Official: Where would YOU put the next GTN?

djvapid

Okay, so they're a lot of threads out there complaining about the lack of GTN locations.

Well, if you had a choice between, let's say, 3 difference planets/locations, where would you PICK?

(Other than the Fleet, obviously.)

My choices? Well, I play Republic side so I'd recommend something along the lines of this:

1. A planet's main spaceport that is close to the beginning of your progression. Perhaps level...10-20? Coruscant, perhaps, would be the perfect place.

2. A planet in the mid-range of progression. Late 20's, early 30's perhaps? Alderaan would be my pick.

3. I actually haven't progressed passed the late 30's so I can't honestly say where I'd want the final choice to be...sorry guys! I suffer from alt-itis so I am constantly making new characters.

Put one in the newbie zones! Tier One items are 7th level and by the time people get to the GTN for the first time their probably at or near 11th and are ready to skip both Tier One and Tier Two gear. Having low level characters in the market place would help people get started with crafting. Right now it's really frustrating for beginning crafters to realize that noone wants to buy the stuff they are crafting!

Put one in the newbie zones! Tier One items are 7th level and by the time people get to the GTN for the first time their probably at or near 11th and are ready to skip both Tier One and Tier Two gear. Having low level characters in the market place would help people get started with crafting. Right now it's really frustrating for beginning crafters to realize that noone wants to buy the stuff they are crafting!

That's actually a really good idea. Low level items are rarely distributed on the GTN. Worth consideration at the very least!

Put a GTN node and a mailbox is everyone's spaceship.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. But I was thinking of something more along the lines of offering ways to "upgrade" your ship. Different looks, mailboxes, GTN, etc. Not a bad idea, but something I'd rather work toward rather than have given to me.

That's actually a really good idea. Low level items are rarely distributed on the GTN. Worth consideration at the very least!

most low level characters do not have the funds to be purchasing low level items off the GTN, not to mention that most people just grind to lvl 10-11 anyway to run the first flashpoint.

So IMHO putting them on starting planets would just be a waste.

What about locking the gtn by level of player? Players 1-10 would get there own gtn which would faciliate them buying and selling items creating an additional demand and crafting brackets. A level 50 can get alot of money to rev eng low level schematics. What would be the point for a low level toon to do the same thing unless he could sell his wares.

Gtn locations: spaceports or alongside speeder locations.

I liked the GTN placement all through beta until that last phase where we got what we have now.

They were placed in the main city on each planet, except hoth, quesh and ilum for republic side. I guess they wanted to make it easier on gold spammers by making everyone come to a central hub to get assulted by constant spam about credits for sale. If this was a move to make it easier to ban them in the beginning, I am all for that.