Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I will be the first to post

Rayla_Felana
03.30.2012 , 05:54 AM | #31
As a martial artist with a background in Kendo and Aikido, and a family dating as far back as the Shogun War, and a family taking place in the battle of Sekigahara, the greatest gathering of Samurai ever.

I will tell you what my grandfather told me of Bruce Lee(as he had been friends with him whilst they both lived in America):

"Sometimes there are fighters, from unlimited backgrounds, that expand the boundaries of Martial Arts, Qui Xian Lee(actually Bruce Lee, this was his nickname, a female name humorously.) completely reconstructed those boundaries, and rewrote the text on Chinese Martial Arts, no one has done that since Yip Man(Ip Man), the original master of Wing Chun."

Now the length of time between Yip Man and Bruce Lee was not great, but before that pairing, no one in recent memory had done anything like what they did for Martial Arts.

Bruce Lee was a living god of Martial Arts.

Chuck Norris was/is the American Jackie Chan, he sold dvds.

BrandonSM
03.30.2012 , 10:23 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
As a martial artist with a background in Kendo and Aikido, and a family dating as far back as the Shogun War, and a family taking place in the battle of Sekigahara, the greatest gathering of Samurai ever.

I will tell you what my grandfather told me of Bruce Lee(as he had been friends with him whilst they both lived in America):

"Sometimes there are fighters, from unlimited backgrounds, that expand the boundaries of Martial Arts, Qui Xian Lee(actually Bruce Lee, this was his nickname, a female name humorously.) completely reconstructed those boundaries, and rewrote the text on Chinese Martial Arts, no one has done that since Yip Man(Ip Man), the original master of Wing Chun."

Now the length of time between Yip Man and Bruce Lee was not great, but before that pairing, no one in recent memory had done anything like what they did for Martial Arts.

Bruce Lee was a living god of Martial Arts.

Chuck Norris was/is the American Jackie Chan, he sold dvds.
THis too.

See I wouldn't bash Chuck if he was a regular fighter. But the thing is, he literally thinks he is one of THE greatest of all time. And thats what gets me.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."