A **** NPC option please?

MarcusBnaud

My spacebar is begging for relief! Please for the love of all that is holy, put in a skip npc nonsense option. glad you spent all that money on it, good for you, but I didnt buy the game for the voice overs..... please. Edited by MarcusBnaud

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
...If you're just going to skip everything why even play the game? O.o

First of all, I wasn't trolling. Second, I dunno, I bought the game to enjoy the actual game, not waste my time listening to npcs spout on endlessly.... Guess I got the wrong game.

Space barring is really only "valid" in two instances:

1) when repeatedly running FP to farm for gear and everyone has run it multiple times

2) when dealing with that irritating pause from toons that don't speak in basic where it just ....hangs....for like five seconds.

Beyond that, if you don't like story, then much of the attraction of the game is probably lost.

My spacebar is begging for relief! Please for the love of all that is holy, put in a skip npc nonsense option. glad you spent all that money on it, good for you, but I didnt buy the game for the voice overs..... please.

lol I have to agree with you Marcus.

At first it was pretty cool, but it gets old fast, especially when you are doing dailies and the like.

I don't mind them for the main quest lines and welcome them in that capacity. But when you have to wade through page after page of useless commentary for every single thing you do it becomes irritating.

There is a "Skip all movies" option but I never tried it. Figured it was opening, cutscene stuff.

For NPC and trash quests, you'll have to SB through. You can zip through fast. I'd like to just have a "Yeah yeah how many X's of Y do I kill?" option right off the bat though.

Heroics should have a marker on the NPC too, so i don't have to SB through their jargon before dropping.

The Wadsworth Constant. The first 30% of anything is filler and can easily be skipped if you REALLY want to sit through every single sidequest dialogue tree. Otherwise, just skip through it all! The storyline is a different story, (hah!) but sidequests are purely filler.

It always goes like this.

NPC: Oh no, a bad thing happened!

Player: Oh no, something bad happened to you!/Sniveling worm!

NPC: My name is X. I do Y for Z, but A came and now I can't do Y and Z will be upset.

Player: I must help you!/Are you offering credits?/You're a weak, pathetic fool.

NPC: If you can do X for me at Y, I'll give you Z!

Player: Elaborate on your plan

NPC: I will now overly explain what is essentially a fetch quest, or something asking you to kill a bunch of crap.

Player: Accept/refuse quest.

Occasionally,

NPC: First go talk to NPC #2.

*trot trot*

NPC #2: I am NPC #2. I'm only here to provide an opposite alignment outcome to this quest, though you essentially do the exact same thing anyway.

Almost EVERY SINGLE sidequest dialogue tree goes like this. The story dialogue trees are usually great because they pertain to you and your character, but all the sidquests are nothing more than NPCs whining because Jabba the Sith Consular pissed on their parade.

Just skip sidequest dialogue, read the Codex entry. Saves you time.

I give Bioware credit for at least attempting to make fetch quests entertaining (even though I do recall them disowning fetch quests, hmm...) but it's simply impossible.

Edited by LopretniMM

Space barring is really only "valid" in two instances:

1) when repeatedly running FP to farm for gear and everyone has run it multiple times

2) when dealing with that irritating pause from toons that don't speak in basic where it just ....hangs....for like five seconds.

Beyond that, if you don't like story, then much of the attraction of the game is probably lost.

Space barring is valid any damn time someone wants to use it.

I use it because I read faster then the mediocre hacks they hired as voice talent can dribble their lines out.

There is one to "auto skip movies" under preferences, but I dont think that works for NPC conversations.

I suggest trying that if you have not done so.

It only skips the opening cinematicss, a.k.a. movies.

Edited by Zorvan

i wish there was an option to skip posts like this in the forums...

There is a pretty obvious one.

Agree that an option should be added to preferences to allow skipping of the scenes. Too slow, too boring, to much of an interruption in the game.

It's funny seeing the battle between the Bioware RPG fans, and the MMO fans. We have very different views on what we consider fun. Can this game make both happy?

Put me in the prior group. The idea of replaying the same quest more then once is completely foreign to me. It ruins the story in my mind. To each his own I guess.

It's funny seeing the battle between the Bioware RPG fans, and the MMO fans. We have very different views on what we consider fun. Can this game make both happy?

Well, it's really more, the people who play video games and the people who worship the ground Bioware walk on and believe that Bioware can never do any kind of wrong and they're perfect in every conceivable way.

The former group does break up quite a bit. The MMORPG fan, the RPG fan, the casual, the hardcore PvPer, the player with a critical eye, etc. But the drones will always be drones.

I use it because I read faster then the mediocre hacks they hired as voice talent can dribble their lines out.
BioWare employs the best voice actors available today. If you think they are "hacks," then you simply do not enjoy voice acting, as there is no better. If you do not enjoy voice acting, please cancel your subscription and move on to whining about "all of this PvP" in Guild Wars 2 or "what's with all of these stupid ships?" in EVE.

BioWare employs the best voice actors available today. If you think they are "hacks," then you simply do not enjoy voice acting, as there is no better. If you do not enjoy voice acting, please cancel your subscription and move on to whining about "all of this PvP" in Guild Wars 2 or "what's with all of these stupid ships?" in EVE.

The voice acting is generally well done (especially when Lance Henrickson does it ^^) BUT even the best can get old after having to hear it for the 12th, 13th time.

I don't think anyone is opposed to the main story line having voice acting where the characters and plot is fresh and interesting. But adding it to every aspect of the game is where the problem comes in, as no one wants to listen to the same conversation over and over again.

Bio Ware went overboard with it. It was a nice addition, but overly utilized.

Edited by JeremyDale

I miss a nice simple quest text box you could quickly click accept on and be on your way. Sadly now we have to listen to some diatribe, and make decisions and stuff.

How many X of Y do I need to kill, and where is the assigned gold circle on my map to do it in already.

The Wadsworth Constant. The first 30% of anything is filler and can easily be skipped if you REALLY want to sit through every single sidequest dialogue tree. Otherwise, just skip through it all! The storyline is a different story, (hah!) but sidequests are purely filler.

It always goes like this.

NPC: Oh no, a bad thing happened!

Player: Oh no, something bad happened to you!/Sniveling worm!

NPC: My name is X. I do Y for Z, but A came and now I can't do Y and Z will be upset.

Player: I must help you!/Are you offering credits?/You're a weak, pathetic fool.

NPC: If you can do X for me at Y, I'll give you Z!

Player: Elaborate on your plan

NPC: I will now overly explain what is essentially a fetch quest, or something asking you to kill a bunch of crap.

Player: Accept/refuse quest.

Occasionally,

NPC: First go talk to NPC #2.

*trot trot*

NPC #2: I am NPC #2. I'm only here to provide an opposite alignment outcome to this quest, though you essentially do the exact same thing anyway.

Almost EVERY SINGLE sidequest dialogue tree goes like this. The story dialogue trees are usually great because they pertain to you and your character, but all the sidquests are nothing more than NPCs whining because Jabba the Sith Consular pissed on their parade.

Just skip sidequest dialogue, read the Codex entry. Saves you time.

I give Bioware credit for at least attempting to make fetch quests entertaining (even though I do recall them disowning fetch quests, hmm...) but it's simply impossible.

THIS.

I think its pretty cool in the whole idea of class quest. But not on every damn quest.

I miss a nice simple quest text box you could quickly click accept on and be on your way. Sadly now we have to listen to some diatribe, and make decisions and stuff.

How many X of Y do I need to kill, and where is the assigned gold circle on my map to do it in already.

There are still quest boxes... dailies. :D