Emporer = Easy (if done right) (SPOILER)

JediHoofster

First, I read the forums a lot so I went into this fight with knowledge of several diff strats and unfortunately none of them worked...

1) Kill the adds when the spawn and get back on the Emperor.

- This didn't work as it's too difficult to make sure you interrupt the Emperor while killing the adds.

2) LOS them all around the columns to avoid getting hit with the big cast.

- This didn't work as you don't have enough DPS time on the Emperor before your run out of hp.

3) Exploit - Drag him back to the big stairs and push him off...

- This didn't work as they seem to have fixed it and he will re-set if you run too far down the hall way.

4) Exploit - Saber Throw him to the face and hope he glitches. If he doesn't run out of the room and reset.

- I tried this many many times with no luck.

After trying all of the above I got some advice from a friend and it worked!!

EASY Strat: DPS the hell out of the Emperor and IGNORE the adds!!

Detailed Strat: Saber throw him from max distance. He'll vanish and pop up behind you on the main floor with his 4 shadows. It's important to know that when he pops up you will STILL BE TARGETING THE ORIGINAL Emperor. At this point leap to him and go all out DPS. Leave T7 on tank mode, he'll buy you a bit of time until he dies. As you reach 90% hp OR as T7 reaches 70% hp use your Saber Ward and then immediately use Call on the Force. As your Saber Ward wears off go ahead and use it again. IMPORTANT: There is really only one spell you MUST interrupt, it has a very long cast but will one shot you. If you're good enough to interrupt the rest go for it. If not just let the lighting hit you and focus on that one long cast. After your second Saber Ward wears off go ahead and use Enure and a Medpack as needed. Following this strat I finished the fight with 60-70% hp left on my first try.

Small note: I can't remember but Awe might work on the shadows. If it does use it later on during the 3rd or 4th wave.

Lastly, I was spec'd into full vigil and did have very solid gear. T7's gear was lvl 30-40ish, I did not do the puzzle.

Anyways, I hope this helps my fellow Jedi Knights enjoy their last quest fight.

I'm uncertain whether the nerfing of this fight changed this or not, as I haven't fought the fight in its nerfed state, but I think the fight was honestly different for different people. Like everything about that whole encounter (Lol@T7 puzzle), it was glitchy and buggy all to hell. Sometimes, you'd get a doable version of it. Most of the times, you did not.

For example: The videos of the fight I saw of people soloing it this way, the adds really didn't seem to do anything. They spawned, then ran at T7, and then all died. When I fought this battle, the adds behaved very differently. They stayed far from me, outside of even Awe range (15-20 meters) and just lobbed spells at me. Tried the fight 40 times pre-nerf, never once got the Emperor below 65% life.

I guess as long as the nerf changed it so they respect T7s AoE and actually go in range of it, then this is the way they expect the fight to be won.

Edited by McVade

I did this before and after the nerf (the trash is basically non-existent now compared to before), and the fight is noticeably easier. I geared out my T7 before and he died pretty quickly, whereas last night I went in with my T7 that I hadn't used or geared since I got Kira.

What I found that worked remarkably well was to set T7 on dps stance, turn off taunt, and then just tunnel the emperor, interupting his casts. T7 handily killed all the clones, having one set dead by the time the next wave comes. Doing it this way, I ended the fight at 70% health without using any cooldowns, and T7 still alive.

Edited by Xavennn

Just did this mission last night, had decked out T7 pretty good, while I put him on DPS stance. First try I messed about a little and got the emperor down to 27 before he did his instant dead ray thingy. Second time, I ignored the mobs, and T7's wailing for help, and the emperor died with me still having something like 80ish percent health left. This fight is all about the gear and the focus, do not be tempted to shift target, stay on him. Be well geared and you can do it very quickly.

First try I messed about a little and got the emperor down to 27 before he did his instant dead ray thingy.

This. This. This. I fought him 7 times, and he would insta-gib me randomly. No channel bar. Just blasted back and I was instantly dead. And then one time magically(randomly, I didn't dps him any faster), he just didn't do whatever the hell it was. He died easily. Something is wrong with this fight.

Tryed this fight about 8 times and could never finishing him, Then used this method and got him second go, so thanks:)

This is as a brand new just dinged 50 btw, first thing i did was follow this quest to the end, so my gear and upgrades were not very good.

Still its a pity I had to go Vig to do it, was def spec for all the rest of the game and would have liked to ahve done it def spec without having to farm.

Yeah, once I figured out that you could pretty much ignore the 'illusions' I just went to town on the Emperor.

I lost once again, only because I didn't realize which power to interrupt.

On the 4th time, I just pwned him.

I was actually kinda surprised how...easy it was once I did it correctly.

Oh and you can have T7 use an AOE. Between that and a Sweep attack, you can often clear out the illusions without having to target them.