#1 Rule of forums.

JasonThDi

I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums.

Actually, I think you may want to acquaint yourself with the rules, first one being below;

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal or promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software. (See also “Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions” below).

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

:D

the problem was people posting their links and advertising it as something else, look at the dev post in this thread, it doesnt say dont link your referral it says dont spam it, no ones getting banned and no posts with properly labeled links are getting censored so your no referrals except in sigs crusade is a thing you made up yourself

The problem is that posting a referral link in a post solely to post a referral link is considered spam. It doesn't matter if you do it 10 times of just 1. It's considered spam and this is backed up by the fact that any time somebody does it, it gets deleted in short order. I don't know if actions are taken against the accounts but the topics/posts are deleted because it's considered spam. You can post it in response to somebody asking for one, I think (since it's relevant to the topic at hand and thus not spam), but beyond that it'll get deleted. It's happened numerous times including once in the past week or so.

The problem is that posting a referral link in a post solely to post a referral link is considered spam

Exactly. Just as the rules define posts of IBL/IBTL/etc. to be spam. I think "can i haz yer stuffs" and "nice necro" (with nothing more) should also be considered spam.

seriously learn to read

Seriously, learn to stop and think before you post.

Edited by branmakmuffin

seriously learn to read

the problem was people posting their links and advertising it as something else, look at the dev post quoted in this thread, it doesnt say dont link your referral it says dont spam it, no ones getting banned and no posts with properly labeled links are getting censored so your no referrals except in sigs crusade is a thing you made up yourself

I'm guessing that the mod lied to me then? I should take your word on the enterpretation of the one golden post about it over the actual word of a moderator?

I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums. You can only post your referral link if it's in a signature. If you just post it as it is, you will have an infraction placed on your account, and will not be reversed. I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong.

Incorrect, #1 rule is don't spam, link spam is just apart of that.