Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR will not start after launcher?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR will not start after launcher?
 

Nexomni's Avatar


Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 08:35 PM | #21
Yes that was the same DirectX I installed, from Woody's link. As far as firewalls/AV I am just using Windows 10 stuff. Added all the specific inbound and outbound exceptions to the list for the programs Woody listed.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 08:37 PM | #22
Use the manufactures drivers for both intel and NVidia if they have released them for win 10 ? laptops on occasion can be problematic with the video drivers, hard part is finding out this is the case.

Nexomni's Avatar


Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 09:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Use the manufactures drivers for both intel and NVidia if they have released them for win 10 ? laptops on occasion can be problematic with the video drivers, hard part is finding out this is the case.
Manufacturer of the laptop or intel and nvidia themselves. Not sure how supported my laptop is as it came with windows 8.1 and it was a custom made laptop I put together at Ibuypower.com

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 09:09 PM | #24
Are you open to reverting to 8.1 ? if this is still within 30 days of upgrade it is painless ?

Settings / Update and Security/ Recovery will have the option to roll back if within 30 days

Nexomni's Avatar


Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 09:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Are you open to reverting to 8.1 ? if this is still within 30 days of upgrade it is painless ?

Settings / Update and Security/ Recovery will have the option to roll back if within 30 days
I have thought about reverting to 8.1, not sure if it is within the 30 days. Was hoping it wouldn't come to that

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 09:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexomni View Post
I have thought about reverting to 8.1, not sure if it is within the 30 days. Was hoping it wouldn't come to that
There are people reverting and laptops are usually the most likely ones to get issues currently depending on the age of the laptop , even I am getting a pop up every so often just web browsing saying my NVidia driver has stopped working at present on my desktop and that's just web browsing not playing any games. that has me concerned ....

Nexomni's Avatar


Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 10:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
There are people reverting and laptops are usually the most likely ones to get issues currently depending on the age of the laptop , even I am getting a pop up every so often just web browsing saying my NVidia driver has stopped working at present on my desktop and that's just web browsing not playing any games. that has me concerned ....
Might be a solid decision. I do enjoy Windows 10 and all my games EXCEPT Swtor work Might have to revert back to 8.1 for the story expansion, really excited about it!

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 10:19 PM | #28
maybe wait 6 months and try the upgrade again if rolling back is the current solution, the drivers will be a bit more matured by then

Nexomni's Avatar


Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 10:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
maybe wait 6 months and try the upgrade again if rolling back is the current solution, the drivers will be a bit more matured by then
Alright, well thanks for all the help Owen I really appreciate it. Have a good night and enjoy the expansion!

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
10.04.2015 , 10:23 PM | #30
Welcome , Let me know how you get on mate