Mercenary Interrupt?

Durzaka

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just ridiculous.

I can understand them thinking its to balance out our damage, but our damage is not out of this world compared to sorcerers or snipers.

What am i supposed to when i see someone charging something at me and there is no LoS? Oh, i guess since i have heals that have an hour cast time i dont need an interrupt.

Every class needs an interrupt if there are cast times in a game.

Use your stun as an interrupt in PvE, then proceed to use jet boost, and then (if the target is alive and if you are talented for it) rocket punch provides a knockback as well which can be used for an interrupt.

Since we are ranged we can do all of this while never losing more than a gcd for dps, unless the caster is at range in which case we gotta run to them for the knockbacks.

Rocket Punch is on a fairly short cd and does ok damage so it would be the best bet, but dont forget the other two unless you are saving them for something.

its funny, i was playing an hour ago and for the first time realized this as well. did the devs give any reason during beta why they didn't give us an interupt?

we dont need one.

the guy above you explained it pretty clearly imo.

Edited by IlynPayne

Use your stun as an interrupt in PvE, then proceed to use jet boost, and then (if the target is alive and if you are talented for it) rocket punch provides a knockback as well which can be used for an interrupt.

Since we are ranged we can do all of this while never losing more than a gcd for dps, unless the caster is at range in which case we gotta run to them for the knockbacks.

Rocket Punch is on a fairly short cd and does ok damage so it would be the best bet, but dont forget the other two unless you are saving them for something.

both sniper and sorcs (both ranged classes) have a stun, knockback, and yet they also get a pure interrupt. what makes them special?

rocket punch requires talents so not every BH can/will have it. Every other class (afaik) in the game gets a pure interrupt as a base ability except BH in which only the powertech gets one.

again this was brought up several times in beta and I have yet to see a good answer as to why we do not have one. people keep saying blah we have knockbacks and stun, like its somehow special and nobody else has them...

Edited by archfiend

both sniper and sorcs (both ranged classes) have a stun, knockback, and yet they also get a pure interrupt. what makes them special?

rocket punch requires talents so not every BH can/will have it. Every other class (afaik) in the game gets a pure interrupt as a base ability except BH in which only the powertech gets one.

again this was brought up several times in beta and I have yet to see a good answer as to why we do not have one. people keep saying blah we have knockbacks and stun, like its somehow special and nobody else has them...

1. Calm down, I'm not saying that our abilities replace an interrupt, but rather that we can work around it.

2. Yes, the rocket punch knockback is talented, I have said as much, but the very short cooldown on it makes it as good as an interrupt in my opinion.

3. A POSSIBLE reason for Sorcs and Sniper's to have an interrupt and us not to is because of the armor difference. We are the only ranged dps with heavy armor, it's kinda a big deal.

Personally, I think a knockdown with good damage on a 9 second cooldown is plenty. All you have to do to get the talent is go Arsenal. You could even Hybrid build Bodyguard and Arsenal or Pyrotech and Arsenal.

Again, it is not an interrupt replacement, true, but it will do until we are given a reason why we don't have one or they add one in. More than likely, they will not add one in anytime in the near future. Sometimes, you just gotta deal or reroll. It sucks, I know, but it happens.

I dont understand why ppl always cry and complain about their classes... Just because certain classes have certain moves other classes have to have them as well?? Stop whining plz. Bounty Hunter is just fine. I have one as well and its ridiculously easy and the damage IS OUT of this world. I rerolled Sith Jugg which is considered gimped but its fun and very challenging to play. (not a faceroll class) Bounty hunters have other tools to stop casting. Use them. Look back at WoW. Certain classes didnt have interrupts for years. Paladins, Priest, Druids and they were fine. Eventually blizzard gave in to the whiners. BH is fine. BH wear heavy armor / heal and has burst dps with knockbacks and stuns. Smh..

Sure Jet Boost and Rocket Punch (talented) can be sued as interrupt. But both require near melee range, and if you're doing it right, you shouldn't be starting the fight in melee range.

You're telling me to fight a healer in pvp i have to try and stay in melee? So a healer can kite me/i can get kited to remove all my interrupts?

I had a terrible experience the other day, where iw as allowed to freecast against a healer, he cast a really really slow heal every few seconds and negated most of my damage. I could do nothing about it. My electro dart is a 1 minute CD, nice, all the guy has to do is use some other heals for a second.

Jet boost, i have to run into melee range then blow the the healer OUT of melee range, interrupt ONE heal, costing me the time to run into range, as well as the heat and GCD i could use to dps.

Then if i want to interrupt again soon, i have to run back to melee range again to use Rocket Punch.

That is just horribly thought out and not fair at all.

I dont understand why ppl always cry and complain about their classes... Just because certain classes have certain moves other classes have to have them as well?? Stop whining plz. Bounty Hunter is just fine. I have one as well and its ridiculously easy and the damage IS OUT of this world. I rerolled Sith Jugg which is considered gimped but its fun and very challenging to play. (not a faceroll class) Bounty hunters have other tools to stop casting. Use them. Look back at WoW. Certain classes didnt have interrupts for years. Paladins, Priest, Druids and they were fine. Eventually blizzard gave in to the whiners. BH is fine. BH wear heavy armor / heal and has burst dps with knockbacks and stuns. Smh..

Except that mercenaries(and commandos) are the ONLY class in the entire game without a pure interrupt.

It hardly makes sense to give 7/8 classes an interrupt but not the last class.

Edited by Durzaka

That is just horribly thought out and not fair at all.

Except that mercenaries(and commandos) are the ONLY class in the entire game without a pure interrupt.

It hardly makes sense to give 7/8 classes an interrupt but not the last class.

I try to stay constructive but this is just a QQ Post. BH are more then able to kill every class in this game. They have the utility / dps to do it. BH are VERY easy to play if you have any pvp skill. There is always a Flavor of the Month class or classes that are superior to others. You wanna know what good pvpers do if they are on the short end of the stick? They find ways to kill that "other" class. BH are beyond fine. Roll a sith jugg and youll be glad you are a BH.

Sure Jet Boost and Rocket Punch (talented) can be sued as interrupt. But both require near melee range, and if you're doing it right, you shouldn't be starting the fight in melee range.

You're telling me to fight a healer in pvp i have to try and stay in melee? So a healer can kite me/i can get kited to remove all my interrupts?

I had a terrible experience the other day, where iw as allowed to freecast against a healer, he cast a really really slow heal every few seconds and negated most of my damage. I could do nothing about it. My electro dart is a 1 minute CD, nice, all the guy has to do is use some other heals for a second.

Jet boost, i have to run into melee range then blow the the healer OUT of melee range, interrupt ONE heal, costing me the time to run into range, as well as the heat and GCD i could use to dps.

Then if i want to interrupt again soon, i have to run back to melee range again to use Rocket Punch.

Firstly, if the healer is stunned he cant use those other heals. You should be able to get him down within 4 seconds. And, if you dont think you can, you can pop On The Trail which will reset the cooldown of your stun, meaning that 4 second stun can now be an 8 second stun if you use it back to back.

As a Merc, you shouldn't need more than 8 seconds of burst to take down a healer. It might take 10 seconds, which leaves him 2 seconds to cast, at which point your damage should pushback his next heal enough to make it take longer than 2 seconds. Unless he has an instant.

But even so, 8 seconds should be plenty. Do a couple of damaging abilities, two tracer missiles and rail shot should be sufficient to get him to at the very least 75% health. When he tries to heal that 25% up, stun, On The Trail, dps him down. If he is not at 20% by the end of the 4 second stun, stun him again. Profit.

Either way, none of this changes the fact that they aren't gonna put a new ability in the game for at least several months, if not a year. This has happened in MMOs before, and I promise you it will happen again.

yay wow fanboi! you didnt even have to mention wow, we all would have noticed by your lack of constructivism. i love watching wow fanbois drag the community down

btw not all of us played wow, ever

btw, the op is correct, we dont have a legit interrupt. if youd like to debate his opinion then do it and stop ************

yay wow fanboi! you didnt even have to mention wow, we all would have noticed by your lack of constructivism. i love watching wow fanbois drag the community down

btw not all of us played wow, ever

btw, the op is correct, we dont have a legit interrupt. if youd like to debate his opinion then do it and stop ************

If your going to quote any of my post.. please do so with at least a hint of intelligence and meaning. Not just to ramble for the sake of it. I fail to comprehend your logic referring to me as a WoW fan boi simply because I brought up a similarity. I didn't praise WoW in any way or take sides. Back to the topic though. BH's have moves to prevent casting. Talented rocket punch, Electro Dart stun which can be reset with On The Trail which gives you about 8 seconds of stun. BH's have effective burst damage AND heavy armor. Don't just cry for certain abilities just because other classes have them. BH's are more then capable of beating any class with out an interrupt. People always find something to cry about. Your class is fine. Learn to play it or roll one of the other classes with that interrupt that you need so much.

If your going to quote any of my post.. please do so with at least a hint of intelligence and meaning. Not just to ramble for the sake of it. I fail to comprehend your logic referring to me as a WoW fan boi simply because I brought up a similarity. I didn't praise WoW in any way or take sides. Back to the topic though. BH's have moves to prevent casting. Talented rocket punch, Electro Dart stun which can be reset with On The Trail which gives you about 8 seconds of stun. BH's have effective burst damage AND heavy armor. Don't just cry for certain abilities just because other classes have them. BH's are more then capable of beating any class with out an interrupt. People always find something to cry about. Your class is fine. Learn to play it or roll one of the other classes with that interrupt that you need so much.

go look up intelligence and meaning in a dictionary plz before you post again and make yourself look like more of an ***, oh and you should probably learn how to read first

on the trail's cd is 20 mins and shouldn't be used to reset "interrupts", its a last ditch resort skill that everyone else knows how to use. heavy armor is not an interrupt no matter how many times you point out that we wear it. electro dart is the closest thing we have and it has an activation and a long cd which makes it almost worthless. more ideas plz?

go look up intelligence and meaning in a dictionary plz before you post again and make yourself look like more of an ***, oh and you should probably learn how to read first

on the trail's cd is 20 mins and shouldn't be used to reset "interrupts", its a last ditch resort skill that everyone else knows how to use. heavy armor is not an interrupt no matter how many times you point out that we wear it. electro dart is the closest thing we have and it has an activation and a long cd which makes it almost worthless. more ideas plz?

This thread is a QQ Post period. People are crying for an interrupt just because other classes have them. BH's are fine and more then capable of killing any casting class. Stop worrying about what other classes have and just practice in getting better at your own. Like I said, good pvpers stand tall over FotM classes or imbalances and the crazy thing is BH's are FINE lol. It's a rather easy class. Just go practice. BH dps output is insane so while the other class your fighting is casting your blowing them up. Chain your CC's and like I said practice.

This thread is a QQ Post period. People are crying for an interrupt just because other classes have them. BH's are fine and more then capable of killing any casting class. Stop worrying about what other classes have and just practice in getting better at your own. Like I said, good pvpers stand tall over FotM classes or imbalances and the crazy thing is BH's are FINE lol. It's a rather easy class. Just go practice. BH dps output is insane so while the other class your fighting is casting your blowing them up. Chain your CC's and like I said practice.

your nothing but a troll period.

how often do you want to repeat yourself?

why should bh find a workaround when everyone else has a normal interrupt? oh yeah i forgot 5% more mitigation from heavy armour.

just stop embarrasing yourself.

your nothing but a troll period.

how often do you want to repeat yourself?

why should bh find a workaround when everyone else has a normal interrupt? oh yeah i forgot 5% more mitigation from heavy armour.

just stop embarrasing yourself.

Embarrassed is quite an over statement. Their is no way for me to get embarrassed over a videogame. I could really care less of other peoples opinions to where I could be "embarrassed". BH's do just fine in pvp against any class. Not having an interrupt doesn't hinder a BH from killing anything.Their is really nothing else to be said on the matter.

Firstly, if the healer is stunned he cant use those other heals. You should be able to get him down within 4 seconds. And, if you dont think you can, you can pop On The Trail which will reset the cooldown of your stun, meaning that 4 second stun can now be an 8 second stun if you use it back to back.

As a Merc, you shouldn't need more than 8 seconds of burst to take down a healer. It might take 10 seconds, which leaves him 2 seconds to cast, at which point your damage should pushback his next heal enough to make it take longer than 2 seconds. Unless he has an instant.

But even so, 8 seconds should be plenty. Do a couple of damaging abilities, two tracer missiles and rail shot should be sufficient to get him to at the very least 75% health. When he tries to heal that 25% up, stun, On The Trail, dps him down. If he is not at 20% by the end of the 4 second stun, stun him again. Profit.

Either way, none of this changes the fact that they aren't gonna put a new ability in the game for at least several months, if not a year. This has happened in MMOs before, and I promise you it will happen again.

Youre joking right?

First, cant use on the trail because it requires a companion (at least most 20 min cds do, i havent checked). So i need to use a 20 minute CD to be able to a counteract what a heal needs to do nothing to counter.

You obviously are delusional about the damage a BH can do. 4 seconds isnt even close to enough time to kill a healer. thats enough time for explosive dart 3 TM and a rail shot. That wont do 10k+ damage in a warzone.

Again, youre only counter argument is for Mercs to use our STUN to interrupt a spell, which shouldnt need to be used.

Ill accept the argument for no interrupt before ill accept the argument to use stuns and a 20min cd to kill a healer.

Interrupt is overrated anyway, as they only disable that one particular spell/attack for 4 seconds. So healer is casting a heal, and you interrupt it. Big whoop, he'll just follow up with another heal. Base rule for any decent PvP healer is "heal early, heal often". So interrupt won't save you. This isn't WoW where it would lock out the entire restoration school.

Interrupt is overrated anyway, as they only disable that one particular spell/attack for 4 seconds. So healer is casting a heal, and you interrupt it. Big whoop, he'll just follow up with another heal. Base rule for any decent PvP healer is "heal early, heal often". So interrupt won't save you. This isn't WoW where it would lock out the entire restoration school.

He loses the time spent casting that heal (IE if you interrupt at 2/2.5) AND cant cast for 4 seconds.

That, combined with our actual stun, can allow us some kind of counter to a healer.

At this point its one 4 second stun then just constantly trying to outdamage their healing (and a proper ehaler should ALWAYS outheal a dps if they arent getting CC'd/interrupted.)