Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Balance Gearing for pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sage Balance Gearing for pvp?

septru
07.03.2020 , 05:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Is there much difference in the output between the higher alacrity build versus the lower alacrity build when it comes to the healing sorc spec?
Healing in PvP (at least at the high level) is more similar to healing in PvE than most people would think. Unlike a dps in PvP, as a healer you shouldn't have to worry about your target kiting you, you dont have to worry about avoiding big CDs like Undyinf Rage, etc. All of this leads to more uptime as a healer in PvP that mirrors that the uptime in PvE. This is especially true for higher mobility healers like operatives and sorcs.

Long story short, as a healer your increased uptime is conducive to a higher alacrity build, like most PvErs took in 5.0. HOWEVER, in 6.0 healers lose out on too much crit and mastery in a higher alacrity build. This is why PvE healing guides recommend the low tear of alacrity.

TLDR: Healers usually can take a higher alacrity build, but not in 6.0.
-Prum
The only real top 3 operative btw

JourrnoRush
07.03.2020 , 05:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Healing in PvP (at least at the high level) is more similar to healing in PvE than most people would think. Unlike a dps in PvP, as a healer you shouldn't have to worry about your target kiting you, you dont have to worry about avoiding big CDs like Undyinf Rage, etc. All of this leads to more uptime as a healer in PvP that mirrors that the uptime in PvE. This is especially true for higher mobility healers like operatives and sorcs.

Long story short, as a healer your increased uptime is conducive to a higher alacrity build, like most PvErs took in 5.0. HOWEVER, in 6.0 healers lose out on too much crit and mastery in a higher alacrity build. This is why PvE healing guides recommend the low tear of alacrity.

I know there are pve guides out there for building sets for PvE content.

If I am sticking with story and veteran mode, it doesn't matter that I push that mastery for pvp builds right since sm/vm content is so easy that I should be fine?

I would not do master mode unless I was extremely bored and then probably switched out my left side.
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

Lhancelot
07.04.2020 , 02:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post

Alright. Well, that will give me something to do when I got time and focus, switch out alacrity stuff and put in crit stuff. Thanks for the break down.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582