Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative/Scoundrel Heals are in desperate need of a buff.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Operative/Scoundrel Heals are in desperate need of a buff.

THAT_EPIC_GUY
04.16.2017 , 07:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrimando View Post
do you really think "nerf" a class is the right answer. I dont' think it ever is...why not bring up the classes rather than being negative with nerfs.

nobody likes nerfs. nobody likes havign to grind to GC 300+ and then have that class "nerfed"

truly think about what you are asking for and if it's a good user experience that will keep players playing the game.
No one likes power creep either. Compare average class survivability from 2.0 until now. It's gone way up. Healing output has gone way up due to added tools for uptime (you have more defensive capability so you can facetank to hardcast more, you have more mobility so you can have greater output while kiting). All this has lead to a greater frequency of stalemates (One of the biggest complaints among group ranked players is that too many games go to acid. No one in regs likes how 1 semi-competent healer with guard can turn a team into a full blown turtle). Instead of constantly rebuffing everything to the highest standard, Bioware needs to learn to take things away. Heck, iirc a couple months ago Caprica made a post about how 8v8 ranked just would never work in todays meta simply due to how much power creep has happened.
Mac
<Failure><It's Lit>
Up to date Medicine Operative PvE guide.

kissingaiur
04.16.2017 , 07:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by aristrokratie View Post
Snip.
Opinions change even mine. The class is strong till lack of interrupt immunity comes into play. Everytime I struggle on the class I feel like a change in giving the class interrupt immunity could fix it. It will still be one of the hardest classes to play but if played well you can have a lot of success with it.

I literally have 0 issues now that I am almost fully geared. I would always argue that the class is balanced. It has strengths and weaknesses as EVERY class should. The ONLY weakness that is game breaking in solo ranked/group ranked is interrupt immunity; that is it. You need to stop comparing it to Sorcs/Mercs. Both of these classes are overtunned, that's why Operatives feel "weak" to you.

If you are struggling that much to write a post you are playing the class wrong 5.1. It really isn't as bad as you make it out to be by a long shot.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Zero_Unlimited
04.17.2017 , 11:50 PM | #13
I strongly disagree with those of you who are saying that it's unfair to compare operative healer to merc and sorc healers "because those classes are op," when those are the only other two healing classes in the game. If i can't compare operative healers to another healer then what can I compare it to? If the answer is "nothing" then something is obviously wrong with class balance when two healing classes are comparable and the third one isn't.

kissingaiur
04.18.2017 , 07:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zero_Unlimited View Post
I strongly disagree with those of you who are saying that it's unfair to compare operative healer to merc and sorc healers "because those classes are op," when those are the only other two healing classes in the game. If i can't compare operative healers to another healer then what can I compare it to? If the answer is "nothing" then something is obviously wrong with class balance when two healing classes are comparable and the third one isn't.
I would disagree with you disagreeing. Something can be balanced while other classes are ovetunned. Operative healers right now are fair.

Comparing them merc defensively is hilarious to me in the first place. They have been aruguably the worst pvp healer since their big nerf during the beginning of swtor (I wasn't around then but they use to be the best healer back in the day). Since than with their inability to heal on the move, mixed in with them needing to cast heal every almost every ability makes them extremely disadvantage in PvP. Even with mercs new "buffs" their healing hasn't been touched so they are still the worst pvp healer. Yah their dcds are insane right now but you wouldn't ever pick them up for solo ranked or group ranked, ever.

Comparing them to sorcs? Sorcs literally perfect pvp healer, not because of their hps but how their healing works mechically. They went from being a purely cast healer in 2.0-pre 4.0 to doing everything on the move. They are in the position operatives were in when they were op in 2.0. These changes don't make operatives a worse class it makes sorcs the more optimal choice in PvP.

That's why many want operatives to have interupt immunity skill. Since the devs want operatives to cast heal they need to give us access to interrupt immunity. Or remove it from sorcs since majority of their heals is instant and on the move there is no need for their to be immune to interrupts because unlike 2.0 sorcs they aren't standing in one position spamming cast heals.

Operatives are still the best cleave healer in the game and their burst is great till you get constantly cc and locked out of cast heals. There is nothing wrong with the class but a shift in playstyle which the devs need to counter balance slightly.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Zero_Unlimited
04.18.2017 , 09:46 AM | #15
Having played all 3 healers in pvp I will agree that operatives need more interrupt immunity now that it has been pointed out. As far as everything else goes Hottie we'll just have to agree to disagree. "Balance" is relative term that's very definition implies that one class should not excel at something where other classes fail, only their styles of play should differ. I'm not sure we both agree on that definition. It seems like you have a rock-paper-scissors idea of how classes in an MMO should work. There's nothing wrong with that idea, many would agree with it. All I want is for classes to be rebalanced every 2-3 months instead of every year or longer. It's not "Flavor of the Month" with swtor, it's "Flavor of the Year".

WooduckAUS
04.28.2017 , 10:02 PM | #16
Whoever said scoundrel heals are in a good place is delusional.....

Whoever says, stop comparing scoundrel to the other 2 healing classes, that's just dumb. You have no choice but to compare it to the other classes. You have 3 options to heal and if you are wanting to enter the top tier of whatever you are doing, pve or pvp, don't bother with a scoundrel at the moment, because it needs to be fixed. If you are just wanting to play casually and have some fun, go for it. Scoundrel healing is fun.

I say this because they need some love. They are the forgotten son.... many moons ago, they were op. So mando and sage were buffed and scoundrel was pushed to the side. Now it's time for some love. Not a lot, just some QoL things. Anyone who says otherwise, can go enjoy there participation ribbon. But as they are, there is no reason to bring a scoundrel to anything. The other 2 classes can do everything the scoundrel can do but better.

1 thing i can't get my head around, is why the other 2 classes heals became "smart" but scoundrel was left out, many patches ago. Why is kotlo cloud the last "dumb" heal of the game? Doesn't make any sense. This is an easy fix and it would make a significant difference. Make it "smart". Also making it worthy of a 6 piece set bonus would be nice. Either hitting harder or maybe working with any character with slow release medpac and doubling the effect for an example.... that wouldn't make it op but you could strategically place your slow release for combination with kolto cloud to help mediate the lack of burst we have.

Scoundrels used to be the most mobile healers of the game. No they are the least mobile...... Unfair playing field and needs to be fixed. Any significant heal with a scoundrel, is a cast.. Bad for pve, bad for pvp. Nothing major, just change one to even the playing field.... Kolto wave or kolto pack changed to instant. Not op, just even.

As far as survivability goes, there is a million things you could change to help the problem. Thing is, with no burst heals the scoundrel starts behind the eight ball. We do have a few tricks up our sleeves but needs a significant buff to compete with the other healers who have stupidly insane survivability mixed with burst.......

Somebody mentioned nerf the other classes and don't touch scoundrel.... Given the track record with the game, we have a better chance of fixing 1 class, than purposely breaking 2 classes to bring them back into line.

Some quick QoL things for the scoundrel and they can at lease compete again.

Rant over.

(Bored with mando/sage healing)

Lalainnia
04.28.2017 , 11:13 PM | #17
Scoundrels/Operatives really don't need anything , sages and sorcs need to lose and rework certain abilities and mando trauma regulators needs to die or be completely reworked.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

DenariusJay
05.09.2017 , 07:22 PM | #18
I play a lot of operative healing in pvp and pve and I believe the overall healing output is right in line of what a healer class should be at.

The issue is just how mechanically the class is played atm. We require a lot of casting and tons of babying of Koltos Probes, which is the hugest annoyance IMO. If they reworked Kolto Probes in a way that didn't require so much babying and some way to have stun immunity (maybe have it built into Pugnacity?) then I think the class will be just right for pvp.

The healing output is there, its just five times as more work to keep up with the lolsorcs.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Pazuzuh
08.26.2018 , 09:18 PM | #19
Indeed its very frustrating that my full 248 op struggle to heal players ons PVP that my 236 sorc/merc heal do it so easily.
On PVE, my operative cannot save tank mistakes and carry low geared folks on some hard Master Modes FP, but my other two 236/240 can. Its sad that a funny class like op its broken like that.