Yep, companions were overnerfed. Big surprise.

DakhathKilrathi

Seeing as Bioware still hasn't responded to any of these threads or posted a feedback thread of their own, I see no issue with posting multiple threads until they do. Otherwise, I'd be posting this in a feedback thread.

My main is a decently well geared (fully crit/alacrity/accuracy augmented mix of 220s and 216s, with most of the enhancements optimized) Balance Sage. For laughs, I tried running solo through a Star Fortress last night with my highest rank companion, IR44 Lana, set to heals. I prefer to run with a healer because it means less down time between fights... or it's supposed to. It always did prior to this patch, but now things have changed.

Can I do it? Maybe. But it's time consuming and I have to use pretty much every cooldown available to me, and that's in addition to the self heals that are part of my rotation. Then there's a ton of downtime between fights because I have to stop to heal because my healing companion is utterly useless. I made it as far as the Praetorian before I got tired of it. I didn't die once, but would have in a couple of places without the 8 seconds of immunity to damage that Force Barrier provides. I'm not positive I could have made it through the portion leading up to the Exarch. (Hilariously, the regular melee Knights were more of a problem than the Champion mobs for some reason, and there are several of those in the instance that you can't skip.)

Here's the thing: I know my class, I'm well geared, AND I had a high rank companion, and I still struggled with this in places. The average player I see in group finder/in a PUG couldn't clear this content with companions as they are right now. I understand that they were too good before (although I don't see that as the same problem that some of you do) but feel that companions are essentially useless right now. A high rank companion can't even heal you through regular trash mobs if you take too long to kill them.

tl;dr: A lot of people who play this game can't clear H2 Star Fortresses with companions as they are right now, and that needs to change.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Well, that's just your fault for not having all 220 gear, the "right" class, and a comp at rank 50. If someone can solo a Star Fortress, anyone can if they just stop sucking!

Yeah, still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get my Assault Cannon DPS Trooper to get the "One for All" achievement.

Well, that's just your fault for not having all 220 gear, the "right" class, and a comp at rank 50. If someone can solo a Star Fortress, anyone can if they just stop sucking!

Yeah, still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get my Assault Cannon DPS Trooper to get the "One for All" achievement.

The funny thing is: I probably can do it. I also recognize that a lot of the people I see in this game can't. Since they've said that H2s should be soloable with a companion, something needs to change here.

They are just deleting these threads, or move them to off-topic forum.

They're moving the ones talking about unsubscribing. They have always done that.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

I could be complaining now that companion gifts give only half the influence points (1997 at lvl30 before, 936 after the patch). I guess that point is pretty moot now, since even at lvl50 they would be pretty much useless.

Before the patch it was a big enough grind to get through Star Fortresses.. now they want us to take longer to grind companions to 50, and still grind longer through content > huge fail = already canceled my subscription.

BioWare, pass this up to the higher ranks that don't seem to realize their decisions that make you do some code changes, are not helping increasing income. If need to be, democratically elect one of your (inner rank) employees to take one for the team and punch the EA executive for his bad decisions in his stupid face, Rocky Balboa-style, pretty please.

PS: Still have 26 days playing time left. If those ridiculous nerfs aren't reverted by then, my subscription will stay canceled.

Edited by HK-FortySeven

I could be complaining now that companion gifts give only half the influence points (1997 at lvl30 before, 936 after the patch). I guess that point is pretty moot now, since even at lvl50 they would be pretty much useless.

Before the patch it was a big enough grind to get through Star Fortresses.. now they want us to take longer to grind companions to 50, and still grind longer through content > huge fail = already canceled my subscription.

BioWare, pass this up to the higher ranks that don't seem to realize their decisions that make you do some code changes, are not helping increasing income. If need to be, democratically elect one of your (inner rank) employees to take one for the team and punch the EA executive for his bad decisions in his stupid face, Rocky Balboa-style, pretty please.

PS: Still have 26 days playing time left. If those ridiculous nerfs aren't reverted by then, my subscription will stay canceled.

When you canceled, did you tell them why? That's a pretty important field to fill in.

Seeing as Bioware still hasn't responded to any of these threads or posted a feedback thread of their own, I see no issue with posting multiple threads until they do. Otherwise, I'd be posting this in a feedback thread.

There is a thread form yesterday, maybe if you learned how to use the Dev Tracker you could find it. The change hasn't even been live 24 hours, they aren't going to have collected enough data in that time to have anything to say.

There is a thread form yesterday, maybe if you learned how to use the Dev Tracker you could find it. The change hasn't even been live 24 hours, they aren't going to have collected enough data in that time to have anything to say.

What he said. I expect to hear something in a week or so, though. Mostly because of the LARGE numbers of posts in the Suggestions forum (nearly half the topics are criticizing the nerf on the front page there).

When they make a thread to ask for feedback, they sticky it.

Do you see a stickied thread asking for feedback (or indeed any thread asking for feedback; the one they made for damage control re:datamining doesn't count)? No? Huh.

Maybe they simply don't want player to solo star fortress heroic, and they make sure if it's not impossible, it's at least really hard. Maybe they want to encourage player to group up.

Maybe Musco said outright that you should be able to solo any H2. If they want players to group up, they should make it a true HM Flashpoint and put it in group finder. I would argue that since they haven't added an option to group finder for it, they don't intend for it to require a group.