Class Story Does Not Give Enough XP!!!!!!

Effec

I'm a level 41 Assassin and the class story now has me on Voss trying to fight a level 47 boss. I can do absolutely zero damage to him. I thought they said we could just follow the story arc to progress???

I should mention that yes I am a subscriber

So now what?

Edited by Effec

New 1-60 Leveling Experience! Leveling from level 1 has never been more exciting! You can now reach Level 60 by doing Main Story Arc Missions and Planetary Arc Missions.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

So I have to do the Planetary Arc Missions as well as the story. Not all of the little side missions and I should have been fine....

I'm a level 41 Assassin and the class story now has me on Voss trying to fight a level 47 boss. I can do absolutely zero damage to him. I thought they said we could just follow the story arc to progress???

I should mention that yes I am a subscriber

So now what?

If you did all the purple icon quests you should have been fine. If not I would go back see what you missed. Or just do a few heroics to get some extra exp :)

New 1-60 Leveling Experience! Leveling from level 1 has never been more exciting! You can now reach Level 60 by doing Main Story Arc Missions and Planetary Arc Missions.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

So I have to do the Planetary Arc Missions as well as the story. Not all of the little side missions and I should have been fine....

That is correct. Just look for the purple missions as you go along and you should be fine.

I am currently level 38 and I have only been doing my class story and the purple story arcs on each planet and I am still on level 30 stuff. I would do some flashpoints and pvp to get you up to 47 and then start doing both planet and class story arcs!

This is how I did it OP on my current post 4.0 sith warrior, and this was without any external XP boosts active ...

I did all the quests on Korriban plus two warzones after I hit level 10. I was level 17 when I left Korriban and hit the fleet for the first time. Then I did two flashpoints, a couple of warzones, and all purple quests on Dromund Kaas. I was level 32 at the point I left the capital world. At that point, I was so far ahead of the curve I simply just started focusing on class quests only (with a little pvp to break up the monotony). Currently I am level 46 on this toon and haven't even step foot on the first planet yet in the Chapter two class story.

Although the leveling slowed considerably once I got in the 30s, I still think I will be pushing the upper 50s by the time I finish Chapter 3 of the class story. I may not even have to do makeb, Illum, Oricon, or Forged Alliance. Just do Ziost, get my level 190 gear and head on into the next expansion.

My suggestion to you would be to queue up a couple of flashpoints and do a few rounds of PVP. If you haven't done any PVP at all, you may have missed out on an opportunity to gain gear when you were low level. After 4.0, they added a mission to the PVP terminal where you simply interact with it and you receive level 10 earpiece, relics, and implants. Just doing the interactive quest and two warzones to do the daily, I ended up with enough XP to gain two levels while still in my teens.

In my experience leveling my alts, I've just done the planetary arcs and the class missions. I haven't done any flashpoints or side quests on the majority of them. I've found myself to be almost an entire planet ahead of the curve as far as my level goes.

However, if you were just doing your story quests and absolutely nothing else and found yourself in a bottleneck, do some tactical flashpoints, heroic missions with your companion on a lower level planet, or go back and do some of the side quests. While it is true that they've increased the experience gain overall for planetary and class arcs, that doesn't necessarily mean your experience is going to be ideal or on par if you simply do the bare minimum.

Go back and experience more of the content. :)