Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Challenge Emperor/Empress

jan_skakal
12.25.2019 , 08:11 AM | #1
Hi, what do you think - can Inquisitor, after Onslaught challenge Emperor/Empress directly for control over the Sith empire?
Or is there some rule like defeat all council members first?
I am sure that Acina or Wowran will fall rather quickly.

adormitul
12.25.2019 , 08:30 AM | #2
Logically yes that will be the next course of action but it will not happen we will not be put in an passive leadership position again. We either gonna be in an battlefield position of leadership like leading troops in the front line or no leadership position at all and killing troops in the front line, behind the lines not on the battlefield, in their home, in their cantina and so forth.

SteveTheCynic
12.25.2019 , 12:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jan_skakal View Post
Wowran
Vowrawn.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Zehal
12.26.2019 , 02:12 PM | #4
Hmmm after all that the Inquisitor been through and gain from all that had happened I think their are very few or no one that can best him/her in combat and force powers...
As a PC main hero he/she don't get show off their powers like Valkorion or Vaylin...but it is strongly hinted they are extremely strong in the force, cunning and en expert in martial combat.

So yeah, I think the Inquisitor could defeat easy both the Emperor/Empress and the Dark Council... However I believe they know this... so I speculate that its one of the reason everyone tries to win your favor or alliance...

Then again it be great to see them try in a cinematic and you get to show off your full power, choosing how systematically you beat them... I'm sure a LOT players would LOOOOOVEEE that FAN SERVICE!

Immortuorum
12.26.2019 , 04:56 PM | #5
it would certainly be great to be able to challenge the emperor / empress, and most likely the player would end up winning that match, unless they make him lose for the sake of the plot, but in any case I doubt very much that they allow it, despite the fact that would give some sense to the last decision
Free days, free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/MPFJ6h

casirabit
12.27.2019 , 09:14 AM | #6
If my sorceress wanted to remain an Empress she would just keep the alliance as it is since she wouldn't have to deal with the dark council bickering all the time.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Ainiv
12.27.2019 , 09:57 PM | #7
It would be cool, but I would only accept it as a story twist for the very final story patch of the game. The Warrior/Inquisitor leading the Empire to a glorious victory and then receiving both popular support and allies in the council to overthrow Acina/Vowrawn.
Although, I do like both quite a bit... I hope we can romance them in the future. I think being part of the Emperor's Hand will definitely give a chance to be with them more privately.
I do think that Wrath and Kallig are the most deserving of the throne but from a gameplay perspective it would seem like too high of a post for frontline work, that the game is more aimed at. I will not get too excited and expect my Inquisitors and Warriors to remain as stalwart confidants for the Good Empress and potential suitors.
Here to talk about the Classes and all things Lore!
My Discord tag is Alcyone#4081

JYthelifesaver
06.01.2020 , 03:31 AM | #8
Malgus dreamt of Acina force lightning-ing him into submission. In that dream he's not envisioning the mechanism that was implanted in him to control him, he was envisioning her force lightning. So I think Acina is more powerful than she gets credit for.

But even if my sith characters are more powerful than she is, I wouldn't challenge her for the throne. I rather like her and feel like she needs more fleshing out and more feats of power, intelligence and rulership.

See, I'm no feminist but Bioware has the chance to make a great female sith. Her being empress is already legendary since emperors are usually ma le, and I think her potential as a character will be wasted if she is relegated to a female empress with nothing else to her name than that.

But back to my characters. My warriors would serve her willingly and at least one of them would romance her if they could.

Ylliarus
06.01.2020 , 09:15 AM | #9
If one of our characters would become the Sith Emperor or Empress, that would basically end the storyline. Because those characters would be completely cornered in what they can do afterwards. How would you justify the Emperor or Empress of the Sith going to do a mission on a space station or some backwater planet? It would place the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor in a narrative corner from which they wouldn't be able to leave.

That is why our characters should never become the sole ruler/leader of either the Empire or the Republic. Those are roles that need to be fulfilled by NPCs, in order to keep the story credible and to not back our characters into a narrative corner.
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

ceryxp
06.01.2020 , 10:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JYthelifesaver View Post
Malgus dreamt of Acina force lightning-ing him into submission. In that dream he's not envisioning the mechanism that was implanted in him to control him, he was envisioning her force lightning. So I think Acina is more powerful than she gets credit for.
That scene changes depending upon your choice on Iokath.
Spoiler
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj