Its not lag

Fiqh

What is this thing Im seeing in wz. On occassion, usually at a crucial moment in the match like Im about to kill a player or a nodes being capped or someone's about to score, I'll see someone on the opposing team and sometimes on my own team start running in place then fly across the room. Some times through floors and walls. ITS NOT LAG. I cant emphasize this enough. I check my internet connection and my frame rate. Everything all good there. I find it peculiar because of the timing and the fact no one else on my screen is doing it. And its usually repeatedly the same player. What is this.

What is this thing Im seeing in wz. On occassion, usually at a crucial moment in the match like Im about to kill a player or a nodes being capped or someone's about to score, I'll see someone on the opposing team and sometimes on my own team start running in place then fly across the room. Some times through floors and walls. ITS NOT LAG. I cant emphasize this enough. I check my internet connection and my frame rate. Everything all good there. I find it peculiar because of the timing and the fact no one else on my screen is doing it. And its usually repeatedly the same player. What is this.

Sounds like the Devs are learning to pvp

Desync

If it’s in Hutt ball, it could be one of 100 things doing it. From dysnc to actually player exploiting. It could be neither and just crappy server connections from the IPS back bones of a litany of people. All it could be every single thing all at once.

The problem is, HB maps are so F’d up with so many technical problems that you would have a hard time identifying what the hell it is and that’s why I don’t play HB anymore. The experience is so bad that I’d rather chew razor blades than try and stick through a match when I see sh*t like that happening.

This is the worst when dealing with huttball carriers, ugh.

Hutt ball displays the worst for every problem in pvp. It “turbo charges” all the issues and they stand out so much that blind Freddy can see them.

So there really is no excuse or reason that Bioware can’t see them too. By now, it’s got to be apparent to everyone that Bioware know about all the problems (how could they not), but literally don’t give a sh*t about fixing the problems.

How do I know they don’t give a sh*t? Because Eric and co did a pod cast with one of their “favourite” influencer pod casters and the interviewers and Bioware guys were joking about what dysnc was. The pod casters even said they didn’t know what it was and had never seen it :rolleyes:.They basically blew it off as a bunch of pvp forum whiners :mad:

I have to say, when I heard them joking about this serious issue like it’s made up, I got extremely angry at them and wrote a message to them on their swtor reddit post to question their integrity, mental faculties and eye sight. Or if they even played pvp to look at what we were talking about,

Of course, being influencers meant my post was removed by those mods (who are also influencers and run swtor reddit). Certainly can’t have someone questioning their integrity,

Fyi, when I say “Bioware’s” favourite pod casters, I’m not using hyperbole. Musco and co actually stated it on the pod cast.

It goes to show that some of the influencers are just Bioware “yes” men. No wonder the game keeps going to sh*t if Bioware think these guys speak for the players,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I was up a sage guarding relic. He was on top of the turret then did the running man thing and was suddenly on top of the pillar. I pulled him off then he did the zig zag running in place blur thing again and was right back up there. At that point I gave up. Im like wtaf. This ish is crazy. Im suppose to assume thats latency?

*snip*

Makes you question what's needed to become influencer at this point. :rak_03:

As for Huttball, I stopped caring about the objective as it is often too much of a pain to try and keep up with all the dsync.

Most of Leviathan is playing the same now, farming stats on mid, while one or two peoples in each team just run with the ball, unhindered. :rolleyes:

Right now best gamemode is Hypergate, as it's imo the least affected by all these issues... And kills also counts toward victory. :rak_03:

Edited by supertimtaf

Makes you question what's needed to become influencer at this point. :rak_03:

As for Huttball, I stopped caring about the objective as it is often too much of a pain to try and keep up with all the dsync.

Most of Leviathan is playing the same now, farming stats on mid, while one or two peoples in each team just run with the ball, unhindered. :rolleyes:

Right now best gamemode is Hypergate, as it's imo the least affected by all these issues... And kills also counts toward victory. :rak_03:

That’s why I thought up this idea to change HB to more death ball where scoring doesn’t matter so much to win.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=972880

The lag and dsync would still be there, but it wouldn’t be as big a problem (IMO)

I was up a sage guarding relic. He was on top of the turret then did the running man thing and was suddenly on top of the pillar. I pulled him off then he did the zig zag running in place blur thing again and was right back up there. At that point I gave up. Im like wtaf. This ish is crazy. Im suppose to assume thats latency?

There is definitely some more than “normal” looking weird sh** happening in pvp matches, I’ve never seen it so bad in 8 years.

I’m not saying people are cheating or hacking. I put a bunch of it down to the new gear sets and tacticals + the extra lag and dsync that is always add to every patch/expansion. I just don’t think the system can deal with so many un-optimised changes.

Even if people are cheating, how the hell can you tell these days? Cheating would look like every other sort of sh** going on and every other sh** can look like cheating.

At least in the old days you could see someone using a teleport hack or lag switch. I don’t even think a Bioware Dev sitting on the server could tell the difference now unless they had the code running on the screen next to them. Just seeing it visually would look like bloody anything happening.

Which logically means, this game could be the perfect target for anyone who wants to cheat and get away with it because you can’t tell either way.

There is definitely some more than “normal” looking weird sh** happening in pvp matches, I’ve never seen it so bad in 8 years.

I’m not saying people are cheating or hacking. I put a bunch of it down to the new gear sets and tacticals + the extra lag and dsync that is always add to every patch/expansion. I just don’t think the system can deal with so many un-optimised changes.

Even if people are cheating, how the hell can you tell these days? Cheating would look like every other sort of sh** going on and every other sh** can look like cheating.

At least in the old days you could see someone using a teleport hack or lag switch. I don’t even think a Bioware Dev sitting on the server could tell the difference now unless they had the code running on the screen next to them. Just seeing it visually would look like bloody anything happening.

Which logically means, this game could be the perfect target for anyone who wants to cheat and get away with it because you can’t tell either way.

I see you are getting angrier and more frustrated as time goes by....

It's possible these things are just too much trouble to fix and not worth the resources as they are mostly PVP only and rarely happens in PVE. At least I in my case.

I see you are getting angrier and more frustrated as time goes by....

It's possible these things are just too much trouble to fix and not worth the resources as they are mostly PVP only and rarely happens in PVE. At least I in my case.

Yeah, I’m getting more and more frustrated with the whole game.... there really is not helping these Devs with player feed back, they don’t care one bit.