Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca
10.03.2012 , 01:05 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm sorry, but I need to comment...

I've run this program since it was first released. Honestly, if you can't uninstall it, you REALLY shouldn't have installed it to begin with. I swear by this program and have NEVER had any issue with it.

There are requirements, there are setting you need to select...but it's ALL explained and simple.
Thanks for your support
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis
Dev de : SWTOR Unleashed (FR) - augmente la fluidité de SWTOR
Dev of : SWTOR Unleashed (US) - raises SWTOR fluidity

DarthVitrial
10.03.2012 , 06:19 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by exca View Post
Try to delete your configuration file (swtorunleashed.xml), relaunch and try again.
Haven't fully tested, but that seems to have fixed it, thanks.

exca
10.04.2012 , 06:36 PM | #103
bumping
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis

btcorrad
10.06.2012 , 09:01 PM | #104
This sounds like a great product. I haven't tested it myself because I use ISBoxer in order to run 2 clients on one machine (One actively gaming; one for crew skilling/GTN activities).

Is it safe to believe that this utility would not work with my current configuration? (Given that I have to launch my pair of clients from ISBoxer, preventing my ability to launch from your application)

Do you have any idea how I could make this work?

If not, I'm still happy to bump your thread for great Justice!

Telsnow
10.07.2012 , 12:01 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm sorry, but I need to comment...

I've run this program since it was first released. Honestly, if you can't uninstall it, you REALLY shouldn't have installed it to begin with. I swear by this program and have NEVER had any issue with it.

There are requirements, there are setting you need to select...but it's ALL explained and simple.
Not everyone is super savvy with computers. Just because you are a fan boy doesnt mean they shouldnt have included directions for uninstalling it.

Telsnow
10.07.2012 , 12:11 AM | #106
Wow, you did it the "hard way" dude
To uninstall it, start it, do "remove and quit" to just disable any trace of it. Then delete the folder and uninstall imdisk. It's that simple.
When I did that, I was getting an error message when trying to launch the game and was unable to log into the game, so I had to reinstall and do it the "hard way".

PS : I'm pretty curious of what you disliked about it. To me, all users I saw disliking it, just misused it. Maybe I can explain you how to make it usefull and easy if you explain me your configuration (computer, operating system, total ram, swtor unleashed settings...) here or in private message.

Regards
I dont like the wait times: waiting for Unleashed to load, waiting to log in, waiting to swap characters, waiting to load a planet or flash point. The increased load times are not worth the extra five frames a second when I was already running over 60 fps on average. I'm sure its great for others and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for them, but its just not for me.

exca
10.07.2012 , 01:13 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Telsnow View Post
When I did that, I was getting an error message when trying to launch the game and was unable to log into the game, so I had to reinstall and do it the "hard way".
That is because you forgot to click on "remove and quit" before trying to uninstall it. I'm 99.99% sure about it since this does the same thing than the "manual remove" you did, but in one easy click.

Quote: Originally Posted by Telsnow View Post
I dont like the wait times: waiting for Unleashed to load, waiting to log in, waiting to swap characters, waiting to load a planet or flash point. The increased load times are not worth the extra five frames a second when I was already running over 60 fps on average. I'm sure its great for others and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for them, but its just not for me.
This first waiting time is normal, since you need to copy files from your hard drive to RAM (those same files you will have to do so when playing the game). It's better to wait a few seconds when launching the game launcher than in the middle of the action creating huge FPS drops.
If you experienced anything slower than usual when using unleashed, it's because you misconfigured it, it's that plain, simple and frustrating I can understand it. If you ever want to have a good experience with it you can post me the informations I asked you.

Also when talking about those 5 more FPS you got... meaning you upped from 60 to 65 FPS.... please understand it's not the main SWTOR Unleashed goal. Rather it will make you go from : 60FPS with drops to 10 or 15FPS .... to 65FPS with drops to 45FPS which is a lot more fluid. Also you will be able if it's not already the case to raise your graphical options (because textures etc ... will load like 100 times faster).

bumrar
10.08.2012 , 05:21 AM | #108
Fantastic!! Fleet FPS no longer drops to being like a slide show for me, now just need to find which assets are for the war zones as I'm limited to what I can select.

HiddenPalm
10.09.2012 , 03:46 PM | #109
This looks really promising. I have a question or two as this is the first time I'm seeing this.

Can I install "SWTOR Unleashed" in my second hdd, rather than my main C drive where my programs and SWTOR is installed? If it's ok, will it effect performance?

And is this the equivalent to partitioning a disk? In other words am I partitioning 7gb for this game? This is the first time I'm hearing about this term "ramdisk".

I'm really excited about this, I have been having problems with putting my in game graphic settings for grass and trees. When ever I am in a planet with allot of grass and trees, I have to lower my graphic settings or turn off shadowing. I prefer the shadow settings. I'm hoping SWTOR-U can help alleviate this problem without me having to buy a 3gb video card.
The Underground Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.UndergroundJedi.com *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

dipstik
10.09.2012 , 04:02 PM | #110
can we get an update on the asset files associated with things like:

warzones,
nightmare pilgrim images animations, effects
operation images, affaect, animations etc.
fleet