Is there a downside to Sprint?

bdipauly

I think Sprint is mostly just there to help free players to subscribe - there's no fun when you have to move slow all the time until level 10. But, yeah, you basically have to turn it off in two cases: when you want to calculate a small jump very precisely(datacrons), or if you're roleplaying(for some reason roleplayers prefer not to use running and spring. One evening on Nar Shaddaa I saw a guy who was patrolling the cantina, very slowly walking up and down the corridor. When I was done with my quests, he was still doing it).

Some datacrons are easier to get to with sprint and running turned off. Going around a corner to fast can end up killing you for some of those lol :p

One of the main reasons I subscribed to the game, 1-9 is just so slow feeling without sprint once you have tasted it! :eek:

Back in the day, Sprint was available around level 15 or something and speeder bikes later still.

It's essentially something left over from the original build of the game, as subs get it at lvl 1 now.

Literately running around in places like Taris was'nt that much fun :)