Set Arrival Point Modules Added to Strongholds!

AscendingSky

I discovered something today that wasn't in the patch notes. Set Arrival Point clicky modules (the same ones that were introduced with the Rishi SH) have been added to most (if not all) of the other strongholds. So far it looks like there have been two added per stronghold.

Nar Shaddaa - One at the standard entry point, one on the side of the middle balcony in the Solarium.

Yavin - One at the landing pad in front of the temple, one at the far end of the bridge.

Tatooine - One on the cliffside balcony, one by the duneside exterior landing pad.

Coruscant/DK - One by the elevator, one on the raised section of the balcony.

Manaan - One by the elevator door on the Rooftop Garden level, and one off to the side by a window on the Underwater Observatory level. NOTE: I have not found a clicky near the current Manaan spawn point. This makes me concerned that if you change your spawn point to one of the other clickies, you cannot reset yourself back to the current default spawn point.

I do not have the Umbara train SH so I cannot check it for added clickies.

Please note that while the addition of these Set Arrival Point terminals is certainly a good thing, the fact this functionality was not mentioned in the patch notes is very problematic. There may well be other Set Arrival Point modules in the strongholds I have not found because I don't know where to look, they are covered by large decorations, and no icons for them show up on the minimap so there is no way to know where they are. I would very much appreciate a yellow post on the subject outlining where all of these are, as well as an addition to the current patch notes so those players who do not read the forums will also be made aware that these modules exist.

Edited by AscendingSky

Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea these were a thing :p

Another thing to note, at least on Nar Shaddaa, when you die/jump off/whatever, you spawn at the original arrival point, even if you have the other one selected.

Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea these were a thing :p

Another thing to note, at least on Nar Shaddaa, when you die/jump off/whatever, you spawn at the original arrival point, even if you have the other one selected.

Good catch! And yeah, no one seems to know these are a thing, and there's still been no yellow posts about it, or any additions to the patch notes about it. :(

• Dev Post

Hey!

Good catch, yeah that is on me, it was missed in the patch notes (I will get it added). Arrival points have been added to all Strongholds. There is one known issue in that the "default" Manaan point is not currently in, so if you change it off of default you will not be able to change it back. That will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

-eric

Hey!

Good catch, yeah that is on me, it was missed in the patch notes (I will get it added). Arrival points have been added to all Strongholds. There is one known issue in that the "default" Manaan point is not currently in, so if you change it off of default you will not be able to change it back. That will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

-eric

It should be noted that the Rishi arrival points are broken, too.

Hey!

Thanks.

-eric

That's great to hear! I mean the new arrival points not the bugs. :D

I have just tried to set a different arrival point in my Yavin stronghold and neither of them are being saved. I still load back to the original spawn point.

Fixed: A logout seems to fix a lot of things :)

Edited by CrazyVav

Hey!

Please ask them to add an arrival or travel point to the landing pad of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold?

We've been begging for a non-randomly-fatal way to reach that area for years.

This seems like a perfect time to add it?

Thanks!

At least for Nar Shaddaa, I set the arrival point on my main for the lower level, and all my toons are going there. Worse, when I log out in one area of my stronghold and then log back in, I'm back at the lower level spawn point. I have the same problem on Rishi, too, always loading in at the spawn point I chose when I log out and back in while in that stronghold.

Please ask them to add an arrival or travel point to the landing pad of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold?

We've been begging for a non-randomly-fatal way to reach that area for years.

This seems like a perfect time to add it?

Thanks!

If you play a scholar/inquisitor you can use Force Speed, on a commando/mercenary you have the backwards booster, an agent/smuggler has evading roll ability. All of these characters can reach the landing pad in a relative easy non-fatal way to decorate it.

Nevertheless it is still not accessible for every character, so an elevator button with a landing pad destination would be quite helpful for everyone - preferably the one that sits on the taxi at the entry point.

Btw if you had the Rishi stronghold waypoint defined before the patch, it will now be reset to the entrance platform when you enter your stronghold the first time after the patch and has to be set anew.

Thank you for this!! loved the addition.:)

Could you guys add one in the Umbara train?

Also, flagships, one in each section. It'd be awesome and people would be able to choose their fave area.

Edited by Tadagyt

I finally got this to work by using the character that initially bought the stronghold to set the new spawn point. Now everyone is appearing there. It doesn't seem to work per individual character. Edited by Chelan

None of the newly added arrival points work.

Not on mine anyway.

same here... until i noticed they dont work if there s a deco in the way... remove these and the spawn points work... it won t let you spawn if there s a deco applied on the spawnpoint

same here... until i noticed they dont work if there s a deco in the way... remove these and the spawn points work... it won t let you spawn if there s a deco applied on the spawnpoint

They put the spawn points over hooks? Seriously?

Every time I start wanting to play regularly again, these bugs make me wander off...

PLEASE don't forget about the Umbara SH in the near future.

I'd love an Arrival Point near the original AP but in the open area where big yellow tanks/containers and ramps are located (to have every utiliy there instead of walking towards that open room every time I go to this SH).

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

These no longer work. Not even the Rishi one which is a static one built into the ship and not a deco.

But with so many other bugs that are more important and game breaking for many people. I’m happy to wait for them to fix those first. This one is just an annoyance. The others prevent game play or make it much harder than it needs to be,

Edited by TrixxieTriss