Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eli_Porter's Avatar


Eli_Porter
11.17.2017 , 04:37 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
If they are increasing costs and also gains that clearly means they wanna battle the thing that people are not stockpiling Crates to open them in 5.6 and get a lot of UCs. That is probably the main reason for the increase, to mitigate the initial gear purchase.
That's a crappy way of doing it. You only punish the people who got UC's the way intended (not through hoarding crates) and those who didn't read a dev post in time to use their UC's.

The reason for doubling rates is likely because they're gonna set the minimum UC obtainable per crate to 1, and they view it as too much when compared to the amount of UC's you get for PvP/GSF/Operations. They can't give you 0.5 UC's for a green T1 item, so they doubled the rates instead.

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
11.17.2017 , 04:38 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.
Your approach to the matter is short sighted. Since gear drop is RNG, you can not tell which piece you will be missing from a tier, therefore you have to wait and see if you want to make the most out of your UC ammount. Now you are forced to predict the future and you may waste your UC on an item you later get as a drop. Also, since UC are currently not transferable, you can not spend all UC since higher tier pieces cost 200-300 UC, there will be residuals on every toon you have, and the more you have, the more UC value you are going to lose.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
11.17.2017 , 04:45 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

From legacy wide currency to legacy bound items? That's a really really weird change.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6
I'm speechless...
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
11.17.2017 , 04:50 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
That's a crappy way of doing it. You only punish the people who got UC's the way intended (not through hoarding crates) and those who didn't read a dev post in time to use their UC's.

The reason for doubling rates is likely because they're gonna set the minimum UC obtainable per crate to 1, and they view it as too much when compared to the amount of UC's you get for PvP/GSF/Operations. They can't give you 0.5 UC's for a green T1 item, so they doubled the rates instead.
Well as for me I see nothing wrong in keeping everything as it is. I mean you would just get A LOT of bonus UCs at the start of 5.6 and then earn the rest the normal way. However, having already all my toons with full 248 (as there was enough time and ways to do it) the UCs will only be used for left side things.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

mrwayn's Avatar


mrwayn
11.17.2017 , 05:29 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
This would appear to be a genius move. Anyone returning or new coming to the game will be able to pay 20 bucks (or whatever it costs) and have their level 1 bumped to level 70 and given a full set of 220 gear or whatever. They then get to play the original story, the best part of the game while every so often increasing their CXP rating. So much so that by the time they have finished enjoying the story and get to the constant betrayal story line of 5.0 onward they will likely already be command rank 200 and plenty of unassembled tokens. No doubt confused by all the whiners on the forums saying CXP grind is too hard.
You're grossly overestimating the amount of cxp that can be gained by doing the original class story. You gain 70-80 cxp per mission. I don't know how many missions there are exactly, lets assume it's 100. That would mean 7-8k cxp plus the cxp you gain for bonusmissions and killing stuff, so maybe 15k? 15k cxp would be like commandlevel 15 or so....
If what you want to do is story, getting to lvl 70 as soon as possible is pointless. The only reason I can think of to use such a token is, if you really want a new or existing (but low lvl) character for endgame but don't want to level it and don't want to be locked out of pre-kotfe stuff in case you want to do the story later.

Quote:
HI Eric,

am I reading wrong that it will make leveling command ranks way slower as disintegrating items won't give anymore CXP?

Look like the system looks better once we are at lvl 300 but getting there will take way more time.
What amount of cxp do you get for disintegrating stuff? 100-200? So lets assume it's an average of 150 per piece. If you disintegrate every single one of your 300 gear pieces from 1-300 you'll gain 45k cxp. You can gain the same amount (or probably more) by running the cz-198 and ziost weeklies which take less than 30min combined. So, no, I don't think the grind to 300 is going to take considerably longer...
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

Nmyownworld's Avatar


Nmyownworld
11.17.2017 , 06:07 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
Does this mean that Story/solo-mode FPs and Planetary missions are being removed from the Galactic Command interface? If this allows for selecting a specific solo-mode FP, or a planet's Heroics, kudos. As long as the CXP bonus is still applied even though the content is accessed outside of the Galactic Command interface. Planetary missions (Heroics) specifically since doing those outside of the Galactic Command interface does not grant the CXP bonus.

Regarding Legacy-wide Credits, will they be done the same way as UCs? Since Legacy UCs will be:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
11.17.2017 , 08:51 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
SNIP.... So that kind of gives you an idea of the value they are putting on these in terms of PvP effort. Disintegrating is much less effort, so I'd expect the value you get back for it to be much, much lower. Again, speculation... but based on their current set-up.

...SNIP
I think your post is spot on except for this part and I know it's speculation but...

What effort in PVP? I put in more effort doing heroics than what I do in every PVP match I have ever went into and walk away with more UC than we will ever get disintegration crates.

I walk away with UC from PVP win or lose with pretty much on effort on my part. At least with getting crates to disintegrate, I actually have to put in real effort to succeed.

Biwoare is once again showing their stupidity in game design and keeping gamers content to play and thats before I get into how screwed up it is to double the purchase value of gear making all the UCs gamers have worth half as much.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Sundown's Avatar


Sundown
11.17.2017 , 08:52 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.
Well, speaking for myself: you need a minimum number of components. I play on many toons, so I have a couple with like 150 UC. I can‘t really use them until I can afford tier 4 stuff, which is 210 min iirc.

Regarding Eric‘s initial statement: I find it hard to understand that even BW considers RNG a risk that needs mitigating, yet doesn‘t come to the most obvious and effective solution: kill RNG completely.
From the doubling of cost you can easily come to the conclusion that UC gain will be quite low, most likely small single digit per crate.

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
11.17.2017 , 09:01 AM | #119
I don't like the change to the amount of CXP received from disintegrating items, if I'm understanding correctly. The GC system is horrible enough as is, and the only thing to do is get to your next crate as quickly as possible. The increased amount of UC and all that should be in addition to the CXP gained.

DanNV's Avatar


DanNV
11.17.2017 , 09:02 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
Well, speaking for myself: you need a minimum number of components. I play on many toons, so I have a couple with like 150 UC. I can‘t really use them until I can afford tier 4 stuff, which is 210 min iirc.
This is the biggest problem people will have. Again, they are punishing those people who play alts. Someone, somewhere has decided that GC is needed to keep the game alive, so they are all in on it and any change has to have something to it to force you back to more GC. Some idiot decision maker is going to ride that horse right into oblivion.

Quote:
Regarding Eric‘s initial statement: I find it hard to understand that even BW considers RNG a risk that needs mitigating, yet doesn‘t come to the most obvious and effective solution: kill RNG completely.
From the doubling of cost you can easily come to the conclusion that UC gain will be quite low, most likely small single digit per crate.
My thoughts, too. Which will make it mostly useless and since you won't get CXP, make that grind even longer, rather than improve it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS