There are no real roles in their pve...dps is king and pvp was killed by devs long ago, many players ragequit this game...

I like the story as ironic as that sounds, plus they have a lot of cool daily missions... In all I am happy just playing a few daily missions and some story content. I am not a max grinding type player, more so like the ships looks, and overal messing around. My hardcore days died in EQ over ten years ago thank god!

Edited by CKNORTH

• 4 weeks later...
Final Fantasy A realm reborn works on consoles too as well as ESO. Also Star Trek online coming to PS4 And Xbox One later this year with controller support so if they can map keyboard and mouse to gamepad, pretty sure you could with SWTOR. Then like Final Fantasy you just redeem any time codes or subscriptions online. More consoles more subscribers more money. Edited by UchihaJediKai

• 2 weeks later...
Console gaming is already a joke

pretty much, I got the Steam OS console and their are few games it will run because its Linux based.. I hope more games cross platform to it after all there is a billion games on steam. :(