Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raise the 22 character slot limit please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Raise the 22 character slot limit please.

MoobooMagoo
04.16.2014 , 02:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by NovusRex View Post
Regardless of what I want and think, is there a good reason to not allow more characters? If it makes people happy and they pay for it, why refuse?
This is what I want to know. There may be some sort of technical limitation that keeps them from allowing more character spots. Personally I think subscribers shouldn't have a limit on the number of characters they have per server as long as they are willing to buy more character slot upgrades. But if there is some sort of problem then it is understandable why this isn't the case.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Sendrel
04.16.2014 , 06:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MoobooMagoo View Post
.....There may be some sort of technical limitation that keeps them from allowing more character spots.......
This.

As long as there's no limitations from a tech standpoint, it should be a non-issue. Let subs have as many slots (purchasable with CCs) as they wish.

NovusRex
04.16.2014 , 11:46 AM | #23
I agree with the both of you. Therefor I'd love a reaction from Bioware, to hear whether there's a technical barrier regarding the character slot. And for the record to everyone, I realise that 22 characters is generous compared to some other MMO's, but it's my belief that everyone paying for a sub should have acces to unlimited characters (via cartel market unlocks, just like the currect unlock system). It's hard to imagine that there's a technical barrier though.

Kalfear
04.16.2014 , 12:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by NovusRex View Post
I agree with the both of you. Therefor I'd love a reaction from Bioware, to hear whether there's a technical barrier regarding the character slot. And for the record to everyone, I realise that 22 characters is generous compared to some other MMO's, but it's my belief that everyone paying for a sub should have acces to unlimited characters (via cartel market unlocks, just like the currect unlock system). It's hard to imagine that there's a technical barrier though.
LOL Unlimited now?????

OK I gotta ask, why do you need these slots
Give us the real answer because Im personally not buying any of your above posted ones.

As I said before, I suspect this is an issue for you because you share account with 2-3-4 other people and find yourself limited on amount of characters available because of that.

The concept to a sub has always been 1 sub per account
Which brings us back to 22 being more then enough for any one player

So whats the real reason?
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

NovusRex
04.16.2014 , 12:53 PM | #25
I told you the real reason. You still haven't told us the reason for a limit. Not only I, but others aswell gave good reason to allow more characters. I won't repeat myself and my reasons, you can just read me previous posts. I don't understand why you are so against it though. It seems you're against it just for the sake of it. Is it that hard to believe other people level a lot of alts, with different looks, genders, skills, armour, etc..?

XiamaraSimi
04.16.2014 , 03:14 PM | #26
Its another one of those people who don't get it things. Just like the people who don't RP that mock those that do. They don't like it, therefore those that do are stupid et cetera.

DakotaDoc
04.17.2014 , 04:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Yeah, I did. And I'd buy more. I have 22 on one server, most of them are 55 the rest are between 50 and 54. I've done all the stories, male/female, light dark blah blah, but I'd like to do other things with different species as well. I have loads of experiments I want to try, and if I'm willing to fork over more cash for slots, why not? There are others like me, I'm not the only one with severe altitis.
I am in the same boat. I like leveling. Like the different storries, sure I can roll them on another server, but my guild is here. on this server.

End game only is only so good. bored membership makes them look at other games. Just FYI.
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Fix Crafted Green Lightsabers
Bioware the community has declared shenanigans on the slot machine nerf.
Do you accept these charges of shenanigans?

Turajin
04.17.2014 , 05:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
OK I gotta ask, why do you need these slots
Simple Answer:
8 classes
2 AC each
3 skill trees each
2 genders
3 "alignments" (dark side, light sIde, neutral)
11 species (so far)

Summs up to 3168 possible combinations. So with 22 character slots, you can't even get 1% of all possibel combos. There are players who enjoy playing different species/gender/alignment/class-combos, even though the first three ascpect have (almost) no influence on gameplay. Some players enjoy leveling new toons (with a new combination). I, in example, think the current "end-game-content" is a big bore. So anything past level 50-something (after class-story-line ist finished) is not much worth playing. So I regularily start new toons (at the moment I have 16), because those class-stories are the most interesting part of the whole game. On the other hand, I don't want to delete that lvl50-something toons just to be able to play another toon ('cause once in a while, I might like to do those lame dailies, or I just want to show my old toons to friends, etc.).

tomcn
06.12.2014 , 09:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
I suspect this is an issue for you because you share account with 2-3-4 other people and find yourself limited on amount of characters available because of that.
I chuckled over this conspiracy theory.

Both my RL partner and me are subs (separately). We don't share accounts. We always play on paired toons, keeping them in sync during the leveling process. We have both hit the 22 character limit on our server, and want the limit to be raised.

In addition to the excellent analysis above of how many toon combinations a single person might want to try, you also need to add in the reason for people like my partner and me -- we want to try different team combinations -- with different player characters and companion characters filling out the trinity roles.

I'm sure there are millions of possible team combinations.

Kinman
05.05.2015 , 07:23 AM | #30
Hey, just want to push this. With the new 12x XP it would be really cool if we can have more than 22 Charakterslots. Any chance to raise this limit?

Greetings
Kinman
http://vc-rp.de - Vanjervalis Chain RP Community Plattform