New Star Wars Movies 2022 and beyond....

TonyTricicolo

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-movie-new-saga-setting-past-rumors/

So the rumor is that we're getting a series of movies based 400 years before the prequel trilogy. It might feature numerous amount of heroes including a young Yoda. It's not quite the Old Republic but it's the High Republic era with thousands of Jedi and Sith. Could build on the Darth Bane story and build up to the rise of Darth Plagueis and his apprentice Sheev Palpatine. Great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they come up with a better name than The High Republic, that's gonna be an ongoing joke for years. The meme's will be aplenty. Either way though, It'll be interesting to see how all this unfolds. Looking forward to some different characters and hopefully some good storytelling.

So the rumor is that we're getting a series of movies based 400 years before the prequel trilogy. It might feature numerous amount of heroes including a young Yoda. It's not quite the Old Republic but it's the High Republic era with thousands of Jedi and Sith. Could build on the Darth Bane story and build up to the rise of Darth Plagueis and his apprentice Sheev Palpatine. Great time to be a Star Wars fan.

This is still post-Rule of Two, will only be 2 Sith.

:eek:"The Sith have been extinct for a millennium"... ;)

The problem with the aforementioned rumors is that Disney itself has (so far...) declared that there will be one and only one Canon ...

... and ...

... this one and only Canon will be consisted from all the Star Wars movies and only these (them?)...

In SW:Ep.1;TPM one core character, namely Jedi Master Mace Windu (or Ki-Adi Mundi?!?) had declared -in front of not only Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, most probably his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi but also in front of the plenary session of the Jedi Council- during an official hearing of the Jedi Council itself that "The Sith have been extinct for a millennium". Nobody had objected that statement, only Jedi Master :csw_yoda: had remarked something like "Maybe they have returned...", thus confirming (indirectly but clearly) the full and indisputable validity of the aforementioned statement -in front of the Jedi Council and during an official hearing of that Councilt!

As SW:Ep.1;TPM is one of the aforementioned Star Wars movies, it should be considered as part of Disney's Canon. Regardless the vast majority of the fan-base should consider that movie as part of the Core Canon ... and it is pretty sure that a considerable portion of the fan-base (at least) does consider this George Lucas' movie as part of the Ultimate Canon, thus they would strongly react to such a violation of the Canon, at least the more ... stubborn, the most serious etc. It's not a very good thing -for such an expensive project- to have a considerable part of the fan-base declaring that Disney is mocking George Lucas' Star Wars legacy and its own declarations also!... :p

Perhaps they should erase (or ... modify) this statement for (in) all future editions of that movie but the problem will not be erased! Another solution would be to :wea_12: declare that SW:Ep.1;TPM is not an acceptable SW movie, in fact it is a SW blasphemy that should take its place in some sort of artistic bonfire!!... :csw_guard:

Accordingly, there weren't Sith at all for almost a millennium before the time of that Episode, namely before the Prequels, our desire to see again Master Yoda (remember his declared age) in action aside...

P.S.: hard times for Star Wars fans and ... not the most lucrative times for Star Wars :csw_fett: Bounty Hunters! In other words, let's quote George Lucas himself: The Studios are showing "an enormous lack of imagination and fear of creativity"...

Edited by cunctatorg

The problem with the aforementioned rumors is that Disney itself has (so far...) declared that there will be one and only one Canon ...

... and ...

... this one and only Canon will be consisted from all the Star Wars movies and only these (them?)...

In SW:Ep.1;TPM one core character, namely Jedi Master Mace Windu (or Ki-Adi Mundi?!?) had declared -in front of not only Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, most probably his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi but also in front of the plenary session of the Jedi Council- during an official hearing of the Jedi Council itself that "The Sith have been extinct for a millennium". Nobody had objected that statement, only Jedi Master :csw_yoda: had remarked something like "Maybe they have returned...", thus confirming (indirectly but clearly) the full and indisputable validity of the aforementioned statement -in front of the Jedi Council and during an official hearing of that Councilt!

As SW:Ep.1;TPM is one of the aforementioned Star Wars movies, it should be considered as part of Disney's Canon. Regardless the vast majority of the fan-base should consider that movie as part of the Core Canon ... and it is pretty sure that a considerable portion of the fan-base (at least) does consider this George Lucas' movie as part of the Ultimate Canon, thus they would strongly react to such a violation of the Canon, at least the more ... stubborn, the most serious etc. It's not a very good thing -for such an expensive project- to have a considerable part of the fan-base declaring that Disney is mocking George Lucas' Star Wars legacy and its own declarations also!... :p

Perhaps they should erase (or ... modify) this statement for (in) all future editions of that movie but the problem will not be erased! Another solution would be to :wea_12: declare that SW:Ep.1;TPM is a not acceptable SW movie, it is a SW blasphemy that should take its place in some sort of artistic bonfire!!... :p

Accordingly, there weren't Sith at all for almost a millennium before the time of that Episode, namely before the Prequels, our desire to see again Master Yoda (remember his declared age) in action aside...

P.S.: hard times for Star Wars fans and ... not the most lucrative times for Star Wars :csw_fett: Bounty Hunters! In other words, let's quote George Lucas himself: The Studios are showing "an enormous lack of imagination and fear of creativity"...

Your forgetting Yoda saying at the funeral for Qui Gonn I believe it was, that there were always 2 sith. One apprentice, and one master. Thus saying outright that the Sith weren't extinct at all.

Edited by Toraak

Your forgetting Yoda saying (at the funeral for Qui-Gon I believe it was) that there were always two Sith. One apprentice, and one master. Thus saying outright that the Sith weren't extinct at all.

Yoda had said -during that plenary session of the Jedi Council- something like "perhaps they have returned" and something about the Dark Side or so... He did state that, based on the Jedi knowledge during that session of the Jedi Council and his statement had confirmed the validity of the aforementioned statement ("The Sith have been extinct for a millennium") on the basis of "all" Jedi knowledge at that very moment.

The exact meaning of the aforementioned, indisputable statements clearly is that there wasn't any -known, at least to the present members of this plenary session of the Jedi Council- interaction between any Sith and someone else (including all Jedi) during one whole millennium before that moment.

However the Jedi had been informed from Qui-Gon Jinn

("Master Qui-Gon, more to say, have you?")

about that extremely serious incident on Tatooine (not on Naboo...) and his speculations, his own interpretation; thus they had decided to take the well -known measures in order to investigate that possibility.

After the ("eventual") events on Naboo -including the fight with that extremely well-trained and skillful Force User (known to us, the spectators and even the leaders of the Trade Federation as Darth Maul, the apprentice of Darth Sidious) and the killing of Qui-Gon by him- the Jedi realize that this extremely dangerous Force User (who had been clearly followed the path of the Dark Side) must be a Sith...

Therefore they understand by now that indeed the Sith have returned, Qui-Gon Jinn's speculation must have been correct, in fact it was (and is) - far beyond any reasonable doubt- valid...

Hence Yoda, fully convinced by then about all that, declares that there were exactly two Sith, a master and his apprentice; he says that to Mace Windu because they are both aware of the "Rule of Two", followed by the latest known Sith more than a millennium ago...

In other words, only then Yoda realizes that the Sith weren't extinct at all during the past millennium!...

However these members of the Jedi Council are ignoring other facts also, the aforementioned facts -known to the leaders of the Trade Federation- aside; in fact they ignore any involvement (or whatever) of Jedi Master Sifo-Dias with the Sith, they also ignore everything regarding any past, present of future contact of Count Dooku with "the remaining Sith"...

The bottom line is that if some Jedi had met (somehow...) any Sith during that past millennium, this Jedi wasn't Master Yoda... Neither Yoda nor his peers at the Jedi Council have been aware of any incident like that.

However some Jedi might had encountered some Sith during that millennium but this encounter (or whatever) never became known to the vast majority of the other Jedi... Therefore that probable story-line seems (to me) insufficient for the making of -at least- a whole Trilogy...

Edited by cunctatorg

Knights of the High Republic? We're going to see Yoda in his earlier days doing lines of spice while sipping on green milk? :csw_yoda:

And here's the first one I've seen. Perfect! :)

I really hope Disney puts some thought into the name, especially with how pc they are. The High Republic goes live, and this will never get old. :D

And here's the first one I've seen. Perfect! :)

I really hope Disney puts some thought into the name, especially with how pc they are. The High Republic goes live, and this will never get old. :D

Don't you worry Mr Pirana ... I'm going to get the spice into the Jedi Temple! Hmmm ... now where do I hide it?

All licensed products are canon. They made a bunch of prequel books. There is a count dooku audiobook that is very nicely done and is mostly about Dooku's life as a Jedi. So you maybe right.

However with Solo and the sequel trilogy changing hyperspace canon in the way that it did. It maybe better to start with the Great Hyperspace War. Already in the new canon (Disney has been focused since 2015 on fleshing out the after and between New Hope and Empire in the comics, novels, and battlefront I and II covers empire and prequel era. The main campaign for battlefron II which I think is good is focused on Return of the Jedi so far. Iden Versio's backstory covers from Rogue One to sequel period. Early days of the Empire for Video Games and also Comics. Jedi Fallen Order is supported by the Vader Comics all part of Disney Canon Timeline.

The 2020 comics time period is just before and during Empire Strikes Back. They are planning on adding Reven to canon since he was supposedly in ROS (Ive only seen the China cut so far. The only force ghost not completely blurred was a luke skywalker scene. ) its a shame Daisy Ridley forsook her character because she didnt want to go with the future Disney + episodic content that can release a story over a longer period of time and redeem her halfassed written but very well acted chatacter. I would have liked to see a Disney + show with Rey on Dagobah or something and Luke's Force Ghost giving her actual training with a cameo appearance of Yoda and Qui Gon giving advice. Maybe even having Ian from shameless make an appearance with his Jedi character also helping rebuild the Jedi Order.

This Star Wars Universe building is going strong in 2020. Maybe we will start seeing more old republic comics, novels or video games. As there was a stink about Revan being made canon.

... and ...

Incorrect. Licensed products are also considered canon. All Marvel Comics Del Rey (penguin house too) and EA titles made after the Disney Acquisition are canon.

They released a Count Dooku audio drama that is the cannon on his Jedi training, how he became a Count ultimately leaving the Jedi Order. Dooku was one of Yoda's apprentices and Master to Qui Gon. Dooku's former apprentice got him interested in prophecies as Dooku was interested in them early on. Dooku was also friends and a Crech mate of Siphodias. Who he manipulated into making the clone army. The first Jedi to come into contact with the Sith is Dooku. As part of his plan to create the Galactic Empire. Thats all Disney Canon not part of the movies.

The people saying Disney is making a mockery of Star Wars also probably was only into the movies and not the extended canon which really didnt take off until the early 90's. A lot of "Star Wars Fans" especially in the Fandom Menace seemed to be ignorant of Lucas Canon outside of the movies. Some just now playing KOTOR for the first time.

While the sequel trilogy was in part Disney intentionally making it bad as solo and rogue one was better movies. TGA was JJ harnessing his copy paste style of reboot. TLJ was Rian being mad JJ's gf also Rian's wife was mad at JJ. And RoS was edited to fix some outrage. (Although I would like to see the JJ cut) i think that was more to say we do comics, cartoons, tv shows right maybe the trilogy movie format is something we cant do. (Disney has said something like that recently) Lucas said it was never bound by that format. I think the sequel trilogy was Darth Mickey getting Lucas to consult on it thus making Lucas an employee. Darth Mickey wanted Lucas. Now hes on the set of the Mandalorian consulting and training Faverau.

2020 the comics are going to cover Empire. They already made stuff fleshing out Rey's character as far as comics and shorts before TFA which has endeared myself to the character. Hopefully they do more rey comics minus the Feminist SJW ideology Rian injected into it. I deny TFA beyond marketing had that. I also deny Rey was a Mary Sue. As untrained force users could do simple stuff like call a lightsaber. And her growing up on Jakku scavenging huge crumbling capital ships more than likely she has used her innate force connection to save herself more than once. Every force user after the great purge had to teach themselves control and suppression of powers as the inquitors were hunting them all down. I think the anger was more towards the marketing itself. I think the ideology seen isnt exactly there. But when the marketing and insane hateful people that would rival the sith tried to make it seem like it was woke. Thats where the anger came from. That and they were probably only into the movies not really the EU. As both sides bash legends unless it suits them. Especially when you try to communicate a lot of legends concepts about the force is making it into Disney with the complexity of the force being dumbed down because stupid ppl look down at star wars as something made for kids and not something made for all ages.

Edited by enkilleridos

• 2 weeks later...

I'd personally rather have a set of movies based around the Mandalorian Wars or even all the way back to the Great Hyperspace War. I'd love to see Naga Sadow get shown off in a movie or two. Plus it'd be cool to actually see the Sith race itself have a trilogy. If you're going to do a real prequel trilogy then take it all the way back to probably the most important time period and war in galactic history.

Plus a Hyperspace War movie or movies also sets up the planet Ossus as perhaps the most important planet in the galaxy. Then that planet can be then used in future movies and spin offs as a connecting thread.

Nice of you to fantasize, but the Star Wars franchise is doomed ....

There won't any nice movie.. with beautiful storytelling, nice characters and development of those chars. there also won't be any good storyline....

Star Wars to Disney is just a big fat cow they can milk money from. All we gonna get is epic blockbuster movies with nice special effects, lots of shooting and overall shallow everything .

This new trilogy already suffered because of this and I don't see them caring about something that was never theirs to begin with .

I mean KOTOR2 's writing and storytelling alone destroys all these new movies and we are talking about a video game. I also believe that Disney will just **** on most Star Wars lore and will want to reinvent things their way.

I beg to differ. Disney cares about its image and the new sequels hit them hard. Fallen Order, The Mandalorian, and the last season of The Clone Wars are starting to sway fans back. Their streaming service will include Obi wan and Cassian Andor stories. The goal is to eventually intertwine all content in a super expanded universe like the MCU. That is something to look forward to. Edited by TonyTricicolo

There won't any nice movie.. with beautiful storytelling, nice characters and development of those chars. There also won't be any good storyline....

Star Wars to Disney is just a big fat cow they can milk money from. All we gonna get is epic blockbuster movies with nice special effects, lots of shooting and overall shallow everything .

This new trilogy already suffered because of this and I don't see them caring about something that was never theirs to begin with .

I mean KOTOR2 's writing and storytelling alone destroys all these new movies and we are talking about a video game. I also believe that Disney will just **** on most Star Wars lore and will want to reinvent things their way.

:(Well said; I am afraid that you have foreseen the future...

Had Disney planned to deliver a really great work of Star Wars art and, simultaneously, a really lucrative (the irony!!...) Trilogy, it would have paid primarily for great stories from different professional story-writers and, secondary, from capable screen-writers. Hence it should plan to create a tank of overall stories in order to make the best choices...

The story and only that should be their first priority.

Directors, screen-writers and all should be only the second priority; let's say ... last but not least...

Alas, I watched (lately...) the expressions and the faces of both Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger and I ... ain't pretty sure that they are the types of guys who would care (or give a ****) for a certain Mario Puzzo, a certain ... Quentin Tarantino (of a SW Galaxy) or a certain Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg...

Not to mention a certain George Lucas!...

Edited by cunctatorg

There won't any nice movie.. with beautiful storytelling, nice characters and development of those chars. there also won't be any good storyline....

Unfortunately, I think you're right on the money. Notably the part in bold.

I'm not nearly so pessimistic.

Disney has produced excellent SW stories (Rogue One, Rebels, The Mandalorian).

The primary culprit i think actually isn't Disney at all, but rather Kathleen Kennedy at Lucasfilm. All the politicization in the ST (and questionable casting in Solo) can be traced back to her.

Personally I'd be delighted if they just kicked KK to the curb and gave her spot to Dave Filoni. Even if they don't though, she generally doesn't seem to involve herself in "side projects" and so I think there is still quite a bit to look forward to.

I'm not nearly so pessimistic.

Disney has produced excellent SW stories (Rogue One, Rebels, The Mandalorian).

The primary culprit i think actually isn't Disney at all, but rather Kathleen Kennedy at Lucasfilm. All the politicization in the ST (and questionable casting in Solo) can be traced back to her.

Personally I'd be delighted if they just kicked KK to the curb and gave her spot to Dave Filoni. Even if they don't though, she generally doesn't seem to involve herself in "side projects" and so I think there is still quite a bit to look forward to.

What has "politicization" nonsense to do with actual problems of the sequel trilogy being lack of coherent vision, few original ideas or direction and two directors trying too hard to retcon each others' ideas?

What has "politicization" nonsense to do with actual problems of the sequel trilogy being lack of coherent vision, few original ideas or direction and two directors trying too hard to retcon each others' ideas?

And who do you think was behind Rian Johnson? He was the one who deviated from the original plan (they plotted out the whole trilogy before even starting, and he decided he didn't want to do what was set out). And yet KK has stated she "loved what Rian did" and the story needed to "move forward and remain relevant"

She has the power to sack directors if she doesn't approve of their vision (see Colin Trevorrow and Ep IX)

So if you don't mind the politicization (aka "remaining relevant"), then you can still find plenty more examples of her dropping the ball.

And who do you think was behind Rian Johnson? He was the one who deviated from the original plan (they plotted out the whole trilogy before even starting, and he decided he didn't want to do what was set out). And yet KK has stated she "loved what Rian did" and the story needed to "move forward and remain relevant"

She has the power to sack directors if she doesn't approve of their vision (see Colin Trevorrow and Ep IX)

So if you don't mind the politicization (aka "remaining relevant"), then you can still find plenty more examples of her dropping the ball.

Obviously there's plenty of reasons to sack her, but both Rian and JJ share the blame here if not more. She is not a storyteller or director, so in the end, the final artistic result is primarly up to the director(s). And they both did many things wrong. Edited by Pietrastor

The whole situation may not be extremely complicated, however it is enough complicated...

First of all, these five movies (the three SW Episodes, Rogue One and Solo) have grossed more than a total of 6 (six) billions with a total budget of almost one billion (dollars) or one and a half billion dollars - if we make the conjecture, that is, that they spent about a total of half a billion dollars for promotion and such... :rolleyes:

Second, SW undoubtedly survived (so far...) Kathleen Kennedy and her leadership of Lucas Arts; there is a solid fan-base of many spectators (including a lot of -nowadays- children ... and their parents) which could guarantee one billion dollars gross -at least- per new Episode...

Third; these "Generals" also made quite an ... achievement; though TFA alone had grossed more than two billions, the last Episode grossed essentially the half, a little bit more than one billion!!...

The bottom line ... imho; now Bob Iger, Kathleen Kennedy and the other Disney top-guys can address the Disney heavy share-holders and speak something like the following words:

Well, Disney is -so far- this and that and that's that.

We took the responsibility to create and deliver these three Episodes and more and, simultaneously, we didn't mess with Disney's fundamental philosophy and the, already existing, main principles, its direction. Namely we delivered a narrow-themed, not-original, naive enough but "touching" and spectacular-"colorful" Trilogy which was about an essentially moral-religious -and therefore "neutral"- conceptual core. Nothing more, nothing less...

And we did all that without deliver a fatal blow to LucasArts, on the contrary we are today in position to declare that we managed to make enough profits, "equalize" and keep fully alive (of course) the LucasArts investment of yours!

However we had -in return- some well-known issues with a large part of the fan-base, of many critics and all; in return because the Company's direction is obviously quite different from George StarWars Lucas' visions... In addition we might skip profits of almost two billions, however we didn't mess with Disney's directions and these two billions could be considered as the financial part of the price of that all-important consistency...

From now on, the future is up to you!...

You could decide to keep following mostly the same pattern ...

... OR ...

... to sail for unknown waters; to set some (unknown) visions and ideas in motion, to investigate new territories and such.

However this is fully equivalent with a clear change of direction, at ... least with respect to the LucasArts branch of Disney!!... We are well aware of the fact that StarWars are inherently about philosophy, politics, ideology and history but these issues are quite ... delicate, very subtle, fluid and ... cursed from top to bottom; nevertheless they are out of the existing Disney's policy.

As an example Bob Iger made a lot of (vain?) efforts to establish contact with the Chinese markets, a future giant of a market; however Chinese are quite skeptical, they may believe that the (evil) Sith can be considered as natural-born enemies of the U.S. political regime, they (the Sith) are obviously in full favor of totalitarianism and such. Chinese leaders are fully in favor of Confucius' ... "Philosophers-Kings" and the Chinese audiences are afraid that the evil Sith are an artistic representation of the efficient ... communists! At the opposite side, the U.S. and European audiences are in favor of Representative Democracy, elections, freedom of speech and freedom of critics and they would (most probably) hate any compromise of these ideals and any attempt to make a ... marriage between, say, Thomas Jefferson's ideas and Plato's "Republic" with its "Philosophers-Kings" acting as the Epitome of Dark Councils... Furthermore any co-production of Disney's movies of that kind with Chinese Companies is an utterly delicate (if not questionable) issue...

As another example, any Godfather project is obviously a stranger to Disney's actual visions; however George Lucas' latest Trilogy (TPM, AotC and TRoS) are about a comparable, "scaled" Tragedy...

Well, we have spoken a lot , we made ourselves clear enough and the bottom line is that this very heavy -and equally risky- task is up to you! How to, when, where and all is up to you... Period.

That said, I have to add that I liked a lot the core (and only the core) of the very last Episode, I understood why it grossed only the half of that "empty explosion" of TFA and I missed very much George Lucas' creativity; moreover he had a lot of ... "what to tell"... and he certainly knew how to do it; however SW;Ep. III, RotS (2005) was also rushed!!... :) Compared, that is, to Episodes I and II.

SW;KotOR2;TSL was also great and greatest!!

Perhaps I will miss really good StarWars, after all it's a very demanding project.

Edited by cunctatorg

And here i thought Disney was to blame for the politization and political correctness in the new Disney movies. It is now their property after all and they can do what they please with it. I just wonder what about all those novels written by writers based on Star Wars before the Disney take over. To have all their hard work just thrown in the trash bin. I wonder how they feel about it. I especially like those ones where an alien race tries to conquer the galaxy and they are immune to the Force, Well that is just me i guess.