Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR will not start after launcher?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR will not start after launcher?

jaykixx
10.02.2015 , 06:19 AM | #1
So this is very new to me, I've really never had problems with the launcher before and now all of a sudden it's acting up... right after I get the newest update. I installed the new update and then clicked play and the launcher closes but nothing happens. I look at Task Manager and it's not showing up there either. What do I do?
"I'm a Sith apprentice, show some respect or I'll smash your face in."
REFER-A-FRIEND (7day free sub & other goodies):

http://www.swtor.com/r/CP49KT

jaykixx
10.03.2015 , 08:49 AM | #3
I tried all of that and nothing happened. Its still giving me the same problem
"I'm a Sith apprentice, show some respect or I'll smash your face in."
REFER-A-FRIEND (7day free sub & other goodies):

http://www.swtor.com/r/CP49KT

marilliopolis
10.03.2015 , 09:15 AM | #4
Hey there. Just wanted to add that I have the same problem. Game is not launching after logging in and pressing Play. I use the streaming launcher and have followed suggestions in the above link to no avail. This is really frustrating

Woodynz
10.03.2015 , 12:49 PM | #5
Within my signature is a basic guide - please feel free to follow it as it will cover most things that can be missed .
*If you have not done so install DX9.0c Manually from http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downl...s.aspx?id=8109Dx10 & 11 only emulate 9 they do not contain dx9 files.
* Here is a Windows 10 basic guide to get you back up and running.
(My no mates link)

Nexomni
10.03.2015 , 03:24 PM | #6
Hey Owen and Woody,
Figured I would post on a more recent thread you were active in since the Windows 10 one kind of died. I have tried EVERYTHING that you have both suggested in and out of that thread as well as your links in your signatures etc, to no avail. I press play, launcher disappears, with no game launch.

I tried putting in my logs before but it keeps giving me an error saying my post is too large (even when I put it in spoilers)

Not sure what else to do and I really don't want to reinstall Windows 8.1

OwenBrooks
10.03.2015 , 05:55 PM | #7
Nexomni

Is this still a laptop ? if so what model and does it have dual gfx , ie Intel and Nvidia ?

apocalypx
10.03.2015 , 09:13 PM | #8
I am having the same problem on my desktop pc. I did everything they suggested and tried redownloading the game to no avail. Currently playing on my laptop badly, but it stinks. Also purchased software to fix registry errors, and get rid of any viruses (I already had Norton before this, and still nothing). For me it started yesterday. With mine I start the game and nothing happens, no server available. Tried all that was suggested, and I know it isn't my firewall.

OwenBrooks
10.03.2015 , 10:09 PM | #9
If your still using nortons (firewall) then the exceptions need to be set as allow instead of auto , no server list can be one symptom. set both launcher.exe and swtor.exe (found a few folders down in the retailclient folder) to allow initially
Auto on Norton's is known to auto block on occasion

Nexomni
10.04.2015 , 03:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Nexomni

Is this still a laptop ? if so what model and does it have dual gfx , ie Intel and Nvidia ?
Yes it is a laptop with an intel and a nvidia gtx 675. It is custom built laptop I got off of "IBuyPower" a few years ago. According to the default settings in my nvidia panel and everything else Swtor should be booting off of the actual graphics card and not the intel.