Companion's crafting and mats

Collec

Companions should also get some influence from crafting same as you send them on missions to bring back materials. Of course numbers would be lower than mission runs,but still would be nice to get some.

Also it takes 3-4 proffesions to craft War Supplies Invasion Force and probably over 200 materials to just craft 1 Invasion Force (didn't do exact number count,but it's stupid). So look at it again and fix it. And for some other crafts as well. Honestly I can live with other ******** as for 8 refined isotopes for 1 dark project and other ********...but this invasion force is just stupid and I can't believe it's still like it is. Sure this is QQ from my end,but to have to use 3-4 proffesions and over 200 materials for 1 Invasion Force is just not worth it.

as a crafter i say no to that.

profession missions costs you credits. they also can fail. but as a reward you get influence, materials and points for the dark or light side. during the mission time, you cannot use your companion and if you abort the mission, the credits are gone, too.

if you are crafting items, you combine materials to an item. you cannot fail with that. it costs you nothing. you have a chance to get a crit, so an additional item, or an included slot for augments; still tradeable. if you abort the crafting, you get you materials back.

even if you are having lower companions, it would just take seconds to craft lower tier components. so by crafting them an getting influence out of it, you would destroy the market of companion gifts and raise the price for materials. also the item that pushes your companion directly to 50 would be useless. so hell no.

even if you say, that just items would give influence, giving crafting xp, so that just higher components would give influence, this would have way to severe impacts on the market. and hey! i would profit most of it.

regarding the costs of the invasion force, just take a look some years ago. there a single person could conquer a planet on its own, just with crafting. so it was needed to let them pay for it much. and back in these times, you could craft war supplies directly with materials, no need for components. and to give you an number, you need 3 professions to craft it on your own. but you can trade them very well, because there are many players out there, with the same problem.

so the expenditure to craft an invasion force was increased. to compensate that, you got a repeatable task in the conquest schedule: 300 points for crafting 50 items. so this is okay. it would be better, if there would be an additional daily repeatable task, for crafting war supply, yes. but 2063 points for crafting an invasion force is quite nice. every day! this means nearly one character finishing, just by crafting them.

in early days, you even couldn't use them. today you can spend 10 for points, sell them for a way higher price, or use them for crafting dark projects. so they brought back a use for them. (crystal of nightmare fury is none for me).

and this is just a part for the ones, mostly doing crafting and trading as main gameplay. but to lower costs, would just flood everything here, too. so again a no from my view as a crafter.

Lol that it would destroy market of companion gifts....I am pretty sure people still have ******** of companion gifts from when BW had that "bug" that purple companion gifts were 1 credit. I can say that I didn't use it....can you?Is that what you are afraid of? And BW doing nothing about that eh...gimme a break And personally I don't give a **** about companion gifts on GTN...way overpriced,when I can get those gifts for free. But everything on GTN is overpriced.

Also to say that it doesn't cost you nothing...it costs you materials and credits to craft. It's not just a given thing. You either send companions on missions,use those craft nodes in sh or you have specific proffesion to farm some materials from mobs (which is another way companions could get influence...1kill-1 influence)

And I did say that numbers would have to be adujsted. I wouldn't expect to get 220 influence for 1 craft for tier 10 craft. It's more like tier 1 gives 1 influence,tier 2 gives 2 and so on till tier 10 gives 10 influence with companion. They can even put weekly or monthly limit on it.

As for Invasion Force...again instead of raising materials,they should've just raised time it takes to craft it. With level 50 comp it takes over 2h to craft it. To stop people from abusing this,it should take 10h and if that still too fast,they should do 24h so 7 invasion force per week.

BW DO SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE 1 CREDIT COMPANION GIFTS ! THEY ARE DESTROYING MARKET OF COMPANION GIFTS...it's not hard to find out accounts with 10k+ companion gifts and which accounts are linked and what not....BAN THEM ALL !

• 2 weeks later...

Still no response..I see that shut you up,eh?....please bw BAN all those you'd say you will ban,who exploited that 1 credit companion gifts. It's not hard to find people, who have 10k+ companion gifts,made fortune from selling them on GTN and probably have all companions on level 50 on at least 1 or 2 toons.

THEY EXPLOIT, YOU BAN THEM. Why are the rest of us getting screwed over,who play by the rules?