Why Many Ranked PvP’ers So Toxic??

godreel

Hey Folks,

Last day i que my first ranked pvp after 3 years. I have been preparing for it almost 5 months. But its really uncomfortable and without fun. Its about players who give all life to ranked pvp.

I m good at normal warzone but ı need to work on ranked one( there are really diffrent) and also need que ranked. But ı may never be perfect but ı want to play it:) ı guess they cant underetand that many people dont want to give all life to be perfect ranked pvp’er:)

My only goal is to make ranked pvp, but this ranked pvp’ers quality drove me out of the swtor. In wanted to share because it bothers me so much. I thınk , a lot of things have changed here, but the biggest and worst change is pvp player community.

Ty

You chose a strange thread to discuss this PVP topic.

Overall its about the people. Sadly the people in swtor solo ranked are as they are. Very few are kind and understanding. Most of the players are after elo and the top3 which makes them want to win every match. If they do not win, they blame others and thats how it all starts.

Solo ranked is not a friendly environment, people play for elo and rewards instead of fun so thats how it is.

I think, Bioware do something wrong about pvp. Swtor has small number of players who want to do pvp. Many of them que for finishing their weekly. For these reason, the small group of players are decreasing and this situation is turning into platform where the same people( generally toxics) play. Bioware should create something which all players in all areas can participate and toxic people can be the minority.

• 4 weeks later...

It's toxic because it only takes one person screwing up to mess up a match for everyone, and losing gives no rewards. This means that every time there's a loss, the other players on your team are hyper worried about shifting the blame.

Combined with that, is a history of various guilds abusing it. Taking turns throwing matches and such. Some alts exist only to throw matches.

Edited by clearsighted

There are 2 types of toxic, the type that just call you **** and go full retard in caps lock because their brains are smooth, and the 2nd type of toxic where people are more disappointed that you're just incredibly bad and wasting their time. The first type of toxic you don't need to care for, you could be winning the game and they'll still start crying and going ape in capslock. The latter are good people who just want to win and you should feel bad for being bad and ruining their ranked match. With that said noone should be gatekeeping content from other people, especially when it's the only way to earn pvp tokens.

Pvp needs a huge rework in general, unranked not offering any reward at all, unless you're counting 2 pieces of random gear and a green material bag a reward, lmao, just make no sense at all, it's a pvp match ffs.

They should make ranked pvp tokens just pvp tokens, double the amount of tokens that drop in ranked and give 3/4 of the current amount to unranked warzones. As, as it stands right now it'll take you on average 2000 games to afford a 200,000 token box, lol, you will actually lose your mind before you play this many ranked games. Obviously there are the end of season rewards, but who wants to wait 6 months for the season to end to be able to buy anything, and then all this does is give people a reason to wintrade & throw games to boost new alts in pvp ranked from the start to 1600 and then let them sit there until the end of season. I guarantee you if some of these people stuck to one character and didn't swap when they started losing they would be bronze or lower.

I have about 780ish games on one character now and basically started pvping in ranked, and started pvping about a month after I essentially started the game almost 2 months ago, I had preordered the game and played for a couple weeks at release and then never looked at swtor again, lol. I did run some pvp at level 16 or something on my 1st merc back then and literally nothing has changed since then pvp wise.

I don't remember anything from warzones, it was all boring zerg maps, never played an arena, needless to say I didn't know how to play my class for the first week, there was a lot of toxicity, but also in the toxicity was a lot of people trying to help, telling me I'm using the wrong tactical, telling me to taunt, telling me to stealth out and regen etc, I fell to like 750 elo lowest, and now started playing a bit better and have climbed to almost 1100, this still isn't even bronze, I'm still not going to get any reward at the end of the season if I stopped playing right now for 780some games played because the pvp system is just shockingly ****. The system encourages you to make new pvp toons and que up at the same time as a few friends and have them throw the game if they manage to get into the opposing team so you can play 20 games and sit at 1500+ elo and never play that character again for the token reward in 6 months.

Tl;dr, to fix ranked the devs need to:

• Play their own game for a few weeks
  • Change ranked pvp tokens to pvp tokens and add them to unranked and increase the reward amount from ranked
  • Fix class balance, backfilling healers and 4 of the same class shouldn't happen, especially in ranked
  • Fix ELO matchmaking, having 500 elo players come into games with 1500 elo players is just pure big dumb (Obviously this is hard to fix because of the low population playing pvp in general)
  • Add rating decay, if you haven't played a ranked game in more than a week you start rapidly dropping elo
  • Add unranked arenas specifically to que for, for people who don't care for huttball or the other zerg gamemodes
  • Add new entry restrictions to ranked, such as, 50 unranked arenas played and valor 50, and requiring a set bonus
  • Cap the minimum rank to bronze, falling so far down the ELO drain that you can't climb out makes no sense

If people came into ranked with more of idea on how to play their class there would be less toxicity.

Weekdays ranked runs from like 4pm to 12am, and then there's no more chance to earn pvp tokens.

Weekends ranked runs from daily reset to 3am, if you're lucky, it normally starts an hour or 2 later and ends around 2am generally, and then there's no chance to earn pvp tokens again.

It makes NO SENSE to only have pvp tokens come from ranked, a game mode which is only running half of the time.

As it stands now you either play at prime time and get large warzone games where you don't learn your class, or you play at 3am and get unranked arenas, and don't learn to play your class because the games are constantly 3v4, or there's a healer on one team and there isn't on the other, or the skill balance is just so heavy on one side that the other side has no chance. So how are newer played supposed to learn their class? THEY HAVE TO PLAYED RANKED. That's it, in order to get better they have to play against people who are better than them but at the same time also have a team that aren't as bad as them, and the only place to find this without the clown fiesta games that you get in unranked, is in ranked.

Also why is the shop so *********** scuffed, selling items in boxes for huge amounts???? Let us buy the stuff we want seperately? Lol???

Tl;drtl;dr, Pvp in this game sucks big *** and needs to be completely reworked because it just doesn't make any sense. Other than a complete rework, removing ranked being the only source of pvp tokens and people will play unranked more and get better and maybe once they feel they are good enough can come into ranked, instead of HAVE to play ranked for the tokens and increasing the entry restrictions would be a good start.

Edited by Joshmans

The toxicity has always been there, its just more pronounced with even fewer folks participating.

So, what you are saying is the toxicity has become distilled and concentrated, and soon we will have toxicity in its purest form.

ranked players are toxic because for them ranked it is a bit like a competition, they take it very seriously, they don't want new or only new top levels otherwise it is insult and kick. there is only one thing that matters to them to be at the top level. ranked players are a small community outside and within swtors that requires nerve and class upgrading, for them ranked rewards are never good enough, and very few have played ranked compared to those in pve or in pvp reg.

ranked players are toxic because for them ranked it is a bit like a competition, they take it very seriously, they don't want new or only new top levels otherwise it is insult and kick. there is only one thing that matters to them to be at the top level. ranked players are a small community outside and within swtors that requires nerve and class upgrading, for them ranked rewards are never good enough, and very few have played ranked compared to those in pve or in pvp reg.

Most ranked players use cheats anyway so screw em. Small community of folks who have very lil skill other than the checkbook. If ya pvp in this game you need a life. Pvp here is crap.

• 2 weeks later...

That pretty easy to answer.

Most people on SWTOR who do PVP on regular basis are between 14 and 28.

People who do PvP on a regular basis tend to have a toxic mindset more than people who rather do PvE content.

Doesnt mean everyone is that way. In fact my guild is very child and very helpfull and patient.

But most people who seek out to fight other people online must have some % of toxic mindset to begin with.

Some do it completely drama free but those are rare and maybe only 10% of players are that way.

And people who actually want to harass or gank other people. guess what activity they chose in the game the most?

PvP!

Damn right.