Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another trilogy?

Kulraven
05.14.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
Are we ever going to get another helping of Star Wars movies? I know Lucas is mad at the community, but is he totally done?

Im not wishing for anything bad to happen to Lucas (and its tough to put this into words properly), but will we have to wait until after Lucas passes away before more movies can be made? What I am saying is, surely Lucas heirs will realize that the SW franchise is a golden goose and sell the rights to someone wont they?

Has it really come to this, that Lucas will take his toys to his grave before he will share them with us again?
Mar-vel, Dark Sentinel
"He is a Dark Jedi."
"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

grandmthethird
05.14.2012 , 12:04 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulraven View Post
Are we ever going to get another helping of Star Wars movies? I know Lucas is mad at the community, but is he totally done?

Im not wishing for anything bad to happen to Lucas (and its tough to put this into words properly), but will we have to wait until after Lucas passes away before more movies can be made? What I am saying is, surely Lucas heirs will realize that the SW franchise is a golden goose and sell the rights to someone wont they?

Has it really come to this, that Lucas will take his toys to his grave before he will share them with us again?
lucas says no more movies. and when he is "gone", he has measures to still stop new movies
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Kulraven
05.14.2012 , 12:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
lucas says no more movies. and when he is "gone", he has measures to still stop new movies
How, you cannot control property into perpetuity? Once he dies, someone/something will control the rights to the franchise, not Lucas. Its simply too much money for anyone to ignore.
Mar-vel, Dark Sentinel
"He is a Dark Jedi."
"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

BlueFromMoon
05.14.2012 , 12:17 PM | #4
I'd be so happy chap if this is true. Theres two thing I love, one is Star Wars and second is Elder Scroll Online.

Slowpokeking
05.14.2012 , 12:17 PM | #5
The Thrawn Trilogy will be good to make to movies, however I don't think people will accept new actors to play Luke, Han and Leia, while I never like Carrie Fisher.

Spoonwithyou
05.14.2012 , 12:22 PM | #6
Honestly the only actors who stood out in any of the first 3 movies was han solo, chewy, and vader/sidious they got more screen time then luke/leia is seems in my opnion

Wolfninjajedi
05.14.2012 , 12:36 PM | #7
No, he has methods in place to where there won't be anymore movies the rights will go to his children. Even if there were to be new movies, you would need to wait almost 100 years due to copyrite law. Why though I ask do people want new movies? We don't need any more movies, we got books, comics, games, etc that are covering stuff before and after the movies. Making more movies just invalidates all that work that was put into everything.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kulraven
05.14.2012 , 01:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No, he has methods in place to where there won't be anymore movies the rights will go to his children. Even if there were to be new movies, you would need to wait almost 100 years due to copyrite law. Why though I ask do people want new movies? We don't need any more movies, we got books, comics, games, etc that are covering stuff before and after the movies. Making more movies just invalidates all that work that was put into everything.
Im no lawyer of course, but I would be interested to know how long someone can control something after they die. Even if rights pass to his kids, kids have a tendency to think for themselves. And there is a ton of money involved.

As to why we want more movies...Movies seem to be the culmination of a story. The manifestation of a vision. Think Avengers. We have read and read Avengers stories for decades, but seeing it in live action was amazing!

As for Lucas, I cant think of another comparison of a person who is so hostile or opposed to the very people who built him (and vice versa). It is odd. Both sides love SW, but dont like each other at all.
Mar-vel, Dark Sentinel
"He is a Dark Jedi."
"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

Captain_Zone
05.14.2012 , 01:23 PM | #9
When George failed to be crowned Geek King of All Sci-Fi, he basically went StarWarsNazi and said "NO MOVIES FOR YOU!!!" Then a Cartman style "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home."

His prequels made money. However, the film critics and fans railed them mercilessly. Back in 1980, he had promised 9 movies in total. He either lied back then and didn't really have all nine stories finished, or he changed his mind after the Prequel fallout. My guess is the latter. He also changed it from "Luke's Story" to "Anakin's Story" somewhere along the way.

As I've stated before, I didn't hate the prequels. I thought they could have been better, but they did have their good points. As for George Lucas himself, I've lost a lot of respect for the man. Since most of the Fans who railed the prequels were also saying "The OT was better!", I believe George changed the OT out of spite. His excuse was something to the effect of: "I was never happy with the movies, and now they are more like I originally envisioned them." That, to me, is a load of bantha poodoo. A thinly veiled excuse. Nothing more. As a grand scope writer, he KNOWS how to tell a story. For writing dialogue and personal stories, he leaves a lot to be desired.

Just my point of view.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Wolfninjajedi
05.14.2012 , 01:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulraven View Post
Im no lawyer of course, but I would be interested to know how long someone can control something after they die. Even if rights pass to his kids, kids have a tendency to think for themselves. And there is a ton of money involved.

As to why we want more movies...Movies seem to be the culmination of a story. The manifestation of a vision. Think Avengers. We have read and read Avengers stories for decades, but seeing it in live action was amazing!

As for Lucas, I cant think of another comparison of a person who is so hostile or opposed to the very people who built him (and vice versa). It is odd. Both sides love SW, but dont like each other at all.
Copyright law states that when the creator of something dies, the author/filmmaker/whatever creation cannot be remade, retold or redone in any way shape or form till a certain number of years pass. In the case of star wars, not until 95 years pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk862BbjWx4

But again we don't need some half wit director/writer remaking/redoing/more star wars movies. Just leave them as is, and continue on with books, games, comics and the like. You CANNOT remake certain movies, or make sequels to those certain movies(IMHO) and SW is one of those series of movies.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.