Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.17.2017 , 11:58 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Here's my thoughts on the doubling of the costs...

It sucks for those of us who currently have them built up because our stacks will be cut in half...but...it won't have any long term impact on us because ours come from WZ's, which are doubling as well, so the crates will simply supplement our PvPing acquisition.

That being said...the real issue in all of this is that the costs are STILL too high...they've ALWAYS been too high...maybe now we can get some PvEers to understand just how stupidly expensive the system is.
You don't have to explain that to PvE'ers. I totally see that but the problem is that Bioware has to talk the more hardcore players into account that just gain way more currency than the average player.

If you have stacks of UCs on your account now that you cannot spend, that's not an achievement but a problem because it's a measuring point that Bioware has to take into account. One person's impossible is another person's yawn. It just gets messy because BW made all gear the same but PvE'ers already figured out that UCs are only worth it for 248 gear and therefore come to warzones to mess around and get UCs in the process.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
11.17.2017 , 12:16 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
What about UCs that we currently own?

Will you double them when you do the conversion to tokens, or will they be worth half of what they are now?

dscount's Avatar


dscount
11.17.2017 , 12:20 PM | #133
@ERIC - Can we please get our current UC's DOUBLED in the transfer?

Makes sense if everything else is getting bumped to DOUBLE that our existing when migrated from currency to stackable is also twice as many.

Thank you
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Qouivandes's Avatar


Qouivandes
11.17.2017 , 12:24 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by DraonaiMimnov View Post
So, two questions for you or Keith,
Does this confirm new player ships / ship stronghold types and that our alts that havent completed the story will be able to access their ships?
im just curious on how what he posted implied new ships/stronghold types or current alts accessing ships. He states clearly that it can be used on a toon to up them to 70 and puts them on the class ship regardless of their point in the class story. no where in that post does it imply new ships or new strongholds or ships being strongholds. simply that it places the toon on the ship.
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

ultimarb's Avatar


ultimarb
11.17.2017 , 12:24 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.
wait until you see the pve player base get back to ranked pvp to gain the new upcoming crafting materials for those new fency legendary 236 augments with power as third stat. those materials come salong with ranked pvp weekly and dailies...

dscount's Avatar


dscount
11.17.2017 , 12:30 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
wait until you see the pve player base get back to ranked pvp to gain the new upcoming crafting materials for those new fency legendary 236 augments with power as third stat. those materials come salong with ranked pvp weekly and dailies...
Yup... this so much. I hate PVP - but I want my Augment materials. So guess what? Some very unhappy people with me in ranked as I'm not a PVP player. Don't blame me - blame Bioware as they are forcing us to do that content so a certain person gets a bonus check for increasing the PVP use in the game or gets more funding to make more maps.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

ElectroFidgit's Avatar


ElectroFidgit
11.17.2017 , 04:51 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):
  • New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Will those of us who currently have outlander tokens be able to trade or convert them for the Master’s Datacron? Alternatively. will you be granting 1 per account as in the past?
Refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/K34j26

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.17.2017 , 05:35 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.
How is it a mistake? If the idea is to level every single one of your alts to the point that they can get shells to upgrade, why bother making the currency legacy wide? I'm sorry, but this is not a mistake on the part of the players, it is another example of Bioware changing something without thinking of the impact on the players.

I have gear to upgrade - on the characters I've gotten to rank 300. 8 of them, actually. But the characters that I use for PvP are not necessarily the same and therefore they have the UCs but not necessarily the shells. I don't know how you can't understand this, honestly.

By your logic, making this currency legacy wide has zero point.
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.17.2017 , 05:42 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I'm sure there are some people who in their individual situation have stacked up on UCs but really what is this effort they put into it? UCs are gained for showing up in warzones. I do not believe in this effort. You can gain some extra from being a good player but most UCs come from daily/weekly rewards and simply showing up. I am not impressed by that "effort" at all.
Yet you don't put forth that effort either. Your input on the situation is becoming less valuable every time you post here. This is not a situation you are in, and it's obviously not one you care about either. So why bother? Just to drive the knife in a little further?

Some of us have done the thing that you refuse to do and queue'd for warzones and participated (not just "showed up"), and we are now being cut in HALF for that effort. It's not nothing, and just because you don't agree with it or have the problem yourself... it doesn't change the facts.

I suppose you can keep trolling and belittling if you want, but think about it this way: If by adding the legacy bank credit storage they said they were going to be cutting your current credits in half, would you feel the same way?
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
Click here to use my Referral Link

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.17.2017 , 07:34 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Yet you don't put forth that effort either. Your input on the situation is becoming less valuable every time you post here. This is not a situation you are in, and it's obviously not one you care about either. So why bother? Just to drive the knife in a little further?

Some of us have done the thing that you refuse to do and queue'd for warzones and participated (not just "showed up"), and we are now being cut in HALF for that effort. It's not nothing, and just because you don't agree with it or have the problem yourself... it doesn't change the facts.

I suppose you can keep trolling and belittling if you want, but think about it this way: If by adding the legacy bank credit storage they said they were going to be cutting your current credits in half, would you feel the same way?
I don't feel it's fair to go to warzones and mess around and basically ruin the pvp experience for others. So I don't. It's not about not wanting to put in the effort as you seem to indicate but simply that I do not feel right about ruining the pvp for pvp'ers.

It's very easy to accuse me of trolling just because I have a different viewpoint, by the way.

The whole PvP system is as I understand it, is set up that you can start with 230 gear and work your way up. So you always have shells that you can upgrade till all your toons are 248. Is that not a fact? Or am I saying something incorrect here?

So unless you have everything on 248, you do have shells you can upgrade. Of course if you rip the mods out to give to an alt and use the empty shells...well, you can do that but then you gimp yourself on your alt that used the mods and has no shell for it. You can consider that a fault in the system on Bioware's side but you can still upgrade 230 gear all the way up to 248 if you choose to and that's how it's set up.

Tell me if I'm wrong but as far as I know it's a fact that you can upgrade shells starting at 230 all the way up to 248.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.