Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After reading the Revan novel did anyone else....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
After reading the Revan novel did anyone else....

Allronix
06.19.2012 , 01:12 PM | #11
No, quite the opposite. I started new games with my LSF!Revan and my DSM!Exile, and started looking into an AU scenario based on that.

Seriously, is everyone at Bioware having a bad day for the last five years?! Dragon Age was a conga line of nasty people doing nasty things to one another...oh, and there's a darkspawn horde everyone's too busy backstabbing each other to fix. Mass Effect Three? I got spoilered on the ending, and am going "WHAT?!" like the rest of the fandom.

For crying out loud, after Malachor, they had a third of the fleet directly under them and the loyalty of the other two thirds. They were big damn heroes in the Republic, and they had evidence about the Mandalorians being pawns of the True Sith. Instead, they get absolutely plastered on the Dark Side, charge in, and dig themselves deeper by becoming tools of the very entity (can't really call the Emperor a "person") they were trying to take out. They turn around and cause more damage to the already bleeding Republic, sending it right to near-collapse, destroying ships, men, and resources that could have been used. Telos? Great example! Strategic hyperspace route, lots of Sensitives, strong military...Malak turned it to ash, and they got nothing but a magnificent jerk of an admiral.

So, Malak does what Sith do best and backstabs Revan at a key moment. Queue the events of the game. Presuming an LS Revan, s/he is now a Big Damn Hero again. And better? They have pull with everyone from Republic admirals to the future Mandalore the Preserver, and presumably learned their lesson about running off with no backup.

Nope. Instead, Revan the alleged hero, leaves his pals with no answers, no closure, no indication of what's going on. He leaves Bastila knocked-up to face whatever consequences (remember Arren Kae got exiled over having a kid), screws over those who loved and trusted him, takes Exile (who leaves HER disciples half-trained and in the lurch), and the droids and thinks that's enough to take down the Empire!

So, this foolishness ends with Exile and T3 getting turned to ash, HK being stripped for parts, and Revan being the Emperor's toy for a few centuries. Oh, and the Sith charge in and curb stomp the Republic ANYWAY.

Again, we're supposed to buy the tactical genius/great leader theory?

Filing it with "Han shot second" and appointing Jar Jar Binks to a position of authority.

matijerzykom
06.21.2012 , 05:14 AM | #12
Revan wanted just take down Vitiate, not destroying Empire, and with Meetra, he could do it. Please, if that idiot, Scourge, didnt betray them , they would kill Eperor with finger in their asses. He just wanted to check what was on Nathema , and than was cought. Exile just wanted to save him thats all. Its pefetic to read tor-boys who think Revan was maniac and fool. HELLO!?! That guy saved Republic 3 times( it was he who prevented Emporor from striking to early and destroying weakend Republic). Men with his power, and skills was the only one who could save Republic.

Malrus
06.21.2012 , 05:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by matijerzykom View Post
Revan wanted just take down Vitiate, not destroying Empire, and with Meetra, he could do it. Please, if that idiot, Scourge, didnt betray them , they would kill Eperor with finger in their asses. He just wanted to check what was on Nathema , and than was cought. Exile just wanted to save him thats all. Its pefetic to read tor-boys who think Revan was maniac and fool. HELLO!?! That guy saved Republic 3 times( it was he who prevented Emporor from striking to early and destroying weakend Republic). Men with his power, and skills was the only one who could save Republic.
I honestly don't think them three could have taken Vitiate down. Vitiate was far more powerful.

grandmthethird
06.21.2012 , 05:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
I honestly don't think them three could have taken Vitiate down. Vitiate was far more powerful.
We will never know
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Rayla_Felana
06.21.2012 , 08:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
The three of them working in unison could have been his match, but of course if you read my signature, they never got the chance as Scourge destroyed the opportunity to destabilize the Empire before they ever invaded.

Inzuher
06.21.2012 , 08:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Shenmue View Post
....pop in KOTOR 2 and roll a female named Meetra Surik?
Yes I did xD. Since SWTOR wasn't out yet anyways :P
Roleplay is alive and well in Swtor and can be found on the Darth Malgus server.
Anyone interested in engagging in roleplay should check out MALGUS-RP.COM!

BradTheImpaler
06.21.2012 , 02:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The novel killed the franchise to me, it was rushed, should've been written by Chris Avellone and it clearly sacrificed KotOR just to promote sales of this game for KotOR fans, I especially don't like the way they treated T3 and the Exile.
This. I kept myself entertained with KOTOR 1 & 2 for the 7-8 years before TOR came out, but after the novel the idea of playing through them again feels strange somehow. Maybe I will, eventually.
Meanwhile I'll roll a Jedi character and hope I can slowly torture Scourge to death at some point.
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

Desolaytore
07.06.2012 , 11:23 PM | #18
I popped in Kotor 2 and went LS Male char again. I still think the Exile is better as a man. They ****ed over Exile and T3 in the book...
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

KBSIP
07.07.2012 , 11:54 PM | #19
Someone actually made the mistake of giving me this book as a present, which I thanked them for and then trashed it a day later when they had left to keep from hurting their feelings. Drew Karpyshyn is a bad writer. Plain and simple. Doesn't have much of a knack for artistic use of language, has no semblance of how to adapt to an established storyline, and honestly I question the mental faculties of anyone who endeavors to write a literary sequel to two completely ambiguous, canon-neutral video games.

Kingdonfin
07.08.2012 , 12:50 AM | #20
It was amazing and really showcased the force in a different way to me.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force."