Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bleeding & Lightsaber?

Kubernetic
02.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavians View Post
Can anyone explain how is it possible to make bleeding effects, with a lightsaber, which is known for not causing bleeding at all?
The lightsaber that Ben Kenobi uses to slice off that alien's arm in Episode 4 leaves blood around the wound at the shoulder.

It's canon. Don't sweat it.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

visatkhan
02.22.2012 , 10:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
The lightsaber that Ben Kenobi uses to slice off that alien's arm in Episode 4 leaves blood around the wound at the shoulder.

It's canon. Don't sweat it.
QFT.

Everyone ignores this scene.

Lasarith
02.22.2012 , 10:14 AM | #23
if it's (Blood) you Wont get any as a Lightsaber Cuts and Cauterize at the same time.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

mphill
02.22.2012 , 10:23 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Xezr View Post
Have I missed something? I haven't seen any bleed effects at all.
One of the Marauder trees centers around bleed effects. They are called burn effects for a Sentinel.
"Insanity runs in my family...it practically gallops." - Mortimer Brewster

Nulli
02.22.2012 , 10:26 AM | #25
yeah let's keep it real, when you die in pvp your chracter should get /deleted too

Tovenar
02.22.2012 , 10:33 AM | #26
Can anyone explain how is it possible to make bleeding effects, with a lightsaber, which is known for not causing bleeding at all?
It's well known that lightsabers have different power settings. From low enough (training saber) that you could grasp the blade in your hand and have nothing more then minor burns and pain to full power, capable of cutting threw ship plating.

It is conceivable that there is a power setting that allows one to easily cut through flesh but not hot enough to cauterize it too.

I hope this is more helpful then the trololololing that plagues your thread.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

-Darth Helmet

Traginous
02.22.2012 , 11:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Morpholinium View Post
Handwavium is handwavium, regardless of setting. Again, a wizard did it.
actually there is a pretty sound physics rooted explanation for the operation of "lightsabers"
See it is in fact, plasma contained in a powerful magnetic field that loops back on itsself and is maintained as stated previously by the modulation and focusing crystals in the hilt. this is actually entirely feasible, the only point where it falls apart is the sheer amount of power it would require to maintain. Of course one could postulate that a society that can travel at near light speed probably can miniaturize fusion reactors or something. point is, with a viable power source, it is a not impossible to make plasma behave that way.

PhilCanuck
02.22.2012 , 11:54 AM | #28
I guess you're not really a SW fan nor even care about the lore. So your point is invalid.
Please re-watch the cantina scene in Star Wars. It may not be logical for a lightsaber to cause bleeding, but it most certainly doesn't conflict with canon.

Malkavians
02.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tovenar View Post
It's well known that lightsabers have different power settings. From low enough (training saber) that you could grasp the blade in your hand and have nothing more then minor burns and pain to full power, capable of cutting threw ship plating.

It is conceivable that there is a power setting that allows one to easily cut through flesh but not hot enough to cauterize it too.

I hope this is more helpful then the trololololing that plagues your thread.
Yes indeed it was, thank you. )

Tovenar
02.22.2012 , 02:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Traginous View Post
actually there is a pretty sound physics rooted explanation for the operation of "lightsabers"
See it is in fact, plasma contained in a powerful magnetic field that loops back on itsself and is maintained as stated previously by the modulation and focusing crystals in the hilt. this is actually entirely feasible, the only point where it falls apart is the sheer amount of power it would require to maintain. Of course one could postulate that a society that can travel at near light speed probably can miniaturize fusion reactors or something. point is, with a viable power source, it is a not impossible to make plasma behave that way.
This is indeed true.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

-Darth Helmet