Hardmode EC Storm and Fire Help

Hey all,

So my guild has finally progressed into EC hardmode which is nice for us. Yeah we're late oh well though. My main question has to do with the yellow circle that the person on the ground will get. Some have told me that I need to cleanse it off myself. I don't really understand this mechanic. Is it exactly like story mode in that after about 5 seconds the circle will place itself where you were and then you can move? Or do I need to use cleanse to place it? Or, do I wait the 5 seconds and then once it's placed cleanse myself of the yellow circle?

Also second question is about the electric bubbles: I've seen some vids were most of the healers were standing in front of the tanks which I thought was a no no. For these do I just simply wait until they fire at me and move or is there a system to this that I should be aware of?

Thanks for the help.

When the circle is on you, in that first 5 seconds, cleanse it. That will place it where you're standing. After cleansing, move out of the (now stationary) circle.

As for the bubbles, I stand just back (from where you enter) of where the side shield spawns. The bubbles come out at fixed intervals that you'll get used to after a few times doing the fight. Just wait for it to land on you, then move out. If you're slow you may take a tick or two of damage, but nothing serious. I strongly recommend against standing in front of the boss to do this, as firebrand's frontal attack has a huge range.

Edited by namesaretough

I was actually doing the kiting on this fight last night. The idea of it can be quite disconcerting, give it a few tries and get into the groove (it will get easier). Your best bet is to stand to the left of where the shield normally spawns in sm. If you are standing there facing the tank (at his 3 O'Clock) move left , thats the best spot I have found. Usually the first time (first 20% of firebrand) you will get two electric bubbles and no missiles. Basically you will see the tank shoot the bubbles, then you have time to move and avoid it. The missiles I usually cleanse a little late because as an arsenal merc, some of my channeled abilities will be going. Most people will say get out asap but I usually have time to finish my channel. Its the same thing over and over really (rinse and repeat). Hope this helps, I still find this to be one of the hardests fights in the game (especially storm). Dont give up!