Reputation Items immediately consumed

UnP_RIP

Since the 6.0 Update reputation and RenownXP consumables are consumed as soon as you get them (from quest rewards etc).

With reputation Items this is a huge problem, since they keep being consumed, even after the weekly reputation goal has been reached, effectively wasting the reputation Item.

I have max rep for the rakghoul event. I ran a few quests yesterday, and instead of giving me the useless rep tokens to sell for a few thousand credits, they were automatically consumed, granting me nothing. This is very annoying.

I totaly agree. i did my first rakghulevent around the time when 60 was max lv, i even had a week vacation at that time so i played the quests with every char i had at 60 (6 or 7) for the whole week every day and got enought items to max the rep, even had a few left to sell.

i normaly do the weekly for cz every week with the chars i´m currently playing with and got around 7k creds just with them, so its kinda a waste with the new system.

Yes, this is terrible for reputation, as currently implemented. I capped Onderon reputation the second day after release, and then every toon I did the "Onderon Collector" quest with afterward that week lost their purple reputation item, because it was immediately consumed and I was at cap. Not to mention alllll the blue reputation items gone from any dailies done after reaching cap that second day. The dailies can be redone, annoying, but whatever. But that one time "Onderon Collector" quest? Across several toons? Bye bye purple rep items. Bleh. If I would've known, I obviously would've waited to run those quests on my other alts until later weeks. Thanks Bioware! Edited by Gabbagul

• 4 weeks later...

makes 0 sense. the only thing where it might be somehow useful would be dantooine reputation conquest objective that is fulfilled after u consume some reputation items - impossible to get when youre at max reputation so this instant consumption would make it available, however the downside of this is just too big to ever consider the new change being a good choice given the fact that dantooine is only one among countless reputations available ingame.

make it so we can consume the reputation items whenever we want - like we used to - but even if we are legend already - it would count for dantooine cq objective, just not give any more reputation.

Edited by Darittha

• 3 months later...
makes 0 sense. the only thing where it might be somehow useful would be dantooine reputation conquest objective that is fulfilled after u consume some reputation items - impossible to get when youre at max reputation so this instant consumption would make it available, however the downside of this is just too big to ever consider the new change being a good choice given the fact that dantooine is only one among countless reputations available ingame.

make it so we can consume the reputation items whenever we want - like we used to - but even if we are legend already - it would count for dantooine cq objective, just not give any more reputation.

the autoconsume does not trigger the Dantooine quest even when you are still building reputation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I really hope that this is not intended because this is just really stupid. For instance on my first visit to Iokath I got several tokens from the story and I was actually maxed before completing the weekly in the area. Meaning that my purple token went to waste when I could have kept it for the next week. I can't see any reason for this to be intended.

I am sure it is intended and you will not like the most obvious reason for the change:

They changed it in order to slow down your reputation gain to make you work for it over a longer period of time and not "cheat" by using the saved up rep items during another week. That is also why the newer reputation items after the change (Ossus and especially Dantooine, Onderon) have a lower value compared to the older ones in exchange for a higher overall reputation cap. So you need more time and effort to increase your reputation rank for those.

Additionally, the now 4 and soon to be 5 major conquest events cycle not only with each other but also with minor events in between. When the swoop racing event comes out, probably in late summer/early autumn, the same major event will only come back every 10 weeks and you will only be able to earn the reputation cap during that one week it is out.

Edited by Phazonfreak

My main issue with this is that I have maxed out the CZ-198 reputation entirely, gull on campion hero whatever iti s. so shouls I get the credits for those rep tokens ? if not, why are they instantly wasted when I used to be abel to sell them ?

You are supposed to get credits automatically, so it has been said. Keep meaning to check it out myself, but keep forgetting. Some people have said they get credits, some saay they don't. Next time you are handing them in, check your credits, and see if it changes :)

Also, I agree with all those saying the auto feature sucks. Especially if you've maxed your weekly, but still have moreto hand in.

Its not 100 percent. I still get the occasional item appearing in my inventory. Usually its like Republic/Empire reputation on Iokath or one off the Onslaught planets. Oh on Voss too.

Used to be if you were maxed you could set the objects to vendor for a few credits.

Edited by RameiArashi

Its not 100 percent. I still get the occasional item appearing in my inventory. Usually its like Republic/Empire reputation on Iokath or one off the Onslaught planets. Oh on Voss too.

Used to be if you were maxed you could set the objects to vendor for a few credits.

It is 100% as far as reputation quest rewards are concerned. What you are describing are random drops from enemies in the reputation quest area.