Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bleeding & Lightsaber?


Aanthanur's Avatar


Aanthanur
02.22.2012 , 09:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Morpholinium View Post
swtor forumn;3026951]Can you tell us how the beam from the lightsaber stops?

Or if it uses plasma, how it doesn't burn your hands to ashes when you activate it?

Or how we have gravity in our ships and Fleet?



I could go on and on. It's called science fiction.
A wizard did it.[/QUOTE]

blasphemy!!!!

it was the Force.... wizards are fantasy dude

Thundartwothree's Avatar


Thundartwothree
02.22.2012 , 09:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavians View Post
Can anyone explain how is it possible to make bleeding effects, with a lightsaber, which is known for not causing bleeding at all?
If you're talking about the damage over time effects you can recieve from a Sent/Mara, they are listed as burns, which makes sense.
I will reach my field of battle at any means at my disposal, and when I get there I will arrive violently, no one will deny me, no one will defy me.

Morpholinium's Avatar


Morpholinium
02.22.2012 , 09:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It is a little strange, but no more than hitting someone with the hilt being the most dangerous thing you can do with it.
My SW screams or more damage than the saber sometimes puts out.

Malkavians's Avatar


Malkavians
02.22.2012 , 09:31 AM | #14
With that attitude we can have elves and other **** in a SW game. Because LOL it's science fiction we can do anything here, right?
My point in the first post is VERY clear, and simply argumented, so i think i'm right here. Ill elaborate for people who don't get it, "lightsaber is KNOWN to not leave bleeding on the victim." I didn't say anything about their existence and all. It is just strange that they made bleeding effects, not remembering the simple fact. They needed DOT effect, they could've used Burning or something else.

BobCharge's Avatar


BobCharge
02.22.2012 , 09:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavians View Post
I guess you're not really a SW fan nor even care about the lore. So your point is invalid.
Wonder wich previous post you talking to. I m a SW fan and play as sentinel and I use the force to make the bleeding effect. Anyhow real lightsaber would be game breaker. 0o

thomasgallant's Avatar


thomasgallant
02.22.2012 , 09:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavians View Post
With that attitude we can have elves and other **** in a SW game. Because LOL it's science fiction we can do anything here, right?
My point in the first post is VERY clear, and simply argumented, so i think i'm right here. Ill elaborate for people who don't get it, "lightsaber is KNOWN to not leave bleeding on the victim." I didn't say anything about their existence and all. It is just strange that they made bleeding effects, not remembering the simple fact. They needed DOT effect, they could've used Burning or something else.
i think people mostly think you should forget about the argument since it really doesnt make a difference.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Gaimiag's Avatar


Gaimiag
02.22.2012 , 09:33 AM | #17
Because this is a video game.

Akharus's Avatar


Akharus
02.22.2012 , 09:43 AM | #18
Actually yeah, the blade of a lightsaber loops back on itself and recycles, that's why it stops. Pick up a copy of the Star Wars Encyclopedia - yells you all kinds of nifty stuff. Imagine the blade of a lightsaber starting out as a circle, now put a peg in the circle - and pull up til it's stretched almost into a line, kind of like a rubber band - and there you go. Except it's all done by modulating the crystals and the little lens focuser in the hilt.

Akash's Avatar


Akash
02.22.2012 , 09:45 AM | #19
Well, the books and what have you go on and on about cauterized wounds from lightsabers, so the OP has a valid lore-centric point.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

Morpholinium's Avatar


Morpholinium
02.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Akharus View Post
Actually yeah, the blade of a lightsaber loops back on itself and recycles, that's why it stops. Pick up a copy of the Star Wars Encyclopedia - yells you all kinds of nifty stuff. Imagine the blade of a lightsaber starting out as a circle, now put a peg in the circle - and pull up til it's stretched almost into a line, kind of like a rubber band - and there you go. Except it's all done by modulating the crystals and the little lens focuser in the hilt.
Handwavium is handwavium, regardless of setting. Again, a wizard did it.