New PVPer trying to Play a Ranked Match

Lexnis

Hello all,

I am a new PVPer and would like to play a ranked match. I was in a solo queue for over 4 hours the other day and had no matches pop. Is the ranked PVP community small? I just want to get some of the cool exclusive rewards ranked pvp gets.

Thanks! :D

Hello all,

I am a new PVPer and would like to play a ranked match. I was in a solo queue for over 4 hours the other day and had no matches pop. Is the ranked PVP community small? I just want to get some of the cool exclusive rewards ranked pvp gets.

What server were you on and what time of day?

Hello all,

Yes its small. There are constantly people begging for people to queue solo ranked.

Yes its small. There are constantly people begging for people to queue solo ranked.

Caveat...they are begging for people who have:

1. 306 gear
  2. tactical (important item that can be purchsed on fleet in supplies section -- it greatly enhances your class/spec)
  3. familiarity with chosen class
  4. experience in ranked

The last one is a bit unreasonable to ask of new players, obviously. Unless you're a prodigy, a PvP god (or both) you're likely to have a rough go of things until you get a lot of practice.

Hello all,

I am a new PVPer and would like to play a ranked match.

The only purpose for listing these is so that new players do not go in and immediately get soured on ranked, or PvP in general, by teams who may not understand that sometimes new players may not have that information. Anyway, ranked does happen, but the queue can take awhile. Also, the times when queues for ranked are active varies depending on server.

Edited by Sappharan

Caveat...they are begging for people who have:

1. 306 gear
  2. tactical (important item that can be purchsed on fleet in supplies section -- it greatly enhances your class/spec)
  3. familiarity with chosen class
  4. experience in ranked

The last one is a bit unreasonable to ask of new players, obviously. Unless you're a prodigy, a PvP god (or both) you're likely to have a rough go of things until you get a lot of practice.

Just to add to this, in my admittedly limited experience, its especially bad if you are a non-dps class. You will want to be prepared if toxic players bother you.

Not that everyone in ranked is toxic, but the worst offenders I have seen personally are always DPS blaming tank/heals for not being good enough; these types have no patience for new players learning, which is ironic given how often you see them around fleet spamming for tank/heals to queue solo.

• 1 month later...
Not that everyone in ranked is toxic, but the worst offenders I have seen personally are always DPS blaming tank/heals for not being good enough; these types have no patience for new players learning, which is ironic given how often you see them around fleet spamming for tank/heals to queue solo.

For example blaming healers for not cleansing enough when your cleanse is:

1. on 14s CD because of your last futile attempt to cleanse cced tank who have already 'million' negative effects casted on him and it failed because:

2. it cleanses only 2 negative effects and:

3. it cleanses total random effects and not mezzes and stuns first.

BW could solve this if it made a separate Arena pop. Like that people can train it, hey even I would do it in a while when I am feel I am performing bad.

That is already a thing...kinda. You can queue teams for practice. It is colloquially called "kickball" I believe. Quite why, I do not know.

On DM as DD I have a pop every 2/5 mins (say from 1500 to midnight CET time).

If you are a healer or a tank the wait extends to 5/10 mins.

BTW are you level 75 cause in this season (13) I heard SF and SS times of que are pretty good as well.

It is also important to have 306 gear, one of the correct tactical for your class, and have a basic knowledge.

I think they implemented a 306 gate now, not sure about that since all my characters are 306.

The problem in ranked is that no one can practice Arena before going in so peeps, enter with a WZ mentality and they get screwed.

Special note, please BW please do a separate not-Ranked Arena pop with a daily/weekly so people who are interested have a place where to train. I have been asking this since it launched.