The Art of Warfare (TAW) - Empire/Republic Recruiting for PvP/PvE

mrklove

Last Updated: 02/23/2015

The Art of Warfare (TAW) is a premier online multi-gaming community that has been around since 2001, with more than 2500 members playing over 20 games of all genres. In SWTOR we have been around since launch and have four healthy guilds: <TAW Republic>, <TAW Empire>, <Republic of TAW>, and <Empire of TAW>. We are a large community of players and our guilds are strongly grounded in teamwork and friendship. Every member is treated equally and with respect, and we have a diverse community with people coming from all walks of life. We maintain a social, family-friendly atmosphere and we hold our members to a high standard of conduct. No matter what your interests are, whether you are casual, hardcore, or something in between, you’ll find what you’re looking for here.

---

What we offer:

• Structured and organized guilds

• Stable leadership with plenty of volunteer opportunities

• A large, active, friendly population on both factions

• A safe space for all people, enforced by a strong code of ethics

• Opportunities to join teams for other games that TAW offers

• Guild Flagships on both factions

• Full 10% reputation and experience bonuses

• A large teamspeak 3 server,
website, and a stocked guild bank

• Multiple teams on both factions

• Fun weekly events

• Visits by developers Jeff Hickman, Eric Musco, and Bruce Maclean

Requirements:

Teamspeak 3 and a microphone

• Be at least 15 years old and have a mature attitude

• Complete an
application and orientation

• Attend weekly guild meetings on Sundays at 9pm EST

• Believe in and follow our established
CODE OF ETHICS

---

Recruitment Status: OPEN to all levels, classes, and interests

---

Our People:

Full Roster

Empire Ops: Contact: Croakker@taw.net

Atomic Bunnies (8): Mon/Tues/Thurs 8:30pm-10:30pm EST

Born on Belsavis (8): Mon 9pm-11pm, Tues/Thurs 8pm-11pm EST

Imperial Military Prowess (8): Mon/Fri 8:15-10:15pm EST

Shots Fired (8): Tues/Thurs 11:30pm-1:30am EST

Republic Ops: Contact: Trublu@taw.net

Group Therapy (8): Tues/Thurs 9pm-11pm EST 2/5 HM Rav 1/5 HM ToS

Malachor's Requiem (8): Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat 9pm-11pm EST 1/5 HM Rav

Nerf Riders (8): Wed/Fri/Sat 9pm-11pm EST

Wookiee Time (8): Mon/Tues/Thurs 8:30pm-11pm EST 3/5 HM Rav 3/5 HM ToS

Empire PvP: Contact: Fixitup@taw.net

Forming Now!

Republic PvP: Contact: Adanu@taw.net

The Grey Hawks: Mon/Tues 8:30pm-11:30pm EST [Ranked]

Havoc Squad: Mon/Fri 10:30pm-11:30pm EST [Regs]

Greenhorns: Mon/Wed/Fri 8pm-9pm EST [Regs]

Empire GSF: Contact: Nosvirna@taw.net

Turkey Shoot: Fri 9pm-11pm EST

Republic GSF: Contact: Lithium@taw.net

Rogue Squadron: Thurs 9pm-11pm EST

---

Conquest Progress:

Planets Conquered: Voss, Oricon, Taris, Belsavis, Tatooine, Quesh, Corellia, The Black Hole, Alderaan, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa, Balmorra

Last 10 Conquest Events:

Revenge of the Revanites: Oricon #1, Section X #4

Death Mark: Nar Shaddaa #3, Makeb #2

Titans of Industry: CZ-198 #2, The Black Hole #8

The Trade Emporium: CZ-198 #3, Makeb #3

Revenge of the Revanites: Section X #2, Yavin IV #3

Death Mark: Tatooine #4, Makeb #4

Total Galactic War: Balmorra #1, Ilum #2

Rakghoul Resurgence: Corellia: Nar Shaddaa #10, Corellia #4

Titans of Industry: Black Hole #6, CZ-198 #3

The Trade Emporium: Makeb #2, CZ-198 #2

---

General questions/concerns? Contact our Division Staff: QuigonJinnNJuice@taw.net or Zoloft@taw.net

Empire-specific questions? Contact our Empire Commanding Officer: Becmacde@taw.net

Republic-specific questions? Contact our Republic Commanding Officer: Cerjio@taw.net

---

More Info:

Our Website

Previous Recruiting Thread

TORWars.com Spotlight

Corellian Run Community Checkpoint Highlighted Guild

---

Ready to join our family? Apply Here

Edited by mrklove

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a great community going over here, and experienced and helpful players. We truly are a guild that strives to do it all, from being active and competitive on the ranked scene to having a high performing progression team. Regardless of your interests in the game we have a community to support you and challenge you.

For republic side I'd love to recruit in some more people interested in PVE particularly. We'd like to push our progression team to 16man as we're working on farming HM TFB & S&V getting geared and ready for NiM. Would like some skilled heals and DPS (preferably ranged). We're also looking at expanding our structured raids with a group gearing and potentially a late night group working on hard modes as well. Tuesday Thursdays are our main days, however we also have a lot of people with alts that will raid randomly throughout the week. Feel free to PM me, email me at QuiGonJinnNJuice@taw.net or shoot me an ingame mail on Andrik or Quohrin (pub side) or Zagdarr (imp side) I'd love to talk to you or run some stuff sometime!

ALSO In exciting news, Republic side downed the Writhing Horror in Nightmare Mode as an 8man, so congratulations on that and looking forward to continuing progression!

Bumping this because these guys are awesome and if you want a friendly, helpful, fun environment to play in you should REALLY give these guys a look. This is the first guild out of the 5 that I've been in where I actually feel comfortable and welcome.

If you are looking for people to level with and experienced players to learn from, join us. If you are an end-game raider who wants to progress through content, join us. If you want to join a RWZ team that's filling up quickly and getting their feet wet in the scene, join us. If you want to lead a team but don't want the hassle of starting a new guild, join us. If you want to feel fulfilled in your guild, no matter what aspect of the game you enjoy, join us. Welcome.

Hey guys, I'm a returning TAW member. Used to be in the guild on Age of Conan for quite some bit. I was wondering if you guys were on The Bastion by any chance? I would love to rejoin with the guild I knew and loved.

Must say that generally the experience with TAW has been excellent. Their players typically have great attitudes and fight out every PvP bout to the very end.

However, I had a bad experience with a player wearing the Empire of TAW tag today. Llayne was the name. This players poor attitude and lack of a desire to play really misrepresented TAW I believe. Anyways, best of luck to you and hopefully you don't have any other bad seeds in your midst.

Oh man, that is really unfortunate to hear. :-( Sorry that one of our members wasn't up to par in terms of behavior. The officers will have a talk with him and hopefully it'll all get straightened out. Thanks for letting us know.

We're on Prophecy of the Five, but if you're willing to transfer or re-roll, we would love to have you!

Well, sadly, my friends and I rolled on the Bastion and my current Sith Assassin is level 26 and I don't want to reroll nor do I have the money to pay for a transfer :/

Ran across your imp raid on dreadtooth while on my shadow, didn't last long :p interested in joining on my assassin though. Quick question, is there any world pvp actions the guild frowns upon? I usually like starting fights in the black hole/section x between ques. Only reason I ask is I have had people complain to guild leader's about me (Hasn't happened yet in swtor but in previous MMOs I have played it was an issue)

The only thing we ask is that you don't kill any TAW members of the opposite faction. If you're on your assassin, <Republic of TAW> people are off-limits, and if you're on your shadow, <Empire of TAW> people are off-limits. Other than that, go nuts! In fact, we've had world pvp fireteam leaders in the past, so if you're really into it, good hunting. Go get those achievements! Edited by DocZoloft

The only thing we ask is that you don't kill any TAW members of the opposite faction. If you're on your assassin, <Republic of TAW> people are off-limits, and if you're on your shadow, <Empire of TAW> people are off-limits. Other than that, go nuts! In fact, we've had world pvp fireteam leaders in the past, so if you're really into it, good hunting. Go get those achievements!

you had me at "world pvp fireteam", app submitted

This past Sunday, July 21, we had an awesome guild event on Hoth. <Empire of TAW> squared off against <Republic of TAW> in an all out death match. It was a great event. We had a ton of participation and it was a good time. I'd like to thank everyone that participated and thank everyone for letting me be a part of it. Also, to anyone looking for ranked pvp teams, both <Empire of TAW> and <Republic of TAW> have ranked teams and are actively queuing throughout the week. The <Empire of TAW> nearly has enough participation for two ranked teams.

Ran across your imp raid on dreadtooth while on my shadow, didn't last long :p interested in joining on my assassin though. Quick question, is there any world pvp actions the guild frowns upon? I usually like starting fights in the black hole/section x between ques. Only reason I ask is I have had people complain to guild leader's about me (Hasn't happened yet in swtor but in previous MMOs I have played it was an issue)

I may or may not have been the marauder smashing your face in XD

We're always recruiting, I am Empire of Taw's Ranked Pvp Fire team Leader, we're currently recruiting to fill a second team and flush out roles. we do have an abundance of assassins and sorcs, but more couldn't hurt. We are in heavy need of marauders, juggs(tank or rage), mercs, and operatives.

Anyone interested can feel free to contact me in game or via email at Opherium@taw.net

I am on most nights after 5PM Server time. In game name is Zorníg the í is alt+0237

Happy Hunting

We have such a great community. The gaming world can be a nasty and alienating place. TAW is a large home with a solid foundation that helps insulate you from most of it. We care for each other even if we fight. I recently was in team speak and heard an opposite faction sniper talking smack about smash in PvP, so I quietly logged and found him in huttball, after I smashed him he realized it was me and we had a really fun match fighting each other and playing huttball, we learned from each other to. You tend to find a lot of players who act like hot shots and badmouth people and sometimes they are downright horrible to you and others but where it really counts - interaction and fun - they fail the test every time and they give their guilds a bad reputation. You won't find that here, I urge you to Join TAW! Edited by mrklove

Shameless bump!!^

We nearly have two full ranked teams going. We have a very active pvp presence and have 4 man groups going nearly every day. So if you're interested in joining an awesome guild with a friendly atmosphere and plenty of people to pvp with or interested in ranked pvp, check us out. We will be pvp'ing Mon, Wed, and Fri nights officially for ranked. Check the links in my signature for more information.