16M ops and missing loots.

Kaerdyn

Heya everyone !

We've got lately a weird issue when conducting 16M ops, some of us weren't granted the personnal parts of loot when killing a boss. Let's give some exemple of when it failed :

Dxun 16SM : killed the first boss (everyone was runnning on a fresh toon, that didn't walked into Dxun yet), and 1 healer couldn't loot the first boss, nothing was listed for him, but he was all clear to receive the craft mats...(it was master looter, so i could have given him that, if he won it ^^). FAQ : Did he saw the light beam for loots ? No, it didn't even show that, and i checked too and his name wasn't on the list of pieces that were on the boss. Killed 2nd boss and still no loot for everyone and stuck in fight till 3rd boss killed, then had to stuck it to finally get out of fight (bonus bug i guess), and then looting was working as intended.

KP 16HM guild event run : Cleared ops, got rewards as 8M ops while being in 16M ops (means the same 8 persons got NOTHING at all, and the same 8 got gear, while everyone was available to roll the dice for set pieces, but only one set piece for 16, instead of 2 logically)

EV 16HM : Killed first boss, got 4 persons that didn't get any gear on killing it, had to split into 2 teams of 8 to get loots for everyone on next bosses.

Anyone else getting this issue ? or is it only on Satele Chan server or only for us in Galaxy Knights ?

ps : sorry for the poor english, c'est juste pas ma langue maternelle à la base :p

Edited by Kaerdyn

I can confirm issues with personal loot in Dxun 16-man SM on Tulak Hord; so looks like this is a general problem.

In our case, not everyone would get loot from the final boss in Dxun (Apex Vanguard). In one run, I counted 10 players getting personal loot, with the other 6 not getting anything. I didn't count the loot in chat on the other runs but some players were definitely not getting loot. This definitely happened post-6.0.0a; not sure if it also happened in the 6.0 release week.

Also, I'm not yet sure if the missing loot is given to other players instead, or completely gone. It seems very RNG how many gear pieces you get (2 to 5?) and I feel that is not intended. It doesn't help that we get so much gear pieces that it's easy to lose track over the items in the inventory.

We didn't notice any issues with the first boss in Dxun, or at least nobody complained that he didn't get loot.

Yes, Dxun's second boss encounter does not give loot in 8-man and 16-man SM (VM loot works fine) because the encounter does not end correctly. That's also why you stay in combat after the fight and do not get a lockout for the boss. This type of bug is inexcusable and speaks to the overworked/underpaid devs and generally low quality of Onslaught in general. But what can we do; we play this game in the knowledge it won't get the funding it deserves and have to put up with those bugs.

Also, you didn't mention it but the Dxun 16-man SM phase is completely bugged after defeating the third boss encounter. The quest progress tracker shows "Defeat Apex Vanguard" when it should show "Find a spare power module" (or similar) so everyone needs to exit area and the group leader needs to reset phase before you can continue advancing to the 4th boss encounter.

Edited by Jerba

True that, i forgot to mention Dxun 16SM being bugged after the 3rd boss too, or more exactly didn't mentionned it because it can be resolved by players, while running an ops and having half the group not getting the personnal part of loot is pretty much killing the 16M groups. Right now my prog team is locked into a Dxun 16SM loop because doing any of the 16HM ops we want to prog on would end up being frustrating for up to 8 person simply for not getting any rewards, not adding the frustration for wypes and fails due to a regular run, y'know.

This will eventually lead to the death of 16M prog team, the only unknown being WHEN players will get sick of not getting their rewards for killing a boss and will just split into 8m runs...

True that, i forgot to mention Dxun 16SM being bugged after the 3rd boss too, or more exactly didn't mentionned it because it can be resolved by players, while running an ops and having half the group not getting the personnal part of loot is pretty much killing the 16M groups. Right now my prog team is locked into a Dxun 16SM loop because doing any of the 16HM ops we want to prog on would end up being frustrating for up to 8 person simply for not getting any rewards, not adding the frustration for wypes and fails due to a regular run, y'know.

This will eventually lead to the death of 16M prog team, the only unknown being WHEN players will get sick of not getting their rewards for killing a boss and will just split into 8m runs...

so loot is more important to you than killing bosses?

*sadness noises*

so loot is more important to you than killing bosses?

*sadness noises*

I may have poorly given what i thought or translated it...I raid lead the 16M prog team i'm in, and god knows if it was only ME not getting gear, i would gladly continue. I'm just not ignoring the fact that for some players, being rewarded for a kill is just as much important as the kill by itself. We had twice players reporting that and being angry, mostly because we were, and are still for some, in the gearing race to 306, so not having gear was actually a major problem at that moment.

why do you call it progression team then???

call it gearing team!

The basis is a prog team, but at the time we went inside and noticed that bug, you're actually right, it was for gearing...who calls a team in EV / KP HM a "prog team" anyway ??? When most of us will be using sets and having optimized stats, then we'll get back into progging, but for now, the grind is still on air unfortunately :s

Edited by Kaerdyn

Heya everyone !

We've got lately a weird issue when conducting 16M ops, some of us weren't granted the personnal parts of loot when killing a boss. Let's give some exemple of when it failed :

Dxun 16SM : killed the first boss (everyone was runnning on a fresh toon, that didn't walked into Dxun yet), and 1 healer couldn't loot the first boss, nothing was listed for him, but he was all clear to receive the craft mats...(it was master looter, so i could have given him that, if he won it ^^). FAQ : Did he saw the light beam for loots ? No, it didn't even show that, and i checked too and his name wasn't on the list of pieces that were on the boss. Killed 2nd boss and still no loot for everyone and stuck in fight till 3rd boss killed, then had to stuck it to finally get out of fight (bonus bug i guess), and then looting was working as intended.

KP 16HM guild event run : Cleared ops, got rewards as 8M ops while being in 16M ops (means the same 8 persons got NOTHING at all, and the same 8 got gear, while everyone was available to roll the dice for set pieces, but only one set piece for 16, instead of 2 logically)

EV 16HM : Killed first boss, got 4 persons that didn't get any gear on killing it, had to split into 2 teams of 8 to get loots for everyone on next bosses.

Anyone else getting this issue ? or is it only on Satele Chan server or only for us in Galaxy Knights ?

ps : sorry for the poor english, c'est juste pas ma langue maternelle à la base :p

PS : salut, c'est pas ma langue maternelle non plus :p

We did several 16m ops, sm and Hm, and had the same issues. Not only that, but the loot we WOULD get,(except for the occasional set bonus piece and grade 11 materials satchel), were actually old outdated 5.0 loot (iokath mk-15 assembled armor pieces to exchange to a now non-existing vendor, old purple 248 schematics .... )

I actually tried to post this issue in the Bug reports section of the forum, where it will have more chances to be seen. Your post tho, is way more detailed and precise , so I would encourage to post there too, as I havent seen a lot of people talking about it but it have to be fixed !

Edited by jambalayabungee

I am also having this issue. I've done 7 runs of 16 man story mode operations and gotten absolutely no loot on any of them. Toborro's Courtyard, Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace, Scum and Villainy and Temple of Sacrifice. Edited by Galinax

Is there anyone looking to restore group finder Ops to its former glory? Surely you guys have seen the 95-98% decrease of GF daily rewards, right?

No one wants to run monolith, so nearly EVERY group picks the op of the day and unchecks the rest. There's little point in GF ops... which is why you're seeing an uptick in 16m.

Killin me smalls...

SWTOR has become Hammer Spam...

I mean... while we’re looking at Operation loot. How bout we figure out why we are only seeing generic loot outta dxun. I’ve seen zero set bonus or tactical drops in there (mostly hard mode). Flashpoint bosses drop more/better loot than dxun bosses.

I've seen this several times, I'm thinking there might be a cap to how many items a boss can drop. So the first 10 people get 5-6 items, then someone gets 2 items and everyone else gets none.

Haven't really looked at the logs to see how many people got how much loot, but it would explain why sometimes you get a ton of items, sometimes you get two and sometimes you get none.