I'm Dan, Like Dantooine, but the Tooine is Silent

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

As Musco alluded to in a post last week, I joined the team a few months ago and serve as the new Community Coordinator! Some of you may be now wondering, if I’ve been here for a few months, then why am I just making myself known? Well, let’s go over everything that I work on.

Primarily, I handle everything involved with the articles that we create. This covers the whole process from start to finish. On top of this, I handle all the social posts across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as the game launcher itself. Over the past few months, these were handed to me piece by piece as Musco trained me accordingly. Once I had all these tasks under my belt, it was our plan to start transitioning me from solely working behind the scenes, to having a presence here on the general forums. So here we are!

I have been reading the general feedback here, especially within the past week, and it has been received. There’s a lot that can be improved upon and I’m working on fixing some of these issues. Going forward whenever there’s a new article or news update, I will also create a thread in the relevant forum to spread the word of whatever the subject is, as well as prompt a discussion about it. For example, later this week we will be announcing the specific details involving our community Cantina event happening around Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. At the same time as I publish the article to the site, I will then create a thread highlighting it.

Throughout March we will announce what will be involved with Game Update 5.10.2, between game features and technical updates. I’ve also been working with Charles on something we’d like to bring back, which are short stories. Now since a lot goes into the making of these, it’s hard to pinpoint when the first one will be published. But it’s a safe bet to say it will be sometime this spring.

Another strong sentiment that I’ve noted here is the lack of a roadmap. Unfortunately, while that falls outside of my scope, in the spring/summer I would like to build a web content roadmap. This will list all the planned articles, including update announcements. These wouldn’t have a hard date, but they would all be narrowed down to approximate months. For example, the Game Update 5.10.2 news would be listed as coming in the first half of March in a model like this. I’ve been working a lot behind the scenes to lay down the groundwork for the upcoming year and the fruits of that will start to bear in the upcoming months. Hopefully this post has been able to shed some light on the path we’re taking with 2019!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dan! Thank you for your work and the team and for taking on the feedback and already working on it. I think communication is definitely key, just having a good idea what's coming or what's in the works throughout even if we don't have a proper roadmap, helps a lot.

• Dev Post
Hey there Dan! Do you plan on updating the Community News section of the website? It seems it has not been updated in quite some time. The latest section on there is the roadmap from 2017. :confused:

Very good question! Yes, this is on my list of things to work on. The catch with this situation is we obviously don't want the Community News section to just mimic what we post in the News feed, because that would just be pointless. One of the questions I have been asking myself is "Aside from Cantina announcements, what other Community based content can we create for here?" I have no timeline at all for when there can be a notable change to this, but it is something I am striving towards.

Hello Dan,

It's nice to meet you. I'm glad you're finally speaking up. I'm Lunafox, all around general pain in the butt because I want Scourge back in a wonderful epic romance/adventure arc, and I'd like more private love scenes with Theron and Quinn. I love solo story play. I'm huge on LIs and companions and decorating. Keep me loved by my LIs and in nice digs I can decorate, and we'll get along fine and dandy. You can always make me happy by providing new exciting male, especially force using companions on a conveyor belt. :p

Also, you get bonus points if you like Quinn and speak well of him.

Edited by Lunafox

It was our plan to start transitioning me from solely working behind the scenes, to having a presence here on the general forums. So here we are!

I have been reading the general feedback here, especially within the past week, and it has been received. There’s a lot that can be improved upon and I’m working on fixing some of these issues.

Going forward whenever there’s a new article or news update, I will also create a thread in the relevant forum to spread the word of whatever the subject is, as well as prompt a discussion about it.

This sounds great!

I am looking forward to seeing you improving things around here, and really looking forward to seeing you on the forums more. Good luck and hopefully your new position is as enjoyable for you as it is helpful to us.

Greetings and welcome! I'm so glad you're here and I'm looking forward to your future posts.

I have one small request -- Could we please have an icon for the Galactic Strongholds forum?

If you notice, it's sitting away from the other forums, without graphics, like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Perhaps you could also confirm or deny the rumor that the lack of icon and position means it's not an "official" forum, thus it doesn't get read by community managers or devs?

Edited by Xina_LA

Very good question! Yes, this is on my list of things to work on. The catch with this situation is we obviously don't want the Community News section to just mimic what we post in the News feed, because that would just be pointless. One of the questions I have been asking myself is "Aside from Cantina announcements, what other Community based content can we create for here?" I have no timeline at all for when there can be a notable change to this, but it is something I am striving towards.

Could community news not advertise player ran events, or guild focus where you speak to guild leaders about the guild etc?

I have one small request -- Could we please have an icon for the Galactic Strongholds forum?

If you notice, it's sitting away from the other forums, without graphics, like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Thank you for focusing on the important issues, this has bugged me for years hahaha!

Just a thought, but you might consider posting polls so that you can get a small feel for which way the wind is blowing on particular topics. The threads are great, but often devolve into snark and cynicism.

Hi Dan, and

Hello Dan,

It's nice to meet you. I'm glad you're finally speaking up. I'm Lunafox, all around general pain in the butt because I want Scourge back in a wonderful epic romance/adventure arc, and I'd like more private love scenes with Theron and Quinn. I love solo story play. I'm huge on LIs and companions and decorating. Keep me loved by my LIs and in nice digs I can decorate, and we'll get along fine and dandy. You can always make me happy by providing new exciting male, especially force using companions on a conveyor belt. :p

Also, you get bonus points if you like Quinn and speak well of him.

All this please, i'd be very happy with lots and lots of time with my LIs, i can't get enough Theron :D

But a little bit something for every LI would be perfect ^^

I’ve also been working with Charles on something we’d like to bring back, which are short stories.

This would be great, i really enjoyed reading these short stories, and would be very happy with more of them

Edited by Goreshaga

Welcome to this land of wonder and despair, Dan. Jokes aside I'm glad you're stepping out of the shadows and I welcome you to our community, looking forward to seeing more of you. As for your plans I'm glad you're planning to tell us what type of articles we should be expect, and I'm overjoyed to see short stories making a return. I'll be looking forward to that as they can add quite a lot to the lore.

Hi Dan, welcome :D

I’ve an idea about this. As it’s community news, make it about the community.

There are community content makers and the influencers that you could work with that plan community related events that aren’t content actually made by you guys.

For instance :

A couple of our pvp community members are currently running and streaming “how to pvp” classes and later publishing them on YouTube.

Having these sorts of notifications and content links on the community news section would be great.

You also have influencers who do interviews with the BioWare crew. Most of the time we find out about these third hand and mostly when they are over.

Knowing when they are and having a link to them after (incase you miss it) would be awesome and would be community news.

Some guilds and other community members hold in-game events. ie OWPVP, Role Play, Strong Hold reviews or Achievements.

If they could work with you far enough in advance, you could add that to the community news.

Anyway, they’re just somethings that come to mind that differentiates the community news section from the news section because it’s about the community instead of just news on what the dev team or game is doing.

Cheers

Trix

Hello everyone!

As Musco alluded to in a post last week, I joined the team a few months ago and serve as the new Community Coordinator! Some of you may be now wondering, if I’ve been here for a few months, then why am I just making myself known? Well, let’s go over everything that I work on.

Primarily, I handle everything involved with the articles that we create. This covers the whole process from start to finish. On top of this, I handle all the social posts across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as the game launcher itself. Over the past few months, these were handed to me piece by piece as Musco trained me accordingly. Once I had all these tasks under my belt, it was our plan to start transitioning me from solely working behind the scenes, to having a presence here on the general forums. So here we are!

I have been reading the general feedback here, especially within the past week, and it has been received. There’s a lot that can be improved upon and I’m working on fixing some of these issues. Going forward whenever there’s a new article or news update, I will also create a thread in the relevant forum to spread the word of whatever the subject is, as well as prompt a discussion about it. For example, later this week we will be announcing the specific details involving our community Cantina event happening around Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. At the same time as I publish the article to the site, I will then create a thread highlighting it.

Throughout March we will announce what will be involved with Game Update 5.10.2, between game features and technical updates. I’ve also been working with Charles on something we’d like to bring back, which are short stories. Now since a lot goes into the making of these, it’s hard to pinpoint when the first one will be published. But it’s a safe bet to say it will be sometime this spring.

Another strong sentiment that I’ve noted here is the lack of a roadmap. Unfortunately, while that falls outside of my scope, in the spring/summer I would like to build a web content roadmap. This will list all the planned articles, including update announcements. These wouldn’t have a hard date, but they would all be narrowed down to approximate months. For example, the Game Update 5.10.2 news would be listed as coming in the first half of March in a model like this. I’ve been working a lot behind the scenes to lay down the groundwork for the upcoming year and the fruits of that will start to bear in the upcoming months. Hopefully this post has been able to shed some light on the path we’re taking with 2019!

Welcome to BioWare Autin, It's awesome that the team is able to grow, adapt and recruit new members. Having fresh ideas is always great, and it looks like you have some amazing ones. I'm very excited to see what you and SWTOR have in store for us, the community in the coming year/years. Feedback and a web roadmap would be great, it helps give us a sense of assurance and presence from the team at BioWare.