Warhero Gear for Ops & PvE? Good idea for Arsenal Merc?

genecor

Sooo, I lead to understand that in SWTOR, PvP gear is an acceptable way to gear for jumping into Operations.

I know the Armouring, Mods & Enh are equiv to Black Hole/Campaign level, but wouldn't the gears' stat budget be wasted on Expertise and End?

I'm just wondering for Arsenal Mercs... The Warhero 2 pc bonus (reduced Jetboost) is marginally beneficial in PvE, especially in Ops. 4 pc IIRC is the crit on Railshot (which ain't bad I suppose) though the Eliminator's 4 pc bonus for free rail shots might be better in the long run?!?

I'm in mostly Columi and starting to get some Black Hole pieces and hopefully get some runs for Rakata or better soon. Just gotten the WH Chest, and might probably grind out the WZ comms for the rest of the set if I can.

Could someone explain or point me to some theorycraft or discussion that explains why PvP makes sense for a PvE-centric Merc? Thanks!

Sooo, I lead to understand that in SWTOR, PvP gear is an acceptable way to gear for jumping into Operations.

I know the Armouring, Mods & Enh are equiv to Black Hole/Campaign level, but wouldn't the gears' stat budget be wasted on Expertise and End?

I'm just wondering for Arsenal Mercs... The Warhero 2 pc bonus (reduced Jetboost) is marginally beneficial in PvE, especially in Ops. 4 pc IIRC is the crit on Railshot (which ain't bad I suppose) though the Eliminator's 4 pc bonus for free rail shots might be better in the long run?!?

I'm in mostly Columi and starting to get some Black Hole pieces and hopefully get some runs for Rakata or better soon. Just gotten the WH Chest, and might probably grind out the WZ comms for the rest of the set if I can.

Could someone explain or point me to some theorycraft or discussion that explains why PvP makes sense for a PvE-centric Merc? Thanks!

Warhero gear is acceptable for anything under HM EC

Elite War Hero gear is acceptable for anything under HM TFB

Warhero gear is acceptable for anything under HM EC

Elite War Hero gear is acceptable for anything under HM TFB

Thanks for your input. So does this mean that it is desirable to equip WH gear until I can replace it with Campaign/BH equivalent even if it means ignoring set bonuses (and provided I can meet the recommended stats as best possible i.e. 100% Acc, 30+%Crit, 75% Surge)?

Thanks for your input. So does this mean that it is desirable to equip WH gear until I can replace it with Campaign/BH equivalent even if it means ignoring set bonuses (and provided I can meet the recommended stats as best possible i.e. 100% Acc, 30+%Crit, 75% Surge)?

I'm not sure about the pvp set bonuses for the merc. I know that the pve ones are pretty good. I would suggest getting as many Campaign/BH pieces as you can and replace it if the pvp set bonus isn't that good. If it is really good, hold on to the campaign armorings and put in just the mods and enhancements until you get enough campaign armorings for the set bonuses.

Edited by bbare

I'm not sure about the pvp set bonuses for the merc. I know that the pve ones are pretty good. I would suggest getting as many Campaign/BH pieces as you can and replace it if the pvp set bonus isn't that good. If it is really good, hold on to the campaign armorings and put in just the mods and enhancements until you get enough campaign armorings for the set bonuses.

So your suggestion is to rip out the Mods and Enh from the WH gear into my existing Columi?

Anyway, here's a fairly up to date gearlist for my Merc think I need to work on my Surge and I could also improve the Armoring & mods for the Belt and bracers, My Accuracy is slightly above where I need to be, and I think I'm ok on Crit with buffs. I think my Power is a tad low though.

Wondering how else can I improve/tweak my gear while hoping for upgrades and not breaking the bank (alas I don't have a few million creds to burn on upgrades)